Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 02:39 PM

35,568 posts, read 20,909,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
It is not unusual for a man to do something for his kids that he will not do for others, regardless the name calling which follows.. There are different manner of 'hypocrites'. From your link:

"Holding up high moral, ethical, and social standards is very difficult, because if one falls short of being a perfect example, one becomes a target and a hypocrite, albeit a well-meaning one.
— Mark Masters et al., New Dimensions, June 1990"
Get off of it. He’s a lawmaker. He knows the ramifications of a bill.

Old 07-27-2022, 02:43 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,296,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Apart from this, the OP isn't even correct. The congressman called the bill a gimmick and one that was unnecessary. That hardly equates to the congressman opposing SSM, which is already federally recognized.

I saw articles on this topic and thought, how bizarre and intentionally misleading.
I mean, it IS the MSM.

do we have a topic on the View and their claim of Nazis "front row" at the Turning Point conference? I'ma start one.

Old 07-27-2022, 04:15 PM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If I was his son I would have banned him from the wedding and told him why to his face.

He may be biologically responsible, but he's no father.
If his son came out as a pedophile Dad was supposed to support it? You can still love someone and not like a lot about them. Drugs etc. Doesn't mean you have to support drug use if your kid is a junkie.

Old 07-27-2022, 05:14 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,750,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If his son came out as a pedophile Dad was supposed to support it? You can still love someone and not like a lot about them. Drugs etc. Doesn't mean you have to support drug use if your kid is a junkie.
Pedophilia is a crime. Selling drugs is a crime. Being gay is not. Shame on the dad for trying to have it both ways. He's very disingenuous in my opinion.

Old 07-27-2022, 05:34 PM

6,270 posts, read 2,638,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Pedophilia is a crime. Selling drugs is a crime. Being gay is not. Shame on the dad for trying to have it both ways. He's very disingenuous in my opinion.
That is really a sad attitude that you are putting out here, and I am not even sure you understand why.

You are basically saying that for any child that does something their parent doesn't agree with, the parent would be "disingenuous" if they wanted to be there not necessarily to support the action, but their child.

I hope you have perfect kids who NEVER do anything you disagree with.

Old 07-27-2022, 05:59 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,296,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
if some state made it legal for an > 18 yr old to marry a 12 yr old, would you demand that be recognized in every state?

Old 07-27-2022, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
That is really a sad attitude that you are putting out here, and I am not even sure you understand why.

You are basically saying that for any child that does something their parent doesn't agree with, the parent would be "disingenuous" if they wanted to be there not necessarily to support the action, but their child.

I hope you have perfect kids who NEVER do anything you disagree with.
I think parents should absolutely support their children. But people who are in charge of making the laws for our country should think about their child's inability to even get married in the first place if what they are proposing becomes law. Doesn't that seem ironic to you? I didn't say he shouldn't have attended his son's wedding. I'm saying he's being hypocritical, especially when he is one of the ones making the laws for our country. He's not just some average Joe off the street.

Old 07-27-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
if some state made it legal for an > 18 yr old to marry a 12 yr old, would you demand that be recognized in every state?
Whatever are you talking about? What does an 18 year old marrying a child, which is beyond reprehensible, BTW, have anything to do with two gay consenting adults being married?

Old 07-27-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
well, if reading and digesting information is so difficult, I'll KISS:

It won't pass the Senate and thus will never become an unnecessary law.
I rest my case regarding the assertion that I "claim" to know what the Republicans will and will not do. All I have to do is observe. They're an easy read.

Old 07-27-2022, 06:20 PM

1,911 posts, read 545,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Get off of it. He’s a lawmaker. He knows the ramifications of a bill.
Don't know what you desire me to get off of. Has nothing to do with my statement. Just because he doesn't agree with same sex marriage doesn't mean he will (or should) ignore his son. Isn't that what you call tolerance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.