Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2022, 10:04 PM

18,803 posts, read 8,461,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Yes, you get vaccinated and boosted to mitigate symptoms. But then take Paxlovid to mitigate it even more??
That is the plan that seems to be working today for older folks and those with higher medical risks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2022, 10:36 PM

3,113 posts, read 937,711 times
Paxlovid can be a good test if you have an intelligent and/or caring PCP. If they prescribe Paxlovid then you know you need to change Docs.

Old 07-30-2022, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
That is the plan that seems to be working today for older folks and those with higher medical risks.
How does it seem to be working? Both Biden/Fauci rebounded and had worse symptoms on the drug then they probably would have off the drug. The current variants don’t cause severe disease in anyone. If you end up in the ICU from these variants, 99% it’s because you developed an autoimmune condition.

Old 07-30-2022, 10:48 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
I thought Paxlovid was supposed to be the cadillac of covid drugs. That's what our governor took when he got sick. It's tiring to listen to these politicians touting vaccinations and then they all get sick even with being vaccinated themselves.

I'll pass, thanks.

Old 07-30-2022, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I thought Paxlovid was supposed to be the cadillac of covid drugs. That's what our governor took when he got sick. It's tiring to listen to these politicians touting vaccinations and then they all get sick even with being vaccinated themselves.

I'll pass, thanks.
Big Pharma always opens up with big promises that disappear in reality.

the only thing Paxlovid is good for is making you sicker and longer and for that “benefit” you make Pfizer richer!

Old 07-30-2022, 11:01 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Big Pharma always opens up with big promises that disappear in reality.

the only thing Paxlovid is good for is making you sicker and longer and for that “benefit” you make Pfizer richer!
I guess they need guinea pigs and we're it.

Old 07-30-2022, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I guess they need guinea pigs and we're it.
Even worse! We volunteer and pay to be guinea pigs! The true Guinea pigs are smarter as they had no choice!

Old 07-31-2022, 12:05 AM

7,633 posts, read 8,699,793 times
I have a question: What's with the treatment Trump received when he got COVID in October 2020? It seems to have worked on him. Here's what is known about Trump's COVID-19 treatment

Why is there no follow up in expanding such treatment to the general population, EUA or not?

what's the difference between:
  • Get Covid vaccine and boosters, then get COVID, then take Paxlovid and get a rebound
and
  • Not getting Covid vaccine, get COVID, then take Gilead's Remdesivir and Regeneron's antibody cocktail ?
Is Pfizer too more powerful than Gilead and Regneraon or what?

Old 07-31-2022, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
I have a question: What's with the treatment Trump received when he got COVID in October 2020? It seems to have worked on him. Here's what is known about Trump's COVID-19 treatment

Why is there no follow up in expanding such treatment to the general population, EUA or not?

what's the difference between:
  • Get Covid vaccine and boosters, then get COVID, then take Paxlovid and get a rebound
and
  • Not getting Covid vaccine, get COVID, then take Gilead's Remdesivir and Regeneron's antibody cocktail ?
Is Pfizer too more powerful than Gilead and Regneraon or what?
1. Just because Trump got better doesn’t mean the drugs worked. Vast majority people recover with no treatment
2. Trump got Regeneron, which seemed to work with earlier variants but no longer does with Omicron.
3. Remdesivir is a poison. All it does is poison you.
4. No one needs a drug for a cold. I don’t care if you’re 100 years old. Stop asking for drugs ! The Omicrons are not killing anyone

Old 07-31-2022, 12:20 AM

4,897 posts, read 2,051,253 times
Maybe… Just maybe, if he stops sniffing little girls, he might stay COVID free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies