Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2022, 02:24 PM

88,556 posts, read 44,263,959 times

Advertisements

What in the hell was a bishop doing with a $400k piece of jewelry? And flashing it during a religious service???

Edit: Nevermind...

https://lotichurches.org/meet-our-pastor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2022, 02:49 PM

25,256 posts, read 18,405,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarbus9 View Post
Context though. Math guy is not a preacher.
And? Why would it be any different if it were a dentist or engineer or newscaster? We all have our professions. Why is stealing from one any better than stealing from the other?

Old 07-25-2022, 02:53 PM

4,972 posts, read 7,158,907 times
Looks like a setup. I'll bet he called his insurance agent before the cops got there.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:07 PM

9,365 posts, read 4,211,230 times
As a Bishop in a church I created this morning, Our Lady Of Eternal Flatulence, I find it best not to be too ostentatious with trinkets purchased with donated money.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:10 PM

88,556 posts, read 44,263,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Looks like a setup. I'll bet he called his insurance agent before the cops got there.
You have to have a special insurance rider/policy for jewelry worth more than a couple thousand dollars. And they're not cheap.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:10 PM

9,365 posts, read 4,211,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
That was exactly the first thing that went through my mind. Even the most outlandish of fake "ministers" don't adorn themselves with $400K worth of jewelry for a "religious" service. This idiot will be in jail by the end of the week.

Old 07-25-2022, 03:19 PM

5,281 posts, read 2,999,357 times
That video of him dropping to the ground looked phony.
Who in their right mind would trust a gold encrusted Rolls Royce driving preacher?
Them serpent wielding preachers from the south at least don’t steal from the misguided poor partitioners.

I have a low opinion of these kinds of people because we knew one that preached and lived in a poor section of Oakland and had a secret house in a Country Club Community named Blackhawk.
His son and mine were on sport teams together.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:13 PM

77,729 posts, read 59,858,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I guess Jesus decided a 400k piece of jewelry in "HIS NAME" was a grift too far.
Religion has always had their scumbags, it's actually something that Jesus had an issue with and that was 2millenia ago. That will never change.

It's basically just bad people flowing like water to the weakest point which is why you also see stuff like charity fraud and pedos in roles around kids etc.

As such, I try not to drag on religion over the worst of it. There is an awful lot of good done and well, if you've ever read a *serious* book about the Romans before and after Christianity (as an example) the benefits are quite astounding...despite other flaws. Heck the civil rights movement, anti-slavery etc. were....well I suspect you know.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:14 PM

30,133 posts, read 23,515,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Why? I'll bet your home is worth more than 400K. Would you root for a title thief signing it over to himself? Or how about that high dollar vehicle you drive? Would you root for a car thief ripping it off... presumably because he's had a rough childhood and you are a "fat cat"?

The Robin Hood sentiment is a slippery slope. Who decides where the cutoff point for "excess" is? If I'm flat broke living in the gutter, a twenty dollar bill in your pocket makes you a "rich man" target. Would someone like you root for me if I took that twenty dollar bill from you?
Preachers shouldn't be walking around with $400k of jewelry and driving whatever fancy car the article said he had.

Are they teaching about Jesus, or are they there to 'collect' the money for themselves from the 'collection tray' each Sunday?

Someone who is...a math guy, or an engineer, or IT who makes a lot of money, is not pretending to be someone 'righteous', and they aren't skimming money out of the pockets of their co-workers.

Not the same thing, at all.

If someone is going to preach to people about the Bible and the life of Jesus and his teachings, perhaps they should humble themselves and help others, not flash all the money they've somehow received as a preacher. This is yet another reason so many trash on Christianity - because of people like this.

I'm not 'rooting' for the robber, but I think this preacher has had his own share of...taking from people.

Old 07-25-2022, 06:30 PM

573 posts, read 257,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I guess Jesus decided a 400k piece of jewelry in "HIS NAME" was a grift too far.
Shame on you...this is a Black Minister in a City of Great Need...Doing God's work!...Surely he does much good along with a few miracles here and there~

ITS ALSO the Church of DA 'Alvin Bragg' ~!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies