Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 10:44 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Okay, even if that is the bigger issue why do these young adults need counseling? It wasn't that long ago the professor would be labelled a jerk with backward outdated uncaring thinking, a homophobe that doesn't understand, and we would all move on. No one would need counseling and the University wouldn't fall all over themselves to supply it. If you do not like the professor then don't take his class and avoid him.
They didnt say anyone needed counseling, the actual statement from the university simply said that LGBTQ affirming services are available on campus. Also "counseling" is a broad term.

When I was in college, I had a counseling session scheduled every wednesday as part of student support services . Its literally them asking how are you doing in classes, are you on track to graduate, what are your plans after college, do you want/need a job, did you join any clubs.

After my first semester, I was on the deans list, and in like 8 clubs.

Colleges now call these "student success coaches". Yall are making this a bigger deal than it actually is.

Quote:
I don't know what these young people are going to do when they are out in the real world and get a job where the boss/business does not celebrate Gay Pride month, Juneteenth or any other Woke "Holiday".
LOL, you say this as if people graduate by generation and it takes a full 15 years to get new people in the work force or as if about a 3rd of college students dont already actively work.

Quote:
How will they ever survive in the real world? In the real world there is no safe spaces to process emotions, you can do that on your own time.
Therapist exist in the real world. LOL

Quote:
I don't think it was right what the professor said about gay guys but that is his Right to think like that.
He has a right to think that way, but not a right to teach at that university.

Never understood someone who wants to teach young minds, but doesnt understand those young minds might not look and think like he does.

people always talk about gay kids/teachers should have to follow the rules of religious schools, but shouldnt that same logic apply to following rules of secular schools ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2022, 10:59 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Well ^ is certainly offensive to reasonable people.

Never hurts to take an opportunity to remind people the only thing any of us really control is our own reaction.
Sure, if a pill were invented that transformed homosexuals into heterosexuals, it would just collect dust on the shelves at pharmacies.

Old 07-30-2022, 11:00 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,861,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
However, I don’t believe any amount of warning will stop homosexuals from being promiscuous. Men are traditionally the more sexually aggressive gender.
You are aware that women can also be homosexual?

Old 07-30-2022, 11:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sure, if a pill were invented that transformed homosexuals into heterosexuals, it would just collect dust on the shelves at pharmacies.
That has to do with homophobia and how gay people are treated.

you are conflating a simplistic true.

Old 07-31-2022, 01:02 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Counseling will be offered for practically anything these days, as if we needed more examples of how utterly soft and ridiculous our nation has become (unless it involves road rage, when everyone suddenly becomes Bruce Willis).

https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/29/u...ct_source=pitc
I’m fascinated by this concept of investigating his tweets. What exactly is the school investigating, some secret code embedded in the tweet? It’s right there in black & white.

What silly people.

Old 07-31-2022, 03:21 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
yeah, it's the "find a cure for homosexuality" that will be his undoing. Seems like he may have deleted his whole twitter account now
Why worry about finding a cure for homosexuality when those kind of sex acts reduce the chance of abortion as the outcome to zero? Christian conservatives who want abortion banned should be very happy about that.

Imagine the increase in wild promiscuous straight sex of former homosexuals along with the abortions if a cure and/or prevention of homosexuality was found.

Old 07-31-2022, 03:47 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
First of all, the reason the military is not recruiting is because the economy is at an all time high; when the economy is doing poorly, and good jobs are scarce, enlistment increases dramatically.

It is right wingers that insure that any education in the school system remains at a minimum regarding the gay community, if any discussion is allowed at all. When people remain ignorant into adulthood, they make uneducated statements like this promoted by hate. Most gay men are not promiscuous. Note, that women remain the gate keepers of the amount of sex straight men are allowed, which is usually limited, we also live in a society that does not encourage our (gay) relationships, and rigorously fought against same sex marriage which promotes monogamy. Fighting against SSM is about hate, it never should have been the blood bath that straight people made it. Also, another straight phenomenon, we don’t see on the gay male community, is the chilling amount of rape against women in the straight community. Also, notice how the media elusively ignores that this disease came from African travelers, in fear of promoting hate against Africans, but has no problem taking aim at the gay male community.
But single males in their teens and 20s, whether gay or straight, find it pretty easy to be promiscuous if they got the good looks and charm to do it with. Why let it go to waste? I'm sure many don't.

Yeah, right wingers do have too much of a problem with people having sex that doesn't meet their approval. It's like they have never heard of live and let live.

Old 07-31-2022, 06:06 AM

1,866 posts, read 933,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
1. It's not about gay sex leading to monkeypox, it's about the notion of homosexuality being a curable disease
It is.
Hundreds, if not thousands, of men have already been cured -- so conversion therapy is effective for some men.

“I was able to resolve my unwanted same-sex attractions and today, I am living my dream!”
https://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...212-story.html

The insidious thing about this is how the political left tries to prevent people from having the option to get therapy. It's the same thing with the gender dysphoria phenomenon. The leftwing now considers many mental illnesses to be "alternative lifestyles". Instead of encouraging people to get psychological help, they instead encourage them to live out their mental illness, even if it puts their health & well-being at risk.

Old 07-31-2022, 06:35 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Emergency-Psychiatrists should be dispatched for this incident, Newagers may
commit violence and self-harm when the truth is uttered in their presence.

Old 07-31-2022, 06:37 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
It is.
Hundreds, if not thousands, of men have already been cured -- so conversion therapy is effective for some men.

“I was able to resolve my unwanted same-sex attractions and today, I am living my dream!”
https://www.baltimoresun.com/enterta...212-story.html

The insidious thing about this is how the political left tries to prevent people from having the option to get therapy. It's the same thing with the gender dysphoria phenomenon. The leftwing now considers many mental illnesses to be "alternative lifestyles". Instead of encouraging people to get psychological help, they instead encourage them to live out their mental illness, even if it puts their health & well-being at risk.
This is not true. Conversion therapy does not work for anyone. If someone has been guilt ridden, full of self-hatred, taken in by by all the hate, they may struggle along at first trying to live a straight “lifestyle.” Sexual orientation is innate, it is an immutable part of who we are. If conversion therapy worked, it would have become popular, but it is banned because it has been proven not to work, and it can causes serious harm.

Gender dysphoria I agree with, that’s a different issue. Before the Obama administration required health insurance companies to cover synthetic hormones, surgeries cutting off healthy body parts, and facial feminization surgery, there was no such thing as gender dysphoria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies