Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2022, 10:38 AM

17,306 posts, read 12,228,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Most decent men will choose to remain using the men’s room while the perverts will use the women’s room.
Go on. You’re agreeing with me?

With the division only perverts will enter the womens.

A unisex scenario mitigates that as decent men are part of the traffic.

Old 07-29-2022, 10:45 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Hmmm I’m currently in France and the only unisex bathrooms are single occupancy.
As I said I live there in the 60's so maybe that has changed. But I doubt it has changed in the smaller towns in the country side where I lived. Etain/Verdun area in the North east. Could be you are in the 'tourist areas'.

Old 07-29-2022, 10:48 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I worked for a auto parts retailer --- one men's room; one women's room and men would use the women's rather than their own in the store. That's why I posted, there's just the lack of respect and it's growing. I'm to the point that I don't think that people know the definition of the word.
Whoa Men! might work.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 07-29-2022 at 10:59 AM..

Old 07-29-2022, 10:49 AM

3,113 posts, read 937,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
As I said I live there in the 60's so maybe that has changed. But I doubt it has changed in the smaller towns in the country side where I lived. Etain/Verdun area in the North east. Could be you are in the 'tourist areas'.
I’m retired and have a place in the French Riviera (Cap d’Ail). So yea it’s touristy. But I’ve been to many smaller places since I moved here (semi-permanently). Only uni-sex bathrooms I remember seeing are single occupancy.

Verdun I have not been to, but been to nearby Metz. That’s the “Germanic” part of France. I’m in the “Italian” part!

Old 07-29-2022, 10:50 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,404,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Go on. You’re agreeing with me?

With the division only perverts will enter the womens.

A unisex scenario mitigates that as decent men are part of the traffic.
FYI unisex bath rooms the women use enclosed stalls. While men use an urinal with their back to the women who pass by. And if any cat calls it was from the women....in my experience.

Old 07-29-2022, 10:58 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,132,650 times
As a purely philosophical matter, I couldn't care less. As a practical matter, I am compelled to care a great deal because there are enough people out their who will engage in behavior(s) that they shouldn't. Because this is the case, it is necessarily untenable to place the fairer sex into positions — particularly in an intimate public environment — for which the likelihood of their victimization is clearly increased. That's not (or at least, shouldn't be) a political issue; it's called not being an A-hole.

Old 07-29-2022, 11:05 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
A feminist youtuber brought up this discussion about bathrooms and said that it shouldn't matter, "Man or woman, you just go to take a **** regardless, so it's no big deal". Should all bathrooms be unisex?
I'm more concerned about the lack of any public restrooms as opposed to whether they are shared. I often drive from PA to Long Island and the lack of public restrooms in New Jersey and New York City is a pain.

Old 07-29-2022, 11:06 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’ve cleaned both men’s and women’s bathrooms. They are both really gross.
Possibly, sometimes bathrooms can be tippy canoes. (For Drunks)

One time, on acid, I flowed eternally. But still, so far as I know, I always hit the target.

Old 07-29-2022, 11:13 AM

1,997 posts, read 861,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nope, nope, nope. If I ever see a human with man parts in a restroom I will call the cops.

Men are stronger than women. That's not sexist, that's FACT. And I will not be trapped in a bathroom with someone that can overpower me.

There are bathrooms for men. There is no reason they have to use the woman's room unless they are trying to prove a point or mean women harm.

The exception is single use bathrooms. But if there is one entrance and stalls. Nope.
How dare you use logic on city data forum !

Old 07-29-2022, 11:15 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Nope, nope, nope. If I ever see a human with man parts in a restroom I will call the cops.

Men are stronger than women. That's not sexist, that's FACT. And I will not be trapped in a bathroom with someone that can overpower me.

There are bathrooms for men. There is no reason they have to use the woman's room unless they are trying to prove a point or mean women harm.

The exception is single use bathrooms. But if there is one entrance and stalls. Nope.
When I'm in a restroom, I don't know what type of genitalia the person next to me has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies