Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 04:38 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,406,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Who said anything was a freebie? You went off course here. We are discussing “ rights to obtain.”
and where is rejecting it as a "right", making it that anyone can not obtain it???

you think making it a "right" (that is the title of the bill), will make it that it can not be banned, in one way or another.... have you seen the liberfascists and their jihad against all guns, even though there is a CONSTITUTIONAL amendment (in the bill of rights) saying shall not be infringed

ANYONE can (and will always) obtain contraceptives...you go to a doctor (OMG that is so freaking hard)...you get the script (again so freaking hard)... you go to the drug store and get the FDA approved contraceptive.... and OMG you might have to pay a few bucks for it...................... no need to make it a federal right.... its a normal human right.... you make it FEDERAL,... and they OWN YOU

Old 07-24-2022, 04:40 PM

88,713 posts, read 44,482,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Keep your straw man argument going because only you believe it. My example and the others presented by posters all show Republican efforts to remove, restrict or impede some facet of woman's health care options and freedom of speech. "Irrational" the efforts of these GOP legislators are stepping over each other to implement the most egregious restrictions they can think of so save you hubris for someone who believe you...

It was less than a year ago that the last of the 3 Republican nominees who all said that they consider RvW to be established law and not one that would change (or words to that effect) and all 3 lied so now we have the mess that they have created.
Efforts? Post any state's law that reflects your hysteria. We'll wait...

Hint: There is NONE.

Old 07-24-2022, 04:43 PM

51,964 posts, read 52,408,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Efforts? Post any state's law that reflects your hysteria. We'll wait...

Hint: There is NONE.
I posted up thread, it's a dog whistle. Ever since Roe the left has been in hysterics mode.

Ain't not getting rid of BC. Too many republicans want access to it for themselves.

This arguement is utter nonsense.

Old 07-24-2022, 04:59 PM

1,884 posts, read 992,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I posted up thread, it's a dog whistle. Ever since Roe the left has been in hysterics mode.

Ain't not getting rid of BC. Too many republicans want access to it for themselves.

This arguement is utter nonsense.
There's always the idea of ulterior motives and grand schemes when it comes to politicians. FWIW, my whole ~80% conservative family is suspicious of all these things. The only ones in my family excited with what the GOP is doing are the few that love the idea of a Christian theocracy. You're right that a lot of republicans want access, but I wouldn't assume our representatives act in accordance with voters' will.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:06 PM

51,964 posts, read 52,408,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
There's always the idea of ulterior motives and grand schemes when it comes to politicians. FWIW, my whole ~80% conservative family is suspicious of all these things. The only ones in my family excited with what the GOP is doing are the few that love the idea of a Christian theocracy. You're right that a lot of republicans want access, but I wouldn't assume our representatives act in accordance with voters' will.
Does any political hack act in accordance with the will of the voters.

Some of them say things but really......

Old 07-24-2022, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Look for many in the GOP to advocate a ban on all forms of contraception in the near future.
not going to happen...

less than 20% (16%) of ALL republicans (only extremists) want to get rid of contraception.... 84% of ALL republicans are FOR contraception

Old 07-24-2022, 05:34 PM

39,809 posts, read 26,369,236 times
I've tried reading the bill, but the "legalese" did as intended and camouflaged some effects of the bill. I have no issue with a federal law keeping contraception legal, and banning states or localities from passing legislation banning it. What is not clear to me-does this require any and all health care providers to provide contraception? That, I do have an issue with. If a given pharmacy or religious-based provider chooses not to provide that service-fine. That should be their choice-we're all for choice, right? No big deal for someone wanting these products to go elsewhere, or buy off the internet.

The other issue is that any plaintiff can have all their legal bills paid by the defendant (over exactly what it doesn't specify). Yet, should they prevail, no defendant can do the same vs. a plaintiff. Seems like a section that enables abuse.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:01 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,257,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
And please tell my why contraception SHOULD BE a Federal right?

Libs are becoming more and more crazy over time. It is painfully obvious to any sane American that we must ultimately separate from these loons to save the nation.
Abortion, birth control, gay marriage, inter-racial marriage should be individual rights, not subject to government edict.

Old 07-24-2022, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's scary how many people are willing to vote for Republicans who want all forms of contraception banned and abortion, too. Try finding a Republican running for office willing to just say NO! to the question, "Do you support banning contraception or birth control?" They are too afraid of losing votes and campaign money to just say NO!
that's not the truth....86% of republicans are in support of ALL contraception

Old 07-24-2022, 06:15 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,905,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Libs are becoming more and more crazy over time. It is painfully obvious to any sane American that we must ultimately separate from these loons to save the nation.

Why you ask? We shouldn't have to pass a law to make it a right. But the crazies in the states who want to ban all or some types of birth control are forcing the adults in the room to make it legal nationwide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies