Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 05:17 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,358,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You are one poster I really like on city data, so whatever you need or want, I hope you get it.

I will move out of california for sure. Perhaps i will move to new york. Lol.
From one crap state to another one?

Old 08-01-2022, 06:51 PM

216 posts, read 67,141 times
Promoting diversity is just a way for liberals to hide discrimination against white people. Why aren't they complaining about the lack of diversity at BET, the Miss Black America Pageant, the Black News Channel, or any of the other numerous organizations and institutions that exclude anyone who isn't black?

Old 08-01-2022, 07:46 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,949,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
As a gay man, I will answer this way...If I was looking to move again somewhere, I would ask the same thing, what area is "gay friendly", meaning, a place that I can actually meet someone to date...or in my case, since I am already w/ someone, openly go out together w/ my bf/husband and not be looked down upon, talked about, or outright be treated rudely...I've seen that done plenty of times.

The guy I'm currently dating is Asian (Korean American)...the reason he would ask about an Asian community if we were to move somewhere is because he'd want to know where he might find an actual Asian Supermarket that carries some of the ethnic cuisine that a typical standard supermarket doesn't carry...he could care less about hanging out w/ other "Asians" as he is very comfortable hanging w/ anyone...but he does have certain things he likes that are hard to find outside of Asian markets.
If that's the case, why not just look up Asian Markets on Google maps. Why be asking for a diverse neighborhood? Those are 2 different things.

Old 08-01-2022, 07:50 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,949,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Again, much ado about nuthin'.

Most of the so-called "people of colour" actually despise being coloured & literally worship nordicism even more than the neo-nazis do (a lot of the things that come out their mouths would make Adolph jaws drop).
I am very glad I don't live next to you. Terrible attitude.

Old 08-01-2022, 10:41 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,960,093 times
Diversity isn’t a strength. Unity is a strength.

Old 08-01-2022, 11:26 PM

24,599 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
These two concepts seem to be at odds. First, striving for a goal of a nation in which all communities have good representation of all identifiable minorities, such as Muslim, LGBTQ, mixed-race couples, etc.. But then, members of those same minorities are asking in a relocation forum, where can they settle in communities friendly to their particular persuasion.

How can it be both? (Please don't answer if all you want to do is cut-paste your usual mindless political-labeled bashing. There is no agenda here -- just wondering if anybody has any thoughtful ideas of how these two trends might play out.)
As a black man, veteran, and ex-pat, I'm going to move to the best neighborhood for my family (if I was married), kids (if I had any), schools, healthcare, career, and investment.

If that's a majority white and Asian neighborhood, so be it. If I'm the only black man, so be it.

Everyone likes the sound of diversity, until they realize how many groups refuse to assimilate. I'll take my chances with "racist white people" over Southside Chicago any day of the week, just like Lebron James, BLM, Colin Kaepernick, etc. who all live next to rich white people.

Old 08-02-2022, 01:09 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 18 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,531,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosopher View Post
Promoting diversity is just a way for liberals to hide discrimination against white people. Why aren't they complaining about the lack of diversity at BET, the Miss Black America Pageant, the Black News Channel, or any of the other numerous organizations and institutions that exclude anyone who isn't black?
You think there arent white people at BET or the Black News Channel ?????

both have plenty of white people, and basically mean black as in culture, not color.

the black beaty pageant is different, thats just the equivalent of an HBCU, it exists because black people werent allowed to be in white pageants .

Old 08-02-2022, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
As a black man, veteran, and ex-pat, I'm going to move to the best neighborhood for my family (if I was married), kids (if I had any), schools, healthcare, career, and investment.

If that's a majority white and Asian neighborhood, so be it. If I'm the only black man, so be it.

Everyone likes the sound of diversity, until they realize how many groups refuse to assimilate. I'll take my chances with "racist white people" over Southside Chicago any day of the week, just like Lebron James, BLM, Colin Kaepernick, etc. who all live next to rich white people.
The real question is why do you believe the bold doesnt apply to racist white people ???

Old 08-02-2022, 01:48 AM

24,599 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The real question is why do you believe the bold doesnt apply to racist white people ???
Because statistically racist white people aren't shooting at me every weekend, looting local stores after every viral police video, throwing trash wherever they want, blasting loud music from their cars daily, blaming their obesity on food deserts, blaming their job prospects on racist highways, claiming voter ID laws are racist, decreasing property values with crime and vandalism, etc.

This is why Lebron James, BLM executives, Colin Kaepernik, and Naomi Osaka all live next to those racist white people, when they could live anywhere in the world.

Old 08-02-2022, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Because statistically racist white people aren't shooting at me every weekend, looting local stores after every viral police video, throwing trash wherever they want, blasting loud music from their cars daily, blaming their obesity on food deserts, blaming their job prospects on racist highways, claiming voter ID laws are racist, decreasing property values with crime and vandalism, etc
there are no statistical studies on the habits of racist white people when interacting with black people.

But the last time it was ok to be an open racist, a lot of black people died and or had their livelihoods destroyed by mobs of those people.

kind of weird to pretend you dont know anything about the history of this country.

Quote:
This is why Lebron James, BLM executives, Colin Kaepernik, and Naomi Osaka all live next to those racist white people, when they could live anywhere in the world.
why do you assume any of them live next to racist white people ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies