Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 05:55 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,295,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The jobs you keep hearing about are the ones that don't pay enough to afford the rent.
The Rent is too Damn High!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 05:57 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,295,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
huh? I thought Republicans were big on the whole free market thing, you know - hands off corporations let them do what they want. So now they want the Government to tell corporations how to run their businesses?
ahhh, Republicans want corporations to abide by the laws. there are regulations we want set at reasonable levels, but as long as there's a law, we want folks to abide by them.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:06 PM

1,884 posts, read 994,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
The Rent is too Damn High!!
The only party that mattered

Old 07-25-2022, 06:36 PM

13,273 posts, read 8,392,925 times
I've zero doubt that the capitalist eco minded despised the labor forces' resistance to work without higher pay. It hit them in the profit pockets. For a brief moment the employee had the upper hand. Negotiating hours, leniency and wage. Then the squeeze formed. Capitalist paid out but refused to take any ' less' in it's margin . So it increased product value, made do with less employees . Keep increasing costs. Then the real estate business saw the window of opportunity. Folks ultimately need shelter. Squeeze them of any funds they were able to break even on. Thus came the 35% increase and folks back to square one. At the mercy of the basics for survival. Food, shelter, utilities. I'm not an investor or care for living off another's hardship. Yet that's America. Your pain needs relieved and you'll pay the market price to ease it. Never mind you can walk away from that entire web of deceit. Stop depending on a system that favors the ' he who has the money makes the rules'. The problem with the workforce is they were short sighted and didn't realize that no matter what .. Mr profit was not going to ever feel pain. Only pleasure from the economic pain it incurrs.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:54 PM

5,831 posts, read 3,604,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I think the actual problem is that big corporations expect the government to pick up the tab via social programs, allowing them to pay employees less than they need to live, enabling greater profits. The taxpayers are subsidizing corporate profits.
How can someone claim they are not making enough money to live on when they refuse to work at all? It's always the fault of "big corporations", right? LOL

Old 07-25-2022, 06:55 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,162,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://medium.com/urbanfootprint/su...k-20b2511144df

Black urban areas are being hit the hardest.

We are about to be hit with an enormous homelessness wave due to Bidenomics, inflation, & perhaps by mid-week, a recession too.

Food insecurity has quadrupled in Maryland since December 2021:

https://www.cbsnews.com/baltimore/ne...s-food-budget/

These are very dark times for the bottom half of our fellow Americans.

Why are the Libs spending $40,000,000,000 on Ukraine, when Americans are losing their homes & going hungry? Where's the compassion?

The Uber Leftists only care about themselves, & they are out of touch. They are telling Americans to buy electric cars, when they can't even afford rent.
Vote democrat this is what you get. Thats one reason why I stopped

Old 07-25-2022, 07:15 PM

1,884 posts, read 994,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
How can someone claim they are not making enough money to live on when they refuse to work at all? It's always the fault of "big corporations", right? LOL
They?

Old 07-26-2022, 05:26 AM

25,468 posts, read 12,580,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Vote democrat this is what you get. Thats one reason why I stopped
Dems used to be the Blue collar working man...remember "Lunchbox Joe Biden"?

Now, they are purposely infliciting inflation on them to force them to buy electric cars that they cannot afford.

I think a lot of people will stop voting for Dems starting this November 8th. They'll mostly be independents, but even some moderate Dems will cross over. Suburban housewives, blacks, & hispanics too.

After the Pubs retake the House, I hope they don't blow it, like they usually do; with more deficit spending.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:13 AM

24,453 posts, read 9,315,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://medium.com/urbanfootprint/su...k-20b2511144df

Black urban areas are being hit the hardest.
Very sad, but we voted for it. Dems will always exploit we the black community for votes, then leave them out to dry. (I use "them" because I don't vote Democrat)

Ironically, the only solution would be for blacks to not vote Dem all, and watch the Dems bend over backwards to get their vote back. But until blacks hold Dems accountable, nothing will change.

Old 07-26-2022, 07:51 AM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
ahhh, Republicans want corporations to abide by the laws. there are regulations we want set at reasonable levels, but as long as there's a law, we want folks to abide by them.
Well I don't agree but at least after reading that I learned that you are THE spokesperson for 'your' Republican party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies