Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 07:20 AM

1,134 posts, read 404,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
1. I am an agnostic, and I am mostly pro-choice. Just because someone is opposed to woke-ism does not mean that they are a Christian. In fact, plenty of people are opposed to it.

2. Well, first, they don't, and second, if they did, I doubt they would call anyone a domestic terrorist for having the nerve to disagree with them.

3. If ANYONE is anti-American, it is those people who say that the Constitution is irrelevant and call patriot displays "fascist" -- and that describes a lot more liberals than it does conservatives.
Excellent retort to gordo, and your point #3 cannot be repeated too many times. Because it's the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 07:24 AM

2,007 posts, read 865,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
It’s pretty much bubble gum. People like it for the sentiment but as a song it isn’t that catchy and the lyrics aren’t that imaginative. He says they wrote it in under an hour and I believe him. The song about Desantis and Florida was a much better tune.
Thanks, I thought as much. He looks like one of them groomed to make a buck country stars. Hank is rolling in his grave.

Old 07-26-2022, 07:35 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
Thanks, I thought as much. He looks like one of them groomed to make a buck country stars. Hank is rolling in his grave.
Shrug, nothing new. Heck Bush even had a cartoon about him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...George_W._Bush

Old 07-26-2022, 07:42 AM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Yes that's right Abortion banning do gooders. Stick your Jesus progress where the sun don't shine.

That's so true DeSantis and Greg Abbott supporters, let DeSantis and Greg Abbot save you. Let them tell you what to say and what to think and what to do in your private lives.

That's right. This ban Abortion, censor transgenders and censor corporations like Disney is a big mess that's ruining everything. Censorship do-gooders are Anti-Americans!
The thing I like (sarc) most about leftists is that censorship is one of their most-used methodologies on voices they disagree with, and then in the same breath, they tell us censorship is downright un-American when used on voices they agree with.

As is par for the course... democrats are the Party of Hypocrisy. If it is something they condemn, you can be damn well sure it is something they do.

By the way, not spending your money at a business whose social stances are disagreeable to you is not censorship. Disney is free to be as perverse as they like... if they are willing to take the revenue hit. And you are being hypocritical as hell on that one too. Tell me, if you drove up to a convenience store, and it had a great big Gadsden flag on the front, a couple Maga signs, and the guy behind the counter had a maga hat and tee shirt, would you go in there and spend your money, or would you... "censor" it? Don't lie.

Last edited by ChrisC; 07-26-2022 at 07:53 AM..

Old 07-26-2022, 08:02 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
I didn't listen to it, but does he mention his pick up truck or his dog? If not, it's not a real country song.
Or Mama or prison?

I listened to this song the other day and sure I could identify with it. I'm just naturally cynical. so yeah thoughts will always enter my head on the whys but sometimes things are just as they are put out there to be.

Look at all the protest songs we've had in this country. Sure, I imagine some were written and sung by artists solely for the almighty dollar but same as anything else, it's an avenue for these artists to send their message out to reach the most people.

In today's world of constant lying, deceit and mistrust it is so easy to second guess the motive for everything but I'm going to go with the song being exactly what it is intended to be - a rousing good old hell yeah you're right, stick that progress where the sun don't shine.

I don't claim to know the answers to all of these highly controversial issues that's taking over our country right now but I do think there is entirely too much government 'power'. I also like that line "If you'd leave us alone, well, we'd all be just fine."

I'm puking sick of Big Brother being in every aspect of our lives.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:09 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
It’s pretty much bubble gum. People like it for the sentiment but as a song it isn’t that catchy and the lyrics aren’t that imaginative. He says they wrote it in under an hour and I believe him. The song about Desantis and Florida was a much better tune.
Well, as far as "catchy", that is a matter of opinion -- but I have read more than one comment saying that it could be the new conservative anthem, and I personally can envision it being sung in many events where "God Bless the USA" is now sung; and I think "Progress" is just as catchy as "Take This Job and Shove It" (which was said by someone else, too).

A song doesn't have to be brilliant to be catchy. "Louie, Louie", "La Bamba", "Sugar, Sugar" (the ultimate bubblegum song, imo) and "Mmm Bop", to name just four None of those are exactly high-brow stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies