Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 03:16 PM

24,458 posts, read 17,203,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am going to say what I "always" say to the bold -- and that this is a problem of low-class people, no matter what their income or color is. By low-class, I mean people who are chronically unemployed, often have some kind of substance abuse problem, often have a history of arrests, and seem to be incapable of civilized behavior, with very little self-control.

When i was a girl living in SoCal, most of the people in my blue-collar community who fit the above description of "low class" were people whose parents were born in Mexico. When I moved to Colorado, most of the people I knew who fit the "low class" description were white. I admit that I have never known many blacks, but of all the blacks, I did know (probably fewer than 20 or so), 90% of them were very respectable and I could not imagine them getting into some kind of brawl any more than I could imagine you or any of my friends getting into such a fracas.

Of course, YMMV, but I am speaking of my own personal experience.

However, regarding low-class behavior being a societal problem, I could not agree more!

You are right of course. It is not a Black thing, it is a low class thing and class knows no race or color, you either have it or you do not.
Still time and again we are seeing these kinds of fights break out between Black people at airports, fast food places, Malls, the streets and amusement parks. I can't help but wonder where these "low class" people are getting the money to fly on a plane and enter an amusement park? I don't have that kind of money especially with the unknowns that are looming with the Biden inflation and approaching recession...

The sad part is that when White people, that are trying their best to see beyond the typical negative stereotypes that are associated with Black people are brought right back to it when they see this type of bad behavior.

It is really sad how a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch and actually frighten decent folk out of a potentially enriching friendship with a person of color.

Maybe it is true that America is a racist country but who is perpetuating that problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2022, 03:26 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You can't say that, it's racist...
I knew, we all knew, when the headline for this story appeared what we would see. It sure wasn’t going to be a Swedish family duking it out with some Japanese tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's not going to make me have much respect, but it would be better if the mealy-mouth nonsense stop and just say what you really mean. I know where this is going.
Have A Disney Day!

Old 07-22-2022, 06:34 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
You are right of course. It is not a Black thing, it is a low class thing and class knows no race or color, you either have it or you do not.
Still time and again we are seeing these kinds of fights break out between Black people at airports, fast food places, Malls, the streets and amusement parks. I can't help but wonder where these "low class" people are getting the money to fly on a plane and enter an amusement park? I don't have that kind of money especially with the unknowns that are looming with the Biden inflation and approaching recession...

The sad part is that when White people, that are trying their best to see beyond the typical negative stereotypes that are associated with Black people are brought right back to it when they see this type of bad behavior.

It is really sad how a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch and actually frighten decent folk out of a potentially enriching friendship with a person of color.

Maybe it is true that America is a racist country but who is perpetuating that problem?
Reminds me of that bit by Chris Rock. Black people vs the N word.

Great bit and it completely reinforces the class vs race thing.

Old 07-22-2022, 06:54 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I knew, we all knew, when the headline for this story appeared what we would see. It sure wasn’t going to be a Swedish family duking it out with some Japanese tourists.

Have A Disney Day!
Here is the thing. I knew someone was going to find a mealy-mouth to make this "let's talk about how bad Black people are". I think like this. If someone wants to gripe about Black people, at least come out and say so.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:25 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I think it's just florida....
There was one in California a few years back. Looks like the same overweight woman stirring things up. Here she went up behind two people and sucker punched them.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:26 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Because we're seeing more and more of family brawls at so-called "family friendly" amusements.

You tube is chock full of these videos.

Why is this happening when years ago it was quite rare to read about this.

Something has changed and I don't know what.
In general, people are a lot more likely to behave like jerks since Covid.

Old 07-22-2022, 07:27 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Here is the thing. I knew someone was going to find a mealy-mouth to make this "let's talk about how bad Black people are". I think like this. If someone wants to gripe about Black people, at least come out and say so.
We can't. Due to sensitivity concerns.

Old 07-22-2022, 08:22 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
We can't. Due to sensitivity concerns.
Well, I have a question for you.

You are Black. It doesn't matter that you're the son of immigrants. If you're Black, you're going to be perceived and treated like a Black person. How do you take people complaining about Black people, and in some cases taking it out on you? What will you do in the situation where someone decides they want to single you out and treated you like a criminal because you are Black? How will you take it?

I'll admit it. I get angered when people want to go on and complain about Black people. This is what happens when you grow up dealing with racial hostility. You have a "don't take any crap from anyone" mentality.

Old 07-22-2022, 08:35 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
The problem GM (and fyi I agree with you) is that the racist trolls that lurk around the internet are just a thing and they will always be around. Keep in mind that there are lots of non-white racists too.

That being said, this entire story was:
a) Local news only
b) posted to this obscure forum with definitely some racists attending (of the white variety, some of the other
races have been banned or yet to be)

But anymore to make national news for something like racism you in most cases need to be white. But to be fair, black males had their moment of media abuse back in the 90's (in particular, not that it doesn't go beyond that) where they were demonized....so now it's white karen's turn lol.

Old 07-22-2022, 08:36 PM

5,978 posts, read 2,232,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Youtube and Twitter are full of videos of all races and ethnicities arguing or fighting at Disney or other vacation spots near daily. Yet somehow only the ones with a certain race are ever posted here, wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies