Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2022, 08:05 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,673,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Republicans should get vengeful if they’re going to toss political opponents in prison for process crimes that haven’t been charged in 50 years. Make Hunter Biden publicly testify, retroactively throw Eric Holder in prison for ignoring their subpoenas years ago.
The difference is Holder was a smart lawyer who knew his way around these things and he has been in politics for a long time. The Tea Party newbys were no match for him.

The Justice Department declined to prosecute the attorney general on the contempt charge, citing the fact that President Obama had asserted executive privilege.[145]
In September 2012, after a nineteen-month review, the United States Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General cleared the Attorney General of any wrongdoing with regard to Fast and Furious, stating that there was "no evidence" that Holder knew about the operation before early 2011. The report did cite fourteen lower ranking officials for possible disciplinary action.[146] Holder responded to the internal investigation, saying "It is unfortunate that some were so quick to make baseless accusations before they possessed the facts about these operations – accusations that turned out to be without foundation and that have caused a great deal of unnecessary harm and confusion."[147]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Holder

Old 07-22-2022, 08:18 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Anyone tuned in? I'm working today.
No. Don't care either way.

Old 07-22-2022, 08:34 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Congress shouldn’t have authority to issue subpoenas for anything to begin with and certainly there should be no criminal consequences for ignoring them
The U.S. Supreme Court in Watkins v. United States confirmed Congressional power to issue subpoenas, stating that all citizens have a duty to “cooperate with the Congress in its efforts to obtain the facts needed for intelligent legislative action,” and that they must “respond to subpoenas [and] testify.” Federal law penalizes individuals who refuse to respond to Congressional inquiries, as 2 U.S.C. § 192 states that any person who is summoned before Congress who "willfully makes default, or who, having appeared, refuses to answer any question pertinent to the question under inquiry" shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a maximum $1,000 fine and 12 months’ imprisonment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/contempt_of_congress

Old 07-22-2022, 08:54 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
God has ultimate judgement. If God wants he could allow the wipe out all of DC with one nuclear weapon. I hope God doesn't . His word says God is slow to anger. I don't think the corruption of DC will ever repent.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:37 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
Sloppy Steve ... Barely knew the guy. Lol.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Sloppy Steve ... Barely knew the guy. Lol.
But he was supposed to help get because Trump. Cross another one off the list like sOOO many others.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Thats basically what Trump is. A political evangelist / carnival barker. Tell people what they want to hear, with his little twist on lunacy that seems to enthrall them, they give you money.
Trump doesn't tell people what they wanna hear. It's not about that. He is a strongman who they worship. He could tell them tomorrow to go hug trees and buy electric cars and support BLM and they would. Overnight. And you know it.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
But he was supposed to help get because Trump. Cross another one off the list like sOOO many others.
I like my supremacists convicted. Just saying. How's locking Hillary up going for ya? We are beyond the rule of law or partisan politics..this is the post trump world where the USA is now a banana republic. Counting down till the next time MAGA attempts a coup.... Look. If we going to do political prisoners trump style then let's do it. All is fair when you want power right?

Old 07-22-2022, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I couldn’t be made a tree hugger, buying an electric car at this time in its infrastructure, cost of batteries, lack of charging stations, etc.., is ridiculous, much like supporting BLM and thinking because Trump could make me or anyone else that supports him do such things, lol.
I would bet my life savings that IF Trump came on national TV and said "I LOVE BLM" and flew the flag and had farakhan on stage next to him Fox News would run the clip for a week straight. Tucker Carlson would profess his love for BLM and all the trump loyalists would be on here defending his 180. Kelly Ann Conway would leave her coffin to hit the late nite tv circuit to spin his declaration. Within 48 hours the same alt right supremacists who marched at Charlottesville and stormed the capitol would be on here saying that Trump is a genius for supporting BLM and that blacks should now love him. Seen this game before . Doesn't matter what he says YOU will do it and support it. Unquestionable loyalty.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I couldn’t be made a tree hugger, buying an electric car at this time in its infrastructure, cost of batteries, lack of charging stations, etc.., is ridiculous, much like supporting BLM and thinking because Trump could make me or anyone else that supports him do such things, lol.
He made people believe COVID isn't real AFTER creating a COVID task force AND rushing out a vaccine. The guy who supported every thing he did for 4 years and was his most loyal yesman he convinced 10 thousand people to go try and hang him. Anything he says they will do. What makes you immune?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies