Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 06:53 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,051,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
What does that even mean?

It means my senior citizen of a mother no longer pays property taxes in your former state, the government does; under a new program few are aware of.
Which I find amusing, considering how often you used to complain about Illinois taxation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 06:59 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
I live in the Metro Seattle area and I’m basically Center-Right and my soon to be wife is finishing up her nursing degree program in Florida, but afterwards, wants to live up her in the Seattle area. She’s basically a solid Libertarian, so I’ll give her a year or two before she wants to get away from the progressive liberal’s BS that has infected not only Seattle, but the entire State of Washington, with their craziness.

Hopefully, we’ll move back to Florida or to coastal Texas when the “coolness” and excitement wears off.

I love the Pacific Northwest, but I only wish that we could basically create either new States within this Blue States or create “States within a State, where regions within their State can create/enforce their own laws. This is unlikely, so the only real option is to move to a Red State.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:07 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The real question is, how long will it be until the libs/dems ruin Florida like they did the states they are leaving?

Will they be like locusts that destroy one field after another until it's all gone?

Their communist whines will fall on deaf ears from the huge Cuban population. They'll learn, quickly, that their Cuban neighbors aren't going to agree with their woke bs, their push towards more government control, and destruction of family. They picked the wrong state to do that in.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:10 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
in NJ, i wouldn’t even bother voting as it wouldn’t change the brokenness of the democrat state legislature. it is true that the pizza in my new lovely red state is absolutely horrendous so i learned to make my own. i have been able to find excellent Asian food of all types out here. every day i see NJ and NY plates. they are flocking here en masse it’s unbelievable. All the problem solvers are leaving which will only leave the problems
LOL The pizza in NJ is one thing I cannot stand here. I have a choice "NY Thin" (AKA wet paper) or Dominoes.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Boomers moving to warmer weather to retire. WOW -- who ever forecasted that!!!!

Old 07-25-2022, 07:15 AM

7,353 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
It means my senior citizen of a mother no longer pays property taxes in your former state, the government does; under a new program few are aware of.
Which I find amusing, considering how often you used to complain about Illinois taxation.
my mother, a single senior (80) on a limited income in NJ has to fork over 15k per year in property taxes. she finally was able to have the taxes frozen so they won’t go up any higher. it forces people to move in retirement.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:19 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
my mother, a single senior (80) on a limited income in NJ has to fork over 15k per year in property taxes. she finally was able to have the taxes frozen so they won’t go up any higher. it forces people to move in retirement.
Yep. OTOH NYers moving here to NJ is pushing values up for those who own to amazing heights.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:26 AM

10,846 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://original.newsbreak.com/@l-ca...re-coming-from

Even though Florida's real estate prices have risen, the big money from the big Blue North keeps flowing into Florida.

That means less affluent taxpayers to soak for the Blue states, so those who remain there will get hammered w higher taxes to cover the shortfall.

Eventually, the Big Blue Gov't parasites in the Lib states are going to be starved to death, & the Blue voters will rebel.

At the same time, Florida is registering more new Red voters than Blue, so either the newbies have flipped, or the Red voters from the Blue states have fled to Florida.

The Red team is winning big in FLA.

Its not just people, its employers too. Miami is now the Wall Street of the South, & Billionaires are flocking to Florida too.

and to think that florida will be completely under water in a few years as per AOC...INSANE!

Old 07-25-2022, 07:27 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
And the blue meanies will vote the same way and ruin their new destinations.
Everything they touch turns to poop. So when these blue state refugees move in, expect your QOL of to be turned upside down.
Leftists can best be described as a virus. They find a health cell (area), enter, begin attacking in from within. They then replicate until they destroy the cell. Once it's dead, they move on to another, looking for another way to attack and repeat the process, until the entire state dies. Then they move on and destroy (kill) a new state.

This country needs an effective vaccine against "leftism" far more than we need one for the China Virus.

Old 07-25-2022, 07:29 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I live in the Metro Seattle area and I’m basically Center-Right and my soon to be wife is finishing up her nursing degree program in Florida, but afterwards, wants to live up her in the Seattle area. She’s basically a solid Libertarian, so I’ll give her a year or two before she wants to get away from the progressive liberal’s BS that has infected not only Seattle, but the entire State of Washington, with their craziness.

Hopefully, we’ll move back to Florida or to coastal Texas when the “coolness” and excitement wears off.

I love the Pacific Northwest, but I only wish that we could basically create either new States within this Blue States or create “States within a State, where regions within their State can create/enforce their own laws. This is unlikely, so the only real option is to move to a Red State.
My suggestion would be to move east about 300 miles. I can't see anyone with a remotely libertarian bent not being driven insane in a totalitarian hellhole like Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies