Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 07:12 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,831,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
why one family of any race chooses to escalate to a major disagreement and a brawl against someone else over a spot in line is kinda what matters - based on the fact we've learned thus far.

therein lies the "IQ test" comment - who is dumb enough to choose this route?
I certainly understand their frustration.

25-30 years ago, at Six Flags Magic Mountain, black teenage line-jumpers would pass us 4-5 times in every line while we waited our turn for a ride. Once, while I was there with a date, I refused to let them pass me. One of them returned with a huge bodybuilder "uncle" who threatened to whip my ass if I stopped them again.

Later, we witnessed teenagers bolting out of the logo shops with armloads of clothes. When exiting the park, security demanded receipts or confiscated the stolen goods.

I have never been back to that park and quit going to all of them due to this kind of behavior.

When it drives away enough of the middle-class spenders, Parks will be forced to crack down in order to survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2022, 07:31 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
The ban policy isn't anything new. It is kinda common sense.

They can toss flyers out in the all the urban areas about the policy.
But you just know there is always some young buck looking to keep it real. Some superman thinking the world revolves around them. That won't stop.

The man in the red shirt in that other DisneyLand video is heard shouting, " I am ready to go to jail tonight".
Ain't no Micky Mouse Ban gonna faze him. lol.
I've been trying to say the exact same thing. It's a given that if you commit violence in Disney World, you will get banned for life. I thought everyone knew that.

Individuals who are used to living through violence won't care about a Mickey Mouse ban. People have been getting banned from Disney World for years. DW has rules and it is enforcing those rules. This doesn't seem to phase some people. It's hasn't done a good job at stopping some people from bringing violent family members along.

Whenever you have individuals who have a prison mindset, a "kill or be killed" mindset, what can you do?

Old 07-31-2022, 07:36 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I decided to Google "why do fights happen at Disney World?". In doing so, I learned something: Apparently, no one knows why some people decide that fighting is a good idea. I can come up with my own theories why some people decide to get into fights at Disney World, or at other amusement parks.

I did read about a family who got permanently banned from Disney World because they were fighting. The kids were banned too. The kids had nothing to do with it, but had to pay the price alongside the adults. Innocent suffered for the guilty.

I realize something. Disney can ban people from their parks for life for such behavior. In my opinion, it won't really make a dent. This is why. Many people are selfish, and have a "shoot first, ask questions later" mindset. People who get into brawls at amusement parks are not only violent, they think in the short term. They lack any kind of foresight or long term thinking. Everything is about "NOW". And the thing is, many of those persons will never think about how much their actions will hurt other people. They do not care.
they surely don't practice the Golden Rule.

Or, if this is their bastardization of it (I WANT you to start a fight with me) then they need intervention.

Old 07-31-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
No, I don't want to turn Disney Land or Disney World into a North Korean military camp. I am saying that more police presence at amusement parks might get some people to think twice.

There have been plenty of cases where people have been banned from Disney World for violent behavior. It's in Disney's policy. The problem is that people who commit violence, they don't think. They shoot first, ask questions later. Getting the word out is easy. People thinking about what they do before they do it, that is much harder.
so ... maybe let's back up just a second.

DisneyWorld has ~60K visitors a day. Here we saw an issue among max 20 of them.

Just like a small % of Black men are violent criminals, an even smaller % of Disney park visitors become violent. If we're not going to have an overwhelming constant force where "Black men" live, then why would we have a large police force where it's even less warranted.

Having done a little research when the whole "FL vs Disney the City" was going on ... being a 1st responder at Disney is a pretty cushy job. In either video we've seen, did you see what you would call a "real" cop ready willing and able to step into the middle and proverbially "crack skulls and restore the peace"?

I didn't.

Old 07-31-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
how do you convince them (obviously in the context, Black people)

"who were raised"

"to be violent"

"when they feel disrespected"

I suppose we look back into selective eugenics, if the bearer of children is going to raise them to be violent and feel disrespected.

And that's not racist at all. It could be ANY race that "raises their children to be violent when they feel disrespected".
I wasn't talking specifically about Black people in this case. There was a reason I left race out of this. I am talking about a mentality and only a mentality.

Old 08-01-2022, 06:49 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
As bad as this braw was, I just saw a brawl at Disneyland a few years ago that was even worse. Disgusting and hard to watch……

Warning…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oxJVVyZEbfk
Although terrible this one was family problems that spilled out in the open. Kids shouldnt witness it though.

Quote:
Well, if it was meant to be a joke, then said person should have given more indication that is was a joke. Humor doesn't translate well online.
Nah it was pretty obvious because police dont administer iq tests when they arrest someone.

Old 08-01-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
how do you convince them (obviously in the context, Black people)

"who were raised"

"to be violent"

"when they feel disrespected"

I suppose we look back into selective eugenics, if the bearer of children is going to raise them to be violent and feel disrespected.

And that's not racist at all. It could be ANY race that "raises their children to be violent when they feel disrespected".
Quote:
I wasn't talking specifically about Black people in this case. There was a reason I left race out of this. I am talking about a mentality and only a mentality.
Well, that's a good thing since I specifically didn't either. I surely said at the beginning "in the context..." but then removed race at the end.

Perhaps you'd like to speak to that.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:50 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I certainly understand their frustration.

25-30 years ago, at Six Flags Magic Mountain, black teenage line-jumpers would pass us 4-5 times in every line while we waited our turn for a ride. Once, while I was there with a date, I refused to let them pass me. One of them returned with a huge bodybuilder "uncle" who threatened to whip my ass if I stopped them again.

Later, we witnessed teenagers bolting out of the logo shops with armloads of clothes. When exiting the park, security demanded receipts or confiscated the stolen goods.

I have never been back to that park and quit going to all of them due to this kind of behavior.

When it drives away enough of the middle-class spenders, Parks will be forced to crack down in order to survive.
I just saw a TikTok report, for what it’s worth, that Disney prices have gone up 4000%. I really don’t know how any middle class spender can afford to go there. Maybe the issue is that only people with big drug money to launder can afford to go.

Old 08-07-2022, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just saw a TikTok report, for what it’s worth, that Disney prices have gone up 4000%. I really don’t know how any middle class spender can afford to go there. Maybe the issue is that only people with big drug money to launder can afford to go.
It could be that some people save their money for this. Some people could be putting their money together for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies