Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 01:23 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

Many here know that I am originally from Germany. Although, thankfully, I live abroad, I keep observing it from a distance. And what I read makes me shudder...

There are reports these days that the German government is establishing offices where Germans can report fellow Germans whose views are against the government, but not enough so to constitute a crime. Wtf?!

Big German newspapers and magazines such as Spiegel are writing article after article on people demonstrating against government policies (regarding Covid measures, censorship, Ukraine war, etc.) and reminding politicians of their oath of office. They refer to them as right-wing extremists in order to discredit critics of the "traffic light" coalition government, that is infested with Green party radicals and warmongers, whose incompetence is causing Germany to make one big mistake after another.

After decades of ritualistic "never again!" demonstrations, Germans seem to have forgotten everything within just a few months.

A lot of it seems to be the result of left-wing brainwashing. Somehow it seems that the spectrum of political parties in Germany has been inverted. The Green party, which used to stand for peace, tolerance etc. and be considered leftist, has turned into a kind of fascist party trying to force its views on everyone. Some say, that transformation started with the former party heavyweight Joschka Fischer, a corrupt Transatlantic warmonger who destroyed the party from within.

At the other end of the spectrum is the AfD party, often called right-wing extremist by the media in order to make people feel afraid of voting for it, but in fact, being a progressive person myself, I feel much closer to that AfD party than the Green party, which is weird

Old 07-24-2022, 01:25 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
They aren't going "nazi". They are going woke like the rest of first world countries.
Progressive madness....you're either part of the collective or you are the enemy.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:31 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I think I have said before (although I might have just often thought it) that those who promote woke-ism are closer in ideology to Hitler and Himmler than to Jefferson and Madison.

And by that, I mean that many "Progressive" leaders and their extremist followers act as though they believe that anyone who doesn't agree with their ideas should be punished by being silenced, if not worse.

Last edited by katharsis; 07-24-2022 at 02:06 PM..

Old 07-24-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think I have said before (although I might have just often thought it) that those who promote woke-ism are closer in ideology to Hitler and Himmler than to Jefferson and Madison.
Jefferson and Madison aren't the good guys anymore; they had slaves so they were racists.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They aren't going "nazi". They are going woke like the rest of first world countries.
Progressive madness....you're either part of the collective or you are the enemy.

Exactly, if you don't support the government, you are an enemy or traitor...
Which is basically an utterly undemocratic attitude.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:41 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,300,113 times
The German electricity rates are the highest in the world.
The price of German gas is the highest.
There will be 3-4 millions of refugees just this year. They will be housed and fed by German taxpayers.
Kuka is Chinese now.

"This Bundeskanzler must go!"

Old 07-24-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Exactly, if you don't support the government, you are an enemy or traitor...
Which is basically an utterly undemocratic attitude.
But the lemmings believe they are on the road to utopia...where no one has a dissenting voice and we live in peace, harmony, agreeing all the time.

1984 my friend...1984.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Woke originally was a positive term, I think. But, just like political correctness, wokeism got out of control. Probably as a result of realizing that when one group tries to engineer society, there are always groups countering that. And woke people are probably too convinced of themselves and their cause so that they think anyone not sharing their views must be a bad person or whatever.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenze View Post
The German electricity rates are the highest in the world.
The price of German gas is the highest.
There will be 3-4 millions of refugees just this year. They will be housed and fed by German taxpayers.
Kuka is Chinese now.

"This Bundeskanzler must go!"
Scholz is an odd little fellow. But if I understand correctly, despite his scandals and unfounded arrogance, he actually tries to keep the Greens at bay, who are more radical than him.

Yes, energy prices are crazy now. Via their Trojan Horse von der Leyen, who is head of the EU commission (i.e. the EU government), the Germans are trying to force a mechanism on the EU now, according to which all EU citizens can be forced by the EU to save energy. But several countries have already said they won't participate in such a Draconian measure and accuse Germany of having made mistakes, and now wanting to make all Europeans pay for it.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:58 PM

I think it was Hungarian president Orban, who, when openly scolding EU politicians, said a few days ago that such a mess would never have happened if Merkel and Trump had still been in office.

(It is another topic, but I am pretty sure the Ukraine war was one of the if not the reason why everyone in the US, except half the population, wanted to get rid of Trump. He was in the way of the Ukraine war that had been planned for so many years.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.