Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you regret being vaccinated?
No, I was vaccinated and do not regret it. 174 55.59%
Yes, I was vaccinated and have some regret. 46 14.70%
N/A, pure blood, never vaccinated. 93 29.71%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 07:41 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have not taken the Covid jab and neither of us has had Covid, at least not to our knowledge. I never get flu shots, and never get the flu either. I will say that the only time I have been sick in recent times was late 2019, right before this "virus" became known. It is possible that is what I had - but my symptoms were mostly those of a very bad, long lasting cold.

I don't take vaccines, I have a very strong immune system. I only had a couple vaccines as a child, things like polio and maybe TB. Otherwise I had all the usual childhood diseases and worked through them.

By the way, I am 73 and my husband is 68. I have many friends that have taken the Covid shot, and every single one of them has had Covid, many have had it multiple times. For most it has just been like a cold. I do have friends also who took the shot and had extremely bad long-lasting side-effects. A few have died, from strange complications that may be coincidence or could be the shots. Who knows.....

Old 07-26-2022, 07:57 PM

9,401 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I got mild myocarditis from the second Pfizer dose but I don't think it did any permanent damage. Without it I would not be able to go to Canada, so I don't regret it. I RESENT being coerced into taking an unproven drug though.
Indeed. This is about money, money, power, power, and control and control.

This is NOT a vaccine, it's an experimental drug. They can call it what they like. Typical timeline for a real vaccine from first test tube to first shot in the arm is about ELEVEN YEARS. Not 11 months, not six months.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:14 PM

388 posts, read 275,693 times
Never taken any Covid vaccine. I don't doubt their efficacy but in my case, by the time I was eligible for the Covid vaccine (late Spring / Summer 2021), two blood donation samples showed I was carrying High Titer of antibodies. And as of now, I have donated blood 5 times since Feb. 2021, the latest being, I think, May 2022, and another blood test (for a routine insurance biometric) done; all six samples showed Covid antibodies. I can't risk taking a vaccine when it was obviously not needed by me. I am healthy, youngish (50s) and the only time I have been 'seriously' sick in decades was a week long flu in Feb. 2011.
Having said that, I might take the newly approved Novavax just to be able to travel/cruise. It's a more traditional vaccine. I just hate that despite carrying antibodies for so long I am not considered immune from Covid.

BTW, I can't say I got ever sick from Covid. The closest I can remember was a day of dizziness while on my feet out in the yard in December 2020. I went to my doctor and he found nothing despite extensive lab work and chest x-ray etc in addition to the physical exam.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:15 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Actually, you are MORE likely to get Covid if you got vaxxed.
I don't see any evidence to support that statement

I got the vax, because I work for the Army (as a civilian), kinda had to...

I don't regret it at all, and "knock on wood" have not gotten the virus either

as I said, I don't regret getting it, BUT, I don't like that the government more or less forced it on to people (if you are military, or work for the government as a civilian it was/is a requirement).... (I retired back this last December)

Old 07-26-2022, 08:28 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
I don't regret getting them "yet" (4 total), but I won't be getting any more of them. Just too many side effects for me to make it worth it anymore. I just don't react well to them. Serious shakes, breathing issues, sweating, muscle cramps, headache, fever and even my teeth hurt so bad I can't drink anything.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:43 PM

22,823 posts, read 6,432,246 times
I got the 2 original Covid vaccines and one of the boosters, so far. No bad reactions. The shot that really hurt was for shingles, felt bad for several days, even so it's worth it. I've known several people who got shingles and the pain and rash lasted for months.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:47 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
If I had it yo do over, I wouldn’t have gotten the first 2 moderna vaccines. I don't plan on getting anymore. I know a lot of others I know feel the same.
Why? Is it because they heard from loony conspiracy theorists who say covid vaccines severely weaken the immunity system leading to serious diseases, some that may be fatal? It's speculated Monkey Pox has come about due to weakened immune systems after having had covid vaccines.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:51 PM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This poll is an absolute surprise to me. As of right now, 39.51% of respondents (32 out of 81) say they have never been vaccinated for COVID -- I am one of them -- and yet "according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention"*, these are the percentages of adults who have received at least one dose:

Ages 18-24: 64%
Ages 25-39: 81%
Ages 40-49: 87%
Ages 50-64: 95%
Ages 65-74: 95%+
Ages 75+: 95%+

*Source: https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...racker-states/

So either the CDC is lying about their statistics, or their data is simply wrong, or else the City-Data respondents to this poll are much more intelligent (or at least free-thinking) as a group that the overall U.S. population is.
I wasn't surprised. You may call it intelligence or free thinking, but whatever it is we have a lot of it on this site.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:54 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinvibe View Post
Many claimed they would harm young women's chance of ever getting pregnant and more outlandish claims backed by 0 science. I get science is not the answer to everything but it is of utmost importance with so many different beliefs out there. I did finally get COVID after getting third and last shot. It was mild, but still sucked!!
Interestingly, no vaccine has been tested re: fertility (and also cancer potential). I think we have a right to know if drugs we are taking on a regular basis can have an impact on those areas. We have dealt with infertility in the past and it really is heartbreaking. We are thankful for our happy ending in that regard but many are not so lucky and have no idea why. We can never directly attribute many of these issues to anything, so who is to say vaccines are not to blame? They will not study it.

Old 07-26-2022, 09:00 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
My elderly mom didn't tell me her outdoor aerobics class finally moved inside a terrible unventilated low ceiling room (like a subway) where all unmasked?! She immediately got covid there, I got it next day, special needs brother got it a week later. All had "mild" symptoms...no fevers/minimal sore throats...however we all developed a deep hacking cough for a few weeks which was scary...next few weeks were more normal cold symptoms that hang on a LONG time before very slowly getting better. Stoked and thankful we are all fully vaxxed as it could've been much worse. Needless to say...took elderly mom out of that class pronto...outdoor yoga for her will be the only way now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies