Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2022, 12:33 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Deaths are up today, compared to this time last year. The vaccination rate is in the 90% range in many places. 94% of 65-74 age group are fully vaccinated.

Deaths are up but cases are probably 10 fold of what is reported. So pretty obvious the vaccine is preventing deaths. As well as the current variant being less deadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
If you want to get vaccinated and boosted, good on you.

If you don't, good on you.

I'm still pretty salty over all the people who were coerced and bullied into getting vaccinated to keep their damn jobs.

Also, no antivax spin. Just facts.

I am not telling people what to do either. But I am also not trying to imply the vaccine is worthless because I am still salty over vaccine mandates from a year or so ago.

Old 08-03-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Vast majority of ICU patients with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, ABC News survey finds
Here you go:
New York Post: July 2022 Unvaccinated Americans up to 9 times more likely to die from COVID-19: CDC

People ages 12 and older in the US who weren’t vaccinated had a nine-time greater “risk of dying” in May when compared to those who had at least one primary series of vaccines by Modern, Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:03 PM

3,478 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Here you go:
New York Post: July 2022 Unvaccinated Americans up to 9 times more likely to die from COVID-19: CDC

People ages 12 and older in the US who weren’t vaccinated had a nine-time greater “risk of dying” in May when compared to those who had at least one primary series of vaccines by Modern, Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data.

That may have been true for Alpha and Delta, but what about Omicron? Has there been a study conducted? Seems like majority of people catching Omicron now are vaccinated/boosted people.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:05 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That may be true for Alpha and Delta, but what about Omicron? Has there been a study conducted? Seems like majority of people catching Omicron now are vaccinated/boosted people.
It says right in the article:

Quote:
As the new COVID-19 BA. 5 variant is leading to a surge in cases across the country, the bulk of the suffering is falling on the unvaccinated, who are much more likely to get sick and die, data shows.

Omicron kicked off in late-December in most areas, earlier than that in some. So the data is measuring Omicron and the subsequent variants.

Old 08-03-2022, 02:47 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
Here you go:

I don't believe this at all. sorry

Old 08-03-2022, 03:04 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
I am not telling people what to do either. But I am also not trying to imply the vaccine is worthless because I am still salty over vaccine mandates from a year or so ago.
The vaccine IS worthless when it comes to the reason it was mandated - which was to stop transmission.

I know many people who lost their jobs over it - my spouse was almost one of them. So yeah, I'm still salty.

Old 08-03-2022, 03:22 PM

3,478 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Yeah, my mom is unvaccinated, so let me ask her... Oh wait, she never caught Covid. Never mind.

Old 08-03-2022, 03:46 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,271 times
Oh crap I thought OP meant he tested positive for A brain .

Old 08-03-2022, 09:00 PM

3,113 posts, read 937,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
The source is the CDC which is no longer a trustworthy source. But it's ok, let the vaccinated think they're right here. It just makes us look cooler by default
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies