Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 05:35 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,667,899 times

Advertisements

Well looks like this poll was completely wrong. Kansas voter turnout was massive yesterday and voters resoundingly rejected the anti abortion proposition.

Old 08-03-2022, 05:40 AM

3,991 posts, read 6,570,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Well looks like this poll was completely wrong. Kansas voter turnout was massive yesterday and voters resoundingly rejected the anti abortion proposition.
Thankfully what I have learned over the past few years on this forum is that the folks on here are not representative of the population at large - particularly the polls. Thank goodness.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:19 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,667,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Thankfully what I have learned over the past few years on this forum is that the folks on here are not representative of the population at large - particularly the polls. Thank goodness.
That's for sure.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:32 AM

1,600 posts, read 863,385 times
Quote:

That was with a very specific abortion referendum on the ballot. I've read that the over vote on that issue was something like 20%, so many people went to the polls solely to vote on abortion and no other issues/candidates. That will not be the case nation wide come November. You're betting that people will vote Democrat that otherwise would not based on the abortion issue. You're betting that they will ignore all the awful things that Democrats have given us over the last 2 years and their own pocketbook to vote Democrat, because of abortion.

That's not a bet I would take. We shall see, we shall see.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:38 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,322,504 times
I applaud Kansas VOTERS! Religious beliefs didn't trump what's RIGHT!

Old 08-03-2022, 06:43 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,237,495 times
Quote:
Perhaps because the average c/d user is a lot better informed than the general population.

@Tillman. Nice to see that you think killing the unborn is the right thing to do.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:44 AM

29,406 posts, read 14,607,161 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I applaud Kansas VOTERS! Religious beliefs didn't trump what's RIGHT!
Kind of proves that the extreme right is not as big as many make them out to be. I know many center/right Conservatives that all agree that abortion is a necessary evil in todays society. What seems to be the concern, is the timeframe in which they can be done. And opinions vary on that.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:49 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,578,437 times
Quote:
The people in charge are not representative of the population at large. Most people are center right or center left. The party base of Dems is far to the left and the party base of the GOP is far to the right.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:52 AM

39,070 posts, read 51,180,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
That was with a very specific abortion referendum on the ballot. I've read that the over vote on that issue was something like 20%, so many people went to the polls solely to vote on abortion and no other issues/candidates. That will not be the case nation wide come November. You're betting that people will vote Democrat that otherwise would not based on the abortion issue. You're betting that they will ignore all the awful things that Democrats have given us over the last 2 years and their own pocketbook to vote Democrat, because of abortion.

That's not a bet I would take. We shall see, we shall see.
You are right. Abortion won't matter where it doesn't matter. But states where voting for a Republican governor mean that abortion will be banned are going to see a surge of single issue voters favoring the Democrat. Pennsylvania and Wisconsin come to mind. There may be enough turnout to change the Senate outcomes in those areas as well. Democrats should be able to milk the division for some time as states gradually fall into the pro-choice camp much as Republicans have been doing for years with putting culture issues on the ballot to drive interest in their voters.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:55 AM

5,293 posts, read 5,232,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Perhaps because the average c/d user is a lot better informed than the general population.

@Tillman. Nice to see that you think killing the unborn is the right thing to do.
No, the right thing is to let a woman decide what to do w/ her own body...a clump of cells that cannot survive outside the womb is not a person.

Kansas is proof that this imaginary red wave is not happening this year...Dems are going to get out and vote as they now know they have to protect a Woman's right to choose. This should be a wake up call to the loony kooks on the right that want to ban abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.