Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 02:32 PM

37,068 posts, read 19,043,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
From the link:

I love how our garbage media calls the citizen, "a Trump fan" on the top to make everything clear what is this about but they don't mention details why they label him as a "fan". You know their angle.

So you can't transport your legal firearm for protection to legally protest under the 1st amendment if the protest turns into a civil disorder by others. He didn't enter the building or use physical violence on any cop but he got 7 years.

Let me get this straight: If take my legal gun for protection to the BLM protests (I hang out with the Obama girls and Secret Service) I don't trespass or do any violence to the cops or people or any property but if the protests turns violent by others, I will get 7 years.

Interesting.
In a word, "yes."

https://www.uscp.gov/visiting-capito...ment-personnel

Raffit drew the longest sentence "so far."

So. Far.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:33 PM

28,355 posts, read 16,320,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I've read yours and a couple of sublinks. While he definitely seems to have had a gun ... did he ever go inside the Capitol? Engage physically with LEO's?
Doesn't sound like he got inside the Capitol, no.

But the article said he was "incapacitated after charging the police line" or something similar, so it sounds like he physically engaged LEOs, yes.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:34 PM

13,377 posts, read 4,227,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In a word, "yes."

https://www.uscp.gov/visiting-capito...ment-personnel

Raffit drew the longest sentence "so far."

So. Far.

So his crime was carrying a legal gun. He didn't enter the building or got violent with anybody. 7 years. Got it! Democrat justice.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Doesn't sound like he got inside the Capitol, no.

But the article said he was "incapacitated after charging the police line" or something similar, so it sounds like he physically engaged LEOs, yes.

Basically a cop taser him or hit him but he never attack physically the cops or anybody or enter the building. 7 years. Democrat justice.

8,609 posts, read 2,295,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I've read yours and a couple of sublinks. While he definitely seems to have had a gun ... did he ever go inside the Capitol? Engage physically with LEO's?
Quote:
From the link:

I love how our garbage media calls the citizen, "a Trump fan" on the top to make everything clear what is this about but they don't mention details why they label him as a "fan". You know their angle.

So you can't transport your legal firearm for protection to legally protest under the 1st amendment if the protest turns into a civil disorder by others. He didn't enter the building or use physical violence on any cop but he got 7 years.

Let me get this straight: If take my legal gun for protection to the BLM protests (I hang out with the Obama girls and Secret Service) I don't trespass or do any violence to the cops or people or any property but if the protests turns violent by others, I will get 7 years.

Interesting.
"Reffitt was convicted on five counts in March, including transport of a firearm in support of civil disorder and obstruction of an official proceeding, although he did not make it inside the Capitol or use physical violence because he was eventually incapacitated after charging the police line."

I missed this...but "charging the police line" sounds like he engaged. I wonder how we got incapacitated? Got winded from the activity?

28,355 posts, read 16,320,229 times
Quote:
Taking it from your link. He never enter the building or use violence on anyone. So now people outside the building legally carrying is the crime? I heard Blacks and Democrats say over and over that don't trust the police and that they are abusers, so people legally carrying guns for protection is a crime?
The internet has all your answers, Star.

Here you go:

...Open carry is illegal in D.C....In terms of reciprocity, Washington D.C. does not honor CCW licenses from any other state....
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...gal%20in%20D.C.

So, as you can see, he wasn't "legally carrying" a gun.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:38 PM

23,196 posts, read 12,310,921 times
From the link in the OP:
"Reffitt's own son actually tipped off the FBI a couple of weeks before Jan. 6"

The FBI was aware of his plans weeks before Jan 6, but did absolutely nothing? I wonder why the FBI sat back and allowed this to happen. Seems to a lot of that had happened at the Capitol that day, the authorities sitting back and allowing people to do what they wanted to do, and in some cases apparently encouraging it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Did you also celebrate when they shot all those kids at Kent State?
They most likely do.

Old 08-01-2022, 02:38 PM

The guy gets taser or hit by the police. He doesn't enter the building or doesn't gets violent with anyone and stays outside and he gets 7 years. LOL

Old 08-01-2022, 02:39 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,295,733 times
Quote:
Basically a cop taser him or hit him but he never attack physically the cops or anybody or enter the building. 7 years. Democrat justice.
so he charged (ran) at the cops, but since they tased him or knocked him out with a punch before he could touch them, he didn't attack.

Hmmm....

Old 08-01-2022, 02:40 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,181,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The internet has all your answers, Star.

Here you go:

...Open carry is illegal in D.C....In terms of reciprocity, Washington D.C. does not honor CCW licenses from any other state....
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...gal%20in%20D.C.

So, as you can see, he wasn't "legally carrying" a gun.
ignorance of the law is a problem for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.