Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2022, 06:14 AM

8,412 posts, read 4,571,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
CDC runs VAERS...which you antivaxxers reference on here with regularity.

Too bad the CDC doesn't reference it a little more. Like even LOOK at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 07:24 AM

3,480 posts, read 1,403,459 times
I, personally, know a couple of people who got vaccinated and still got hospitalized from Covid. So count me in as one of those people who doesn't believe the vaccines prevent serious illness.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:09 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I, personally, know a couple of people who got vaccinated and still got hospitalized from Covid. So count me in as one of those people who doesn't believe the vaccines prevent serious illness.
So in order for you to take the vaccine, it's got to be 100% prevention for you or nothing else will do?

I'm not criticizing if that's your choice, just trying to clarify. If you look at the numbers in the earlier study cited, 29% of those unvaccinated died over the fully vaccinated and fully boosted, 4% died who had the first vaccine series and one booster over those with 2 boosters. What is missing (and maybe it's there) is the percentage of those who have died with the initial series and two boosters. I'll bet that number is not ZERO but it's going to be lower than those in the categories less vaccinated.

Personally, I don't need a 100% guarantee I won't get seriously ill, but if the data shows that my chances of living are improved, that's important to me when making the decision. That all weighs against your own risks.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:27 AM

3,113 posts, read 937,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Actually, they aren't the "source" as in doing their own studies. Their data comes from what each individual state is reporting. This data is publicly accessible and easily, easily refutable by anyone who wants to get out there and point out that states might be lying.

In that overall reporting it shows the bes to the worst with regard to deaths and vaccine status. In this link, which again, everything comes from the data from the states:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...vaccine-status

If you were unvaccinated, you had a 29X times higher risk of dying from COVID than people who had the first series of vaccines AND two boosters.

If you had the first series of vaccines and only 1 booster you were 4X likely to die from COVID than those who had 2 boosters.
The profound methodological flaws are all CDC imposed. For example there is no good way to estimate who is vaccinated in the overall population. I even got 2 calls from the CDC asking if I was vaccinated because they don’t know

The data from the states is raw and unadjusted. CDC is adjusting them to calculate rates.

Again, I don’t believe them but if you want to believe I’m superhuman as I’m unvaccinated and never had even 1 symptom from COVID then that’s cool! Did you get vaccinated, catch COVID and have symptoms eh?

Old 08-04-2022, 08:53 AM

3,480 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
So in order for you to take the vaccine, it's got to be 100% prevention for you or nothing else will do?

I'm not criticizing if that's your choice, just trying to clarify. If you look at the numbers in the earlier study cited, 29% of those unvaccinated died over the fully vaccinated and fully boosted, 4% died who had the first vaccine series and one booster over those with 2 boosters. What is missing (and maybe it's there) is the percentage of those who have died with the initial series and two boosters. I'll bet that number is not ZERO but it's going to be lower than those in the categories less vaccinated.

Personally, I don't need a 100% guarantee I won't get seriously ill, but if the data shows that my chances of living are improved, that's important to me when making the decision. That all weighs against your own risks.
I took the vaccines. It's the 2+ boosters that I didn't take. When I'm being told two shots aren't enough and I have to endlessly get injection after injection every few months, I begin to have some suspicion. Never in my life did I need so many boosters in such a short period of time, especially when it's the same vaccine that is not even upgraded. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I think my immune system is fully capable of working on its own and strengthening itself naturally. It doesn't need so many injections to do its job.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:01 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Who's this WE? Didn't you retire before the pandemic started?
I am still part of our medical community.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:07 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
I took the vaccines. It's the 2+ boosters that I didn't take. When I'm being told two shots aren't enough and I have to endlessly get injection after injection every few months, I begin to have some suspicion. Never in my life did I need so many boosters in such a short period of time, especially when it's the same vaccine that is not even upgraded. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I think my immune system is fully capable of working on its own and strengthening itself naturally. It doesn't need so many injections to do its job.
If you are not very aged or high risk you should be good as current variants are more benign. Some vaccine regimens do require multiple injections spaced out in time, so this is not a new thing with Covid. With Covid though we have to deal with its tendency to mutate, and that is why those aged and with high risks do better with more boosting.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
I know only one person who died with covid. Fully vaxxed.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:26 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:

This vaccine isn’t even remotely close to 100% effective at doing anything positive.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:09 AM

17,358 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:

No. But my risk of dying of covid has to be much higher - the survival rate is around 99.7%. And probably much higher now because the virus has pretty much turned into the common cold.

Actually, scratch that. My risk of dying of covid was 0%. I had it, probably had Delta, and I'm still here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies