Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 10:19 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
First Chuckie Cheese, then Knotts Berry Farm now Disney World

Is nothing sacred, LOL

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/di...s-tells-fox-35
Trash gonna trash. It's in their nature. Expecting them to do otherwise would be like expecting Prius drivers to accelerate away from traffic lights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2022, 10:26 AM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Really - who cares? Not directing this at you personally - just the story in general.

People would be better served broadcasting a story with some relevancy to their lives. Instead people see more black folk behaving like uncontrolled fools. White viewers see this - what are they supposed to believe about black folk when they see this all of the time? It definitely does not help race relations. There is no good in highlighting this nonsense.
Actually, not many people care because it was only a local news story and then about a fight at Disney World making it noteworthy. Then you have someone post it on a low traffic webforum with an obvious angle.

If you made the woman in the video doing most of the punching and her family white, this would have had a shot at being made national news.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:27 AM

17,604 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
So.....you know that Disney World is a destination vacation point that draws people from all over the world, right? Just sayin'.
Yep. Also the participants in this skirmish appear to be from a deep blue urban hellhole if I had to guess, making them almost certainly members of the Democrat base.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:45 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Really - who cares? Not directing this at you personally - just the story in general.

People would be better served broadcasting a story with some relevancy to their lives. Instead people see more black folk behaving like uncontrolled fools. White viewers see this - what are they supposed to believe about black folk when they see this all of the time? It definitely does not help race relations. There is no good in highlighting this nonsense.
Personally, I want to know where this kind of things goes on so I can avoid it.

We were at King's Island last weekend and they would periodically make announcements over the loudspeaker saying people who behave badly will be ejected from the part. I don't know if they actually did it or not. But it was nice and peaceful there.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:51 AM

14,952 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I think it's just florida....
I think it just visitors in Florida

Old 07-22-2022, 11:00 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,200,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Personally, I want to know where this kind of things goes on so I can avoid it.

We were at King's Island last weekend and they would periodically make announcements over the loudspeaker saying people who behave badly will be ejected from the part. I don't know if they actually did it or not. But it was nice and peaceful there.
King's Island has had a reputation for violence for quite some time. At least 20 years ago, it was considered a "local" park for us and we all knew to be on our best behavior.

Having said that, Disney is not immune to the outlandish behavior of it's guests, but, they do, generally handle it much quicker and much better with their security. Guess this time it wasn't quick enough and too many people considered the fight itself as entertainment so spent more time filming it.

I believe these events have always happened. We just didn't hear about them because people weren't regularly recording it to share on social media.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:10 AM

50,704 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Because we're seeing more and more of family brawls at so-called "family friendly" amusements.

You tube is chock full of these videos.

Why is this happening when years ago it was quite rare to read about this.

Something has changed and I don't know what.
We’re seeing them more because everyone is recording everything now. And generally angrier today.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:15 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
Quote:
...Why is this happening when years ago it was quite rare to read about this...
Years ago mass school killings were rare. Now they are so common that every school has training and drills for them.

Fights on planes are happening more too. Road rage wasn't common awhile back and it happens more as well.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:17 AM

20,098 posts, read 8,998,912 times
You're not safe on Disney properties anymore. Welcome to America.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:17 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I believe these events have always happened. We just didn't hear about them because people weren't regularly recording it to share on social media.
Yes and no. True, the fact that everyone has a camera and access to social media means that we hear about these incidents far more than we used to. But it's also true that public decorum has been spiraling downward for quite some time, and the downward trend has rapidly increased in just the past few years. You see it in terms of aggressive driving all around you; of increased litter in public spaces; in hair-trigger tempers. People used to dress up to get on a plane; now they attack flight attendants. It didn't used to be this way.

I have no idea how many brawls have taken place in the Magic Kingdom over the years. But I'd be willing to bet money that the number of such occurrences has been steadily increasing, at a rate greater than the increase in park attendance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies