Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 05:12 PM

5,981 posts, read 3,724,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Tell the "no mean Tweets" to the people living in their cars in the Wal Mart parking lots.
Why don't they just get out of their cars and walk into Walmart (or most any other business) and apply for a job? If they can fog a mirror held under their nose, they would likely be hired on the spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2022, 05:22 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How is the war on Ukraine the fault of the Republicans? They were invaded under Obama and Biden?

You just try to loudly fart in an elevator and point to the dude standing way at the far side of it. You're really not fooling anyone.

Worst still given the fact that Romney (who I don't care for) warned everyone that Russia was a threat... And for that, he was mocked and belittled by the left. Fast forward a decade later, and once again we are being told Russia is the biggest, baddest threat the USA and the world faces... But this time, it's the democrats saying this.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:25 PM

21,925 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Except the illegals are hired by Republicans who are being depicted as little angels praying on the side rails while the left burns the house down. Keep drinking that delusional cool aide. Now your going to try to tell me the greedy are all on left? Rotfl
Yeah, you guys keep saying that. But show us the evidence of it.

An additional problem is the outsourcing of our jobs overseas. It's getting worse every day. All the companies have to do it to remain competitive. I would like to see some incentive to not outsource everything anymore. You know, like when a bunch of money came back into the US when Trump cut corporate taxes?

Old 07-24-2022, 05:26 PM

21,925 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
You think only republicans hire illegals, which shows how poor of a grasp you have on the reality of the situation.
Nah, this is just another oft repeated talking point that Democrats use and no one questions them because they know if they repeat the lie often enough, people take it as fact. Example: Trump colluded with Russia or trickle down doesn't work. (It actually does work).

Old 07-24-2022, 05:28 PM

25,725 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Why don't they just get out of their cars and walk into Walmart (or most any other business) and apply for a job? If they can fog a mirror held under their nose, they would likely be hired on the spot.
They've been getting paid not to work, & Joe says they have not run out of free money yet.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The support for and hiring of illegals is entirely bi-partisan in nature.

They're all over the country working in meat packing plants, agriculture, in the kitchen of a big city restaurant, cleaning hotel rooms, construction, lawn work....they're everywhere.

P.S. I'm sure they're in other types of jobs too but predominantly they're in labor roles.
Yes, I now agree with you. The big gov't parasites need more hosts, and our birth rate isn't high enough to fill the bill. They are importing hosts to suck off of.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But I thought the illegal immigrants didn't want to work or won't working?

So now we are saying they are taking the jobs of Americans?

Then why do we have so many jobs still available?
Because 12,000,000 American workers have left the workforce permanently. The labor force participation rate has sunk like a rock.

Next question please.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:57 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I keep hearing about the US having a shortage of workers, and that being one of the excuses for us being overrun with illegal aliens, who are coming to work (haha).

The things with the handouts is that they allowed people to know what it is like to live off of them rather than working. So the liberals who promote illegal immigration, well, guess who is contributing to the homelessness!

Mexico has jobs, and I bet they'll be producing more Fords here pretty soon, plus medical, dental and pharmacy is cheaper there.

Close the darn border and start deporting!
There is not a shortage of workers. There is a shortage of slaves. Businesses want a lot but don't want to pay a lot for it. People are just finally fed up with being worked like animals for peanuts and are ignoring the bottomfeeders who want to, for example, have someone with a college degree, 2 years experience, willing to work for $14.97 an hour and supply a personal vehicle for work purposes, driving upwards of 100 miles a day between worksites. One job I saw open for months this spring locally. I hear a lot of whining from business owners that they can't find people. And when asked what they pay, somewhere from the federal min. wage to maybe 14 or 15 an hour. Not even enough to live off of in this state. They in essence want the taxpayers to subsidize their profits by having their workers utilize social programs like food stamps or rent assistance to get by on their low wages. These bottomfeeders can either pay more or go out of business. Their choice. The government should not be allowing illegals in to keep their games going. Since 2020 many I know have either gone to better paying jobs or have gone self-employed. They're not living off the government, they've simply left behind bad employers.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Yeah, you guys keep saying that. But show us the evidence of it.

An additional problem is the outsourcing of our jobs overseas. It's getting worse every day. All the companies have to do it to remain competitive. I would like to see some incentive to not outsource everything anymore. You know, like when a bunch of money came back into the US when Trump cut corporate taxes?
Carrot and the stick. Provide incentives to stay, and punishment if they don't. Like a ban on importing their products if they shut down production here. We don't have to allow these businesses to import their junk after they offshore. We have every right to restrict imports for any purpose.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Here's a novel idea. Why don't all those people who are about to be evicted from their apartments go out and get one of the millions of jobs that are begging for workers???
The jobs you keep hearing about are the ones that don't pay enough to afford the rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies