Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 11:42 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's nonsense.
Your whole idea of considering China a dictatorship is just silly and only shows you have no clue of China.

In China they do all those lockdowns BECAUSE they cherish life and avoid no effort to save people's lives.

Thinning the herd would be much more typical of the US, which has conducted biological experiments on its own and other populations for decades...
they cherish life?

oh good grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2022, 11:43 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
That's nonsense.
Your whole idea of considering China a dictatorship is just silly and only shows you have no clue of China.

In China they do all those lockdowns BECAUSE they cherish life and avoid no effort to save people's lives.

Thinning the herd would be much more typical of the US, which has conducted biological experiments on its own and other populations for decades...
IMO #9 is nonsense. But #10 about China anyway I tend to agree. China's central command certainly cares less about their overall economy than so many here in the USA.

Old 07-29-2022, 11:46 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
I now believe the swamp state did it to rid of trump, left chinese fingerprints on it. . To hell with collateral damage

Old 07-29-2022, 11:55 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
IMO #9 is nonsense. But #10 about China anyway I tend to agree. China's central command certainly cares less about their overall economy than so many here in the USA.
There is a book about the origin of that pandemic, Inside Corona, written by a truly independent journalist, Thomas Roeper, but I don't want spend money on a book now in view of the inflation and looming recession.
Anyway, the little summary I have read says that the pandemic was indeed prepared by very influential people, the hot phase of the preparation started in 2016.

Old 07-29-2022, 11:58 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Why do you think they care about protecting their own people?

I don't think they care much about the average citizen.
The Chinese under Mao, killed off up to 100 million of their own people, who knows wtf they would do

Old 07-29-2022, 11:59 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
There is a book about the origin of that pandemic, Inside Corona, written by a truly independent journalist, Thomas Roeper, but I don't want spend money on a book now in view of the inflation and looming recession.
Anyway, the little summary I have read says that the pandemic was indeed prepared by very influential people, the hot phase of the preparation started in 2016.
As a retired doc I have spent significant time with many experts in this area on and off since the Pandemic began. No real new stuff these days, only more opinions, and publicly we are no closer to any conclusion lab or natural origin. As it was 2 years ago, it all depends on what China wants the world to know.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:49 PM

2,007 posts, read 865,814 times
Quote:
I think it was planned by the US and released in Wuhan at the military games, which was a very good opportunity since everyone knew of the existence of the lab in the same city.

Interestingly, China was the first country that considered Covid an attack on China.

According to some it might even have been a joint project by international elites to cull the world population.
You tell them comrade!

Old 07-29-2022, 02:04 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,501,161 times
He's just expressing his opinion like everyone else, except that he has a platform to do so, so it garners attention. He doesn't know any more about the origin than the average person does who's not associated with virology.

Old 07-29-2022, 03:12 PM

2,007 posts, read 865,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
As a retired doc I have spent significant time with many experts in this area on and off since the Pandemic began. No real new stuff these days, only more opinions, and publicly we are no closer to any conclusion lab or natural origin. As it was 2 years ago, it all depends on what China wants the world to know.
Ok retired doc, but the Covid-19 pathogen has a genetic footprint that has never been observed in a natural coronavirus. I'm not a conspiracy theory nut, so statements such as this beg an explanation.

Old 07-29-2022, 03:33 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
I guess there was a new study that supported the wet market theory.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/7/...ersity-of-utah

Right wingers aren't going to buy this, but I think that study is why this is coming up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies