Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 03:12 PM

72,990 posts, read 62,569,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Why is this in the politics section? Seriously? Doesn’t this belong in the Florida section?
If it involves talking about Black people, it will end up in this section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2022, 04:21 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,825,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If it involves talking about Black people, it will end up in this section.
I just quickly scanned the first 70+ posts in the P&OC subforum. 3-4 appear to be specifically about black people, judging by the titles. (I haven't read every thread in detail.)

Perhaps it just seems that way to you because you focus your time on the few threads that are about black people.

The vast majority of the threads are actually about white people, but people of every color are discussed here.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
2Pac, Snoopy, Dre, Busta, Everlast, etc. existed in the 90s. Back then we still had standards unlike today. Yeah there was ghettoism and some wildin' out, outside the hoods you rarely had these types of escalations. So it's kinda dumb to blame today's degeneration of Black American society on them.
I don't see so much a degeneration, but what has always been there. There has always been that segment of the Black population involved in nonsense. However, thanks to social media and smartphones, we hear about it more. Not only do we hear about it more, those individuals who involve themselves in such violence just don't care. There are just one too many individuals who have no manners, who have no decorum, and don't care how embarrassing their behavior is. One thing I do notice, and this is just my opinion, are fewer people willing to stop said persons in their tracks. Not because it's not politically correct to do so, but because it would turn into a lawsuit. Anyone can call the police. However, sometimes an individual needs to fear the average citizen to behave correctly.

There is no way my parents would have gotten in a brawl in public, especially with their children there. My father wouldn't have it. Neither would my mother.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:39 PM

1,108 posts, read 528,267 times
i see a common detonator with all this crap do you see it too?

Old 07-30-2022, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
i see a common detonator with all this crap do you see it too?
Enough with the guessing games. You can go through the rest of the thread to see what everyone is talking about.

Old 07-30-2022, 09:27 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,753,593 times
To me it's not worth it to fight over your place in line at Disney world. Bread line in famine situation yes. Amusement park no. Walk away with your dignity.

Old 07-31-2022, 08:42 AM

1,108 posts, read 528,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Enough with the guessing games. You can go through the rest of the thread to see what everyone is talking about.
Oh please i did - i know clearly who it was - i tried without success to get a point across to you!

Old 07-31-2022, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
Oh please i did - i know clearly who it was - i tried without success to get a point across to you!
Well, I've been on this thread for over 15 years. I know how some of this mealy-mouth crap works. What is your point? Not THE POINT, but your point? And why is it so important to YOU that I see it? What do you want from me?

In my case, I'm blunt and get straight to the point. And then I tell you why it's important.

Old 07-31-2022, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
To me it's not worth it to fight over your place in line at Disney world. Bread line in famine situation yes. Amusement park no. Walk away with your dignity.
It's not worth it. I just think about this. Some people don't think things through, or say to themselves "it's not worth it". Many people are of the "shoot first, ask questions later" mindset. Some people view dignity as being a pushover or being "soft". It's a mindset not so different from what we see in prisons. No, it's not worth it. However, how do you convince some individuals, who were raised their whole lives to be violent when they feel disrespected, that it's not worth it?

Old 07-31-2022, 09:25 AM

I decided to Google "why do fights happen at Disney World?". In doing so, I learned something: Apparently, no one knows why some people decide that fighting is a good idea. I can come up with my own theories why some people decide to get into fights at Disney World, or at other amusement parks.

I did read about a family who got permanently banned from Disney World because they were fighting. The kids were banned too. The kids had nothing to do with it, but had to pay the price alongside the adults. Innocent suffered for the guilty.

I realize something. Disney can ban people from their parks for life for such behavior. In my opinion, it won't really make a dent. This is why. Many people are selfish, and have a "shoot first, ask questions later" mindset. People who get into brawls at amusement parks are not only violent, they think in the short term. They lack any kind of foresight or long term thinking. Everything is about "NOW". And the thing is, many of those persons will never think about how much their actions will hurt other people. They do not care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies