Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2022, 04:36 AM

8,756 posts, read 5,053,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massiveshibe View Post
Always Florida
You don`t get out much...do you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2022, 06:19 AM

364 posts, read 121,046 times
Good thing this happened at Disney, where there are no colors or sexes. Nobody was arrested since there was no way to identify the perps.

Old 07-23-2022, 06:42 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Summer in Florida for non residents. My observations are hot, sweaty people, with swamp ass. Mostly northerners waiting on line to be entertained, go on a ride, eat, pee, spending tons of cash on crappy food, etc. in 90-110F heat with kids who are spiked on sugar....

What could possibly happen?

See those locals over there, sittin' in the shade, drinkin' cool drinks, lookin lazy and content... holding a fishin' rod... see them? be like them.
When I was driving airboats, a guest on my boat, while we were still at the dock getting ready to go, was complaining to me about how hot it was, as if I was in control of it, and was making it dreadful on purpose.

I kept it light, because I know heat makes people upset, so I said: "Why do you think the flights to Miami are cheaper this time of year?"

It clicked. Everyone in that boat immediately understood.

Thankfully, we didn't have many problems there, and a huge part of that was because of the boss. He didn't put up with bad tourists. One time, a mad tourist was in the store, got mad at something trivial - I think he felt he wasn't attended to in a timely fashion. It was hot, tempers rise, and he slammed either his drinks or his fists on the base of the cash register. He broke the cash register. The boss took his card and made him pay for it, right then and there.

When some idiots tried to steal the tips from one of the workers, a couple of employees put the guys on the ground. One of the employees always carried. While they had the guys on the ground, they asked the boss if they should shoot them or wait for the police. The boss said, 'Just shoot them.' Scared the crap out of those guys on the ground, and they began apologizing profusely. (Obviously they weren't going to actually shoot them, but that gives you an idea of what my old boss was like.) NO politically correct anything from the boss. I respected him a lot.

If more owners, managers, supervisors, CEOs, etc would stop with the PC horse crap, you could diminish many of these issues, immediately.

Old 07-23-2022, 06:46 AM

21,928 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
When I was driving airboats, a guest on my boat, while we were still at the dock getting ready to go, was complaining to me about how hot it was, as if I was in control of it, and was making it dreadful on purpose.

I kept it light, because I know heat makes people upset, so I said: "Why do you think the flights to Miami are cheaper this time of year?"

It clicked. Everyone in that boat immediately understood.

Thankfully, we didn't have many problems there, and a huge part of that was because of the boss. He didn't put up with bad tourists. One time, a mad tourist was in the store, got mad at something trivial - I think he felt he wasn't attended to in a timely fashion. It was hot, tempers rise, and he slammed either his drinks or his fists on the base of the cash register. He broke the cash register. The boss took his card and made him pay for it, right then and there.

When some idiots tried to steal the tips from one of the workers, a couple of employees put the guys on the ground. One of the employees always carried. While they had the guys on the ground, they asked the boss if they should shoot them or wait for the police. The boss said, 'Just shoot them.' Scared the crap out of those guys on the ground, and they began apologizing profusely. (Obviously they weren't going to actually shoot them, but that gives you an idea of what my old boss was like.) NO politically correct anything from the boss. I respected him a lot.

If more owners, managers, supervisors, CEOs, etc would stop with the PC horse crap, you could diminish many of these issues, immediately.
Can I add to that? If more prosecutors would prosecute criminals like the old days, this all would stop. Instead, they bash cops.

Old 07-23-2022, 06:56 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Youtube and Twitter are full of videos of all races and ethnicities arguing or fighting at Disney or other vacation spots near daily. Yet somehow only the ones with a certain race are ever posted here, wonder why?

That is a good question and I wonder why? Are people trying to reinforce the negative stereotypes to keep Black people down in the eyes of others?

Class or we should say the lack of it is the problem and not having class or even manners is a problem that plagues every race. It's like your mama never taught you better.

I think it is really sad that the majority of the time when a video is shown on the news and posted here on CD of the latest smash and grab, car jacking, looting during a riot and some fool dancing on the roof of a burned out cop car 99% of the time it depicts Black people acting like criminal idiots.

Of course there are plenty of White people that do stupid things in the name of "social justice". The majority of antifa members are young White punks.

When we think about the videos that are posted here showing Black people being fools and criminals the videos often come from the mass media. It is almost like they have their own angle in highlighting Black in a negative way... However when a young Black man forces the Police to use deadly force to stop him in this case Black people become the victims. This is odd in that far more White men are shot by Police then Black ones yet the Black ones get all the media attention which leads to marches, protests and more riots that perpetuate the negative stereotype.

Can we say that matters of Race are good for the Ratings? They are certainly great for politicians.

The trouble today is that people with low class are getting out more and they do not know how to behave in polite society. Maybe there should be a mandatory class in school that teaches manners?

Old 07-23-2022, 07:13 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Goes on in da hood every day. Isn't Disney part of the hood now?

Old 07-23-2022, 07:46 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I have a question for you.

You are Black. It doesn't matter that you're the son of immigrants. If you're Black, you're going to be perceived and treated like a Black person. How do you take people complaining about Black people, and in some cases taking it out on you? What will you do in the situation where someone decides they want to single you out and treated you like a criminal because you are Black? How will you take it?

I'll admit it. I get angered when people want to go on and complain about Black people. This is what happens when you grow up dealing with racial hostility. You have a "don't take any crap from anyone" mentality.
It isn’t cool to be profiled personally but I can’t blame people for noticing patterns. Maybe black Americans can start a cultural revival?

Old 07-23-2022, 07:50 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,975,888 times
would love to see them all spend 48 hours in the mickey jail.. where pissed off characters get to take their day out on these animals as they end their shift.

Old 07-23-2022, 07:54 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Yet that's NOT what people think of when they talk about black people. I know all of your stats are true. I get it. Everyone has to make a living right? When a gang member decided to create a YouTube video and it goes viral it's representing the culture. People decide what their image is going to be. Black people have to decide to control their image just like every other ethnic group does. Italians got tired of always being associated with the Mafia. In 2 generations they changed their whole image. JLO was in shoot outs with Puff Diddy and hip hop dancing . Now she is married to Ben Affleck. That's how you change your image. If the Latinos can do it why can't blacks? It's not organic. It's a group effort.
Here is the thing. I can only do my best as an individual. I do what I'm suppose to do. I work hard, I don't commit crime, I don't partake in the thug life. And I can find plenty of Black people who are doing the same, working hard, not partaking in the thug life.

And you're missing my point. In order for that thug culture to die out, it is going to take ALL of America's effort. Thug culture sells. Plenty of non-Black people are making money off of it. The record executives, the higher-ups, they make the most money.

I don't have any hope of a group effort coming to fruition. We can try, but pop culture simply has too much money to stop it. We live in a society that, at its core, is individualistic. It would be easier if this was a collective society, but American society, at large, is individualistic. If Black people want to control their own images, the entirety of the Black population would literally have to check out of American society (the main part) and live apart from the rest of America, like a foreign country. The thugs and hood rats live in their own world, and Black people who are about their business are trying to live in mainstream American society. Truth is, Black people have never had any control over their images in the American conscious.

Something else. We have plenty of Black men in the public sphere who aren't engaging in thug culture. Guess who is more popular? The thugs, the rappers. Thug culture sells. Like I've said over and over: Follow the money. Michael B. Jordan might be respected and liked, but the rappers are going to get more popularity.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:01 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It isn’t cool to be profiled personally but I can’t blame people for noticing patterns. Maybe black Americans can start a cultural revival?
What are YOU personally going to do when it happens to you?

Personally, I don't see any real revivals happening. The rot taking over social media is more popular. Pop culture generates alot of money from thug culture. The best I can do as a Black man is work hard, be a law abiding citizen, and stay away from thugs of any race.

Also, my thinking is a bit different from yours. I do blame anyone who would profile me. I'm not doing anything to warrant being singled out. Maybe it's the strong individualist in me. Maybe it's having put up with too much crap in my life.

Here is the deal. I can't stop idiots like those in Disney World from brawling. They will not listen to anyone, not even other Black people. They don't care about anyone but themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies