Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 07:58 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,643,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hopefully it will be different this time since we have went through it already.
I doubt that it will be different. Undoubtedly, there will be those who put up some resistance, but the majority will be kissing the feet of their god, valuing a little temporary safety more than their liberty.
(those last words were chosen carefully, for a reason.)

Look at how many in this thread and another, that shall not be spoken of, show that they still haven't learned not to trust the CDC and other Deep State agencies.

Old 08-03-2022, 08:00 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,164,944 times
The madness continues... this is from the White House.

President Biden Announces Team to Lead Monkeypox Response

Today, President Biden named FEMA’s Robert Fenton as the White House National Monkeypox Response Coordinator and Dr. Demetre Daskalakis as the White House National Monkeypox Response Deputy Coordinator. Fenton and Daskalakis will lead the Administration’s strategy and operations to combat the current monkeypox outbreak, including equitably increasing the availability of tests, vaccinations and treatments.

Fenton and Daskalakis will coordinate and manage response efforts across the White House and all Federal departments and agencies. They will work with local, state, national, and international stakeholders on tracking and fighting the spread of monkeypox, with state and local partners to ensure they have adequate supplies to test, treat and vaccinate at-risk individuals, with clinicians and providers on available testing, treatment and vaccination options, and with stakeholder communities on building public understanding of the virus and how to address it most effectively.

Stakeholders... ?? Are we running a business here?

Check out the numbers here.

Since the first case of monkeypox was confirmed in the United States on May 18, the Biden-Harris Administration has had a comprehensive and aggressive strategy to combat the virus and protect individuals most at risk. The Administration has made over 1.1 million doses of vaccine available to states and cities across the country to control the spread of the virus, has expanded testing capacity from 6,000 tests per week to over 80,000 tests per week, and has communicated regularly with providers and local health departments encouraging them to utilize tests more often.

August 2nd per the CDC...

Total confirmed monkeypox/orthopoxvirus cases: 6,326

Why are taxpayers purchasing 1.1 million doses of vaccine for this when the main people at risk are gay men and the caseload is this low and ZERO deaths? 80,000 tests per week?

People are making a ton of money from tax revenues.

Old 08-03-2022, 08:06 AM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
I asked it before I will ask it again. Doesn't anyone else wonder why since 2020, are we all of a sudden having all these diseases thrown at us? Then its food shortages and sky high prices on everything. Then its housing cost so out of control people are living in their vehicles. Gas starts shooting up to never before prices. People not wanting to take jobs so there are staffing shortages everywhere and then some. The climate heating up to these outrageous temps and fires, floods, droughts all in the same country. Europe heating up to temps never before reached in their history. Not to mention a War in Europe that we are going broke paying for. Threats of War in Taiwan with China. Doesn't anyone wonder is this all intentional or is this all some sort of coincidence.

This monkeypox that comes from Monkeys and rodents. Really that one just tops it off as to how seriously effed-up things are but really is any of this intentional. Monkeypox miraculously shows up as we somewhat take control of the previous disease Covid. Things are not adding up. Seems like we are intentionally being kept in states of panic. I simply cannot be the only one questioning all this doomsday world, that we are being forced to deal with.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:50 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,466,915 times
Monkey Pox is more like an AIDS problem from a large scale public health standpoint than Covid. By and large it is not an airborne infective agent. And not as deadly.

The focus of infection generally resides within a similar group.

IMO it is highly unlikely to require anything like generalized masking, distancing, and another pandemic pivot of hospitals, ER's and general HC systems.

Old 08-03-2022, 10:12 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Monkey Pox is more like an AIDS problem from a large scale public health standpoint than Covid. By and large it is not an airborne infective agent. And not as deadly.

The focus of infection generally resides within a similar group.

IMO it is highly unlikely to require anything like generalized masking, distancing, and another pandemic pivot of hospitals, ER's and general HC systems.
I’m not a big believer in the HIV-AIDS paradigm but let’s not compare a virus that causes you to be itchy to another that supposedly wipes away your immune system!

To be a pandemic, it not only needs to be novel and transmissible but also serious.

As it stands, if I were gay man (I’m not!) I wouldn’t change any behavior. Monkeypox just isn’t a severe illness.

Old 08-03-2022, 10:15 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,466,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I’m not a big believer in the HIV-AIDS paradigm but let’s not compare a virus that causes you to be itchy to another that supposedly wipes away your immune system!

To be a pandemic, it not only needs to be novel and transmissible but also serious.

As it stands, if I were gay man (I’m not!) I wouldn’t change any behavior. Monkeypox just isn’t a severe illness.
You'd get vaccinated.

Old 08-03-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You'd get vaccinated.
Yes! Naturally though! With the monkeypox! Not the cowpox or horsepox or whatever virus they’re using for the vaccines.

It would be funny to tell people: sorry can’t come, I’m recovering from a bout of the monkeypox!

Old 08-03-2022, 10:18 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post

Monkeypox is more painful than itchy and can have severe complications short of death. Just let those gay guys suffer, because you are not one of them!

Quote:
It’s ok if it becomes endemic! It will be a natural vaccine for smallpox
Smallpox has been eradicated.

Old 08-03-2022, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Monkeypox is more painful than itchy and can have severe complications short of death. Just let those gay guys suffer, because you are not one of them!

Nah! I think they suffer more after a hangover than the monkeypox !

Until this outbreak I never associated monkeypox as a gay disease. It’s certainly weird that 90, maybe 95% of cases have remained in the gay community. Founder effect? Still very weird more research needs to be done there.

Old 08-03-2022, 03:48 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,643,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Fenton and Daskalakis will lead the Administration’s strategy and operations to combat the current monkeypox outbreak, including equitably increasing the availability
I have a different question: in the context above, what does the word "equitably" mean?

Quote:
You have tunnel vision on gay men and keep ignoring the fact that monkeypox is not solely an STD. Nonsexual contacts of those men are at risk, too, including healthcare workers and other people residing in their homes. That means children, also.
I agree with you here. I expect it to become a real issue in the mainstream community in two to four months.

Quote:
The R zero for this outbreak is still uncertain. If it is greater than one, the outbreak will continue to grow. That 6000 will become 12000, then 24000, then 48000 ...

The Rzero for this virus will be different in different communities, due to behavior. In the semen exchange community the Rzero will be rather high, but I suspect it will be higher than one in elementary schools, as well. In the semen exchange communities, it seems to double the case numbers every two weeks. (Now you need to know the incubation period to calculate Rzero.)

Quote:
No. It hasn't. It is just out of sight, out of mind.
Waiting in bio labs around the world, for a chance to get loose, or be used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies