Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 04:03 PM

14,206 posts, read 11,479,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Without going wildly off topic, it isn’t surprising that a therapy like that would offer a benefit to those who have submitted themselves to the system wide destruction chemotherapy causes. That’s even crazier than eating poop.
I'm glad you went off topic, because this tells me everything I need to know about you.

I suppose you also think there really is a cure for cancer but doctors are suppressing it because they would rather make a lot of money than see their friends and relatives cured?

Old 08-02-2022, 04:10 PM

25,406 posts, read 9,691,978 times
Quote:
You realize that the study I referred to was taking capsules of human poop by mouth for weight loss? I suppose putting the poop into gelatin capsules makes all the difference in the world?

One thing is clear … and I already kinda knew this was true … but it’s still amazing how nothing escapes rationalization anymore these days. I don’t care how outlandish, or previously unacceptable, there is an army of you people with a suitcase full of excuses and rationalizations for any and every crazy idea going. That’s what I realize.
Yes, it does come in capsules as well. All I know is I've read stories of people who had FMT and it helped them get their lives back. You should research it.

It's not a crazy idea. Doctors perform FMT. But many times people would rather do it themselves, so they go to reputable companies that screen people.

Pub Med has published an abstract on it.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33471490/

Old 08-02-2022, 04:12 PM

3,113 posts, read 929,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'm glad you went off topic, because this tells me everything I need to know about you.

I suppose you also think there really is a cure for cancer but doctors are suppressing it because they would rather make a lot of money than see their friends and relatives cured?
Chemotherapy are drugs and those drugs are pushed by the pharmaceutical companies to make money.

Tbh, we have a poor understanding of cancer and how to treat it. A meta-analysis of all cancer treatments over the last 50 years showed on average a 1 month survival benefit for lots more $$$.

The biggest reason we live longer with cancer is that it’s diagnosed earlier. The second is more sophisticated surgical techniques.

Chemotherapy is poison. It supposedly works on the premise it poisons your cancer before it poisons you.

No thanks! If diagnosed with cancer I’d skip all chemotherapy and go on a sugar free (Keto) diet. Cancer cells don’t utilize ketones well. May not work but then chemotherapy rarely does!

Old 08-02-2022, 04:28 PM

14,880 posts, read 8,491,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
I don’t know about it for weight loss therapy, but fecal transplants as they are often referred to, are a viable treatment for people with serious intestinal disorders like IBS and other inflammatory bowel diseases, and especially C. Diff.

Apparently, you don’t know much about medicine and have really betrayed your ignorance with this post. Why don’t you learn something fecal transplants before you jump to the conclusion that people are eating poop with a spoon? Take a moment to learn about this treatment, which has been proven effective for years. Again, I don’t know about if it works for weight loss. Seems like they’re looking for a quick fix for a complicated problem there.

Here’s a page on it from John Hopkins. They know a thing or two about medicine.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...cal-transplant
Maybe you should learn to read, because there was nothing here related to fecal transplant.

This article was about FREEZE DRIED POOP TAKEN BY MOUTH.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:35 PM

14,206 posts, read 11,479,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Chemotherapy is poison. It supposedly works on the premise it poisons your cancer before it poisons you.

No thanks! If diagnosed with cancer I’d skip all chemotherapy and go on a sugar free (Keto) diet. Cancer cells don’t utilize ketones well. May not work but then chemotherapy rarely does!
It doesn't work. I'd introduce you to three friends who tried it, but they all died.

I can also introduce you to a couple dozen people who had chemotherapy for cancer and survived. I'll start with myself. Hi!

Old 08-02-2022, 04:38 PM

3,113 posts, read 929,497 times
Quote:
It doesn't work. I'd introduce you to three friends who tried it, but they all died.

I can also introduce you to a couple dozen people who had chemotherapy for cancer and survived. I'll start with myself. Hi!
Since we’re doing anecdotal experiences. A good friend of mine, whose also a drug regulator, went on the Keto diet and said no to chemotherapy. She survived. She was the one who introduced me to it!

OTOH, I knew plenty of people on chemotherapy. Most are dead today.

Old 08-02-2022, 04:45 PM

1,884 posts, read 988,609 times
Quote:
Maybe you should learn to read, because there was nothing here related to fecal transplant.

This article was about FREEZE DRIED POOP TAKEN BY MOUTH.
That is a form of FMT... the less you are educated about a subject, the wider your mouth continues to gape.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:

And this response tells me everything I need to know about you, too

Conventional Cancer treatment is the INSANE practice of using extremely toxic chemicals to kill everything inside the body, hopefully without killing the patient in the process. The chemicals are so toxic, they must be delivered through a specially installed port, to avoid killing the patient during administration. As mentioned in another post, it destroys the microbiome of the patient, but doesn’t stop there … as it also destroys the immune system completely, which is why patients undergoing such treatments are so vulnerable to infections of every variety. This is followed by radiation treatments.

Here’s the biggest problem with all of this …. we know that everyone has cancer cells in their bodies, but a healthy immune system that is functioning properly will kill those cells, preventing cancer from actually developing. This occurs silently inside our bodies 24/7. So the very existence of cancer is indicative of a malfunction in the immune response. That’s an absolute fact, not a belief or speculation.

Furthermore, we also know for a fact that radiation causes cancer, such as ultraviolet radiation causing skin cancer. In fact, cancer researchers create cancer cells in the laboratory by using a combination of chemicals and radiation. Keeping those facts in mind, how can you possibly expect to “cure” cancer by first destroying the immune system, and follow with treatments of cancer causing radiation afterward? The answer is quite simple, and doesn’t require a great deal of specialized knowledge … just common sense.

I can’t say chemotherapy is the most insane practice ever conceived by modern medicine, but only because there is so much competition. However, it certainly ranks high on the list, and with it, it’s close companion, radiation treatment.

As for your last statement, I cannot say what individual doctors believe or are motivated by, but I do know what drives the pharmaceutical industry. Profits. And I’m sure it’s way more now, but as of 2019, cancer drugs generated over 108 Billion dollars, annually. And if you think the industry wouldn’t lie, cheat, steal and yes, kill, to maintain that stream of revenue, you haven’t a brain cell functioning in that noggin of yours.

If you discovered a cure for cancer … if you created a single pill that would wipe cancer out in an instant … you’d be faced with one of two choices … take the bribe and keep that pie hole shut, and never even whisper a word about your cure for the rest of your life, or prepare to meet your Heavenly Father in person, because your life wouldn’t be worth a plug nickel.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
That is a form of FMT... the less you are educated about a subject, the wider your mouth continues to gape.
You need to just stop, OK? It’s one thing to be an arrogant ass, but you need to at least be correct when being one …. otherwise, you just wind up being an arrogant dumb ass.

FMT stands for Fecal Microbiota Transplant. It’s a specific modality that transplants the fecal microorganisms through the pathway of your rectum, as the name implies.

Taking a substance orally isn’t a transplant, and I don’t care if it’s freeze dried poop in a capsule, or comes in the form of a chunky cookie named Famous Anus.

Old 08-02-2022, 06:13 PM

19,521 posts, read 17,762,064 times
Quote:
If you think the new rage in eating insects is a bit crazy and unappetizing, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Is this science? Or is it insanity?

Want to lose some weight? Should you eat some poop..actually someone else's poop? That's what researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) will be testing in a clinical trial this year when they take fecal samples from lean people and give them in 1-2 gram capsules to obese individuals.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=1a141c257766

Yum, yum. I wonder how long the line is for volunteers for this clinical trial?

For those who don’t believe the world has gone stark raving mad, just read one news article per day. If it takes you more than a week to reach that conclusion, seek professional help, if you can find a mental health professional that isn’t crazy too.
Problem is the fecal transplant thing works wonders for some people. And to be clear the capsules do not contain poo per se.

This isn't new either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies