Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 06:42 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You clearly never seen a modern American bathroom stall that has a nice wide gap right in the middle of where you sit to take a bowel movement. Or the perverts using their phones to take pictures of neighboring stalls. Or the leaving a stall while someone else enters and smells (or hears) the goodness you just left behind. I having to wipe urine off the seat just to sit down.

There is nothing dignified about gender neutral bathrooms.
Actually there is nothing dignified about any public restroom regardless of gender. You must hang out in some interesting places if people are snapping pictures of you while you poo.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:43 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What dignity am I losing by peeing next to a man? Truly, I am very curious.
So it's true, women don't poop! I tried telling my wife that and she looked at me like I was crazy.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:43 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerobime227 View Post
a feminist youtuber brought up this discussion about bathrooms and said that it shouldn't matter, "man or woman, you just go to take a **** regardless, so it's no big deal". Should all bathrooms be unisex?
no.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:46 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Why not? I'm a woman who truly does not understand the fuss. As long as there are stalls (rather than a wall of urinals) who cares?

I've always had co-ed bathrooms, whether it be at home, in college (our bathrooms - including showers - were coed almost 20 years ago!), a decade of living with roommates, and now in my home. My bathroom at my last job was also genderless. If I'm at a venue or in public where there's no line for the men's bathroom and a line for the women's (which is frequent), then I have also been known to go into the men's restroom though I avoid that because I don't want to horrify a snowflake by my urgent bladder needs.

The hangup about bathrooms is one of those things I truly do not understand. Who, besides absolute perverts, cares about the genetalia of the person in the stall next to you?
I have two kids who graduated college in the 2010s. Both went to very large state flagship schools. Neither had co-ed bathrooms/showers in the dorms.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:47 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
There was a TV show in the late 90's called "Ally McBeal". It was a fun show about stick thin attorneys working their cases and love lives, they also shared the unisex bathroom at the office. It was an odd thing for the time but having the male and female characters in the same bathroom often drove the plot and was the basis for comedy.

In real life I think the bathrooms should be separate. Women often need a break from men and the bathroom gives them a chance to touch up their makeup or have a girl chat with a friend or a complete stranger. Men do not talk much in the restroom and eye contact is a no no. We certainly do not talk to a stranger in there.

Sharing the bathroom would shake up this dynamic.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:51 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
I’m against this because I believe there are very real, very valid safety and privacy concerns but it’s already legal where I live and I just got an email from my kids’ school district letting parents know that students can use whichever bathroom, locker room or changing rooms that aligns with their gender identity.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:51 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Absolutely not.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:53 AM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Actually there is nothing dignified about any public restroom regardless of gender.
Wrong. Europe and Asia actually have private bathroom stalls, not the crappy American ones with huge gaps in 3 different places where anyone can see you do your business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
You must hang out in some interesting places if people are snapping pictures of you while you poo.
You clearly have never traveled around.
Quote:
In order to prevent secret filming and ensure privacy, carriers made it a requirement that all phones sold in Japan must be customized for the market so that all built-in cameras cannot be muted.
https://theuijunkie.com/japan-camera-sound/

Old 07-29-2022, 06:53 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
People are allowed to have differing opinions, but so frequently this conversation is tied to transpanic. Falling for that faux concern would require my mind being so open that it falls out.
Transpanic ? Lol. Okay.

I can picture it clearly...Karen and little Sally walking into a co ed bathroom and walking past the truck driver that decided to wash his sweaty balls at the sink. Lol.

No, I wasn't the truck driver, but I have seen people doing sink showers. Humans can be disgusting individuals, and I just would rather not be around them.

You keep running on that transpanic thing though...

Old 07-29-2022, 06:55 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,576,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Wrong. Europe and Asia actually have private bathroom stalls, not the crappy American ones with huge gaps in 3 different places.

You clearly have never traveled around.

https://theuijunkie.com/japan-camera-sound/
Well since I have been to both Europe and Asia multiple times and have actually seen bathrooms with no stalls at all, it sounds like YOU have no idea what you're talking about. There is no "standard" type of stall anywhere. Speaking of perverts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies