Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 09:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It’s tragic that so many people are so eager to kill unborn children. However the decision belongs to the people of the states, not 9 unelected justices.

It’s a setback for those of us who aren’t interested in killing babies, but the fight is far from over.
I don't see how the abortion issue is directly any of your prohibitive business, unless it's your baby you want to keep but the woman wants to abort it.

Two Oklahoma Republicans in the runoff for U. S. Senator want abortion banned at the national level, such as with a constitutional amendment, if that makes you feel better. But with Red State Kansas voters wanting to keep abortion rights in their state constitution to the tune of around 60%, I don't think it will ever fly.

Old 08-02-2022, 09:58 PM

23,488 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vebretti View Post
Manufacturing the issue that already wasn’t there because your trying to insert your religious fundamentalism on other people is the problem.

Fundies gotta go back to the drawing boards with this one. Gerrymandering didn’t work this time.
One doesn't have to be religious to feel it's repugnant when someone kills their own child for convenience.

Old 08-02-2022, 09:58 PM

34,010 posts, read 17,041,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
good for them..they are doing it the correct way... at the state level, by the people
Agreed, no matter the vote in any one state, I am delighted each of the 50 can deal with as it always should have been-locally.

Old 08-02-2022, 10:00 PM

6,011 posts, read 2,835,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I don't see how the abortion issue is directly any of your prohibitive business.
Using your logic, we should not bring justice to murder victims by punishing murderers, as that is not our “business” because it does not directly affect you or I…

Old 08-02-2022, 10:03 PM

23,488 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Using your logic, we should not bring justice to murder victims by punishing murderers, as that is not our “business” because it does not directly affect you or I…

Yep...or any other crime that doesn't personally involve us. Seems they want to abolish more than just the cops.

Old 08-02-2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Seriously, you're so all out pitifully wrong, because it is a matter of FACT that Red State voters in Mississippi and other states have voted down laws that would give full human rights to people beginning from the very day of their conception in the womb. If you want to make abortion your business anyway, do you regularly go to abortion clinics to yell at women not to enter?

Old 08-02-2022, 10:06 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,428 times
Quote:
You linked an article that was written and published during my first week of kindergarten … Science has evolved since then, and thus the timeline of fetal pain has shrunk to around fifteen weeks.

I find it pertinent to include this, as well:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/ful...43639211059245

I found it easier to add your post to my reply to another poster than to retype the same thing in another post.
Are you freaking kidding me?

This was published in the Linacre Quarterly : the official journal of the Catholic Medical Association and primarily focuses on the relationship between medicine and spirituality, and in particular on medical ethics.

It’s focus is health policy and philosophy.

It has a LOW IMPACT FACTOR.

For this type of research you want to go with HIGH IMPACT scientific journals, Science,BMJ,NEJM, Nature, JAMA,Cell

If you don’t know what I am talking about “journal high impact factor”

Old 08-02-2022, 10:09 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,554,287 times
Good for Kansans.

What excuse will the hard right that is intent on banning all abortion come up with to explain this away? Is Kansas now suddenly too LIBERAL?

Old 08-02-2022, 10:09 PM

6,011 posts, read 2,835,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Are you freaking kidding me?

This was published in the Linacre Quarterly : the official journal of the Catholic Medical Association and primarily focuses on the relationship between medicine and spirituality, and in particular on medical ethics.

It’s focus is health policy and philosophy.

It has a LOW IMPACT FACTOR.

For this type of research you want to go with HIGH IMPACT scientific journals, Science,BMJ,NEJM, Nature, JAMA,Cell

If you don’t know what I am talking about “journal high impact factor”
They did cite the specific studies that showed these results, if you wish to dig deeper into it. Or, you can gripe about the source, of which was in the first page of my quick internet search…

Old 08-02-2022, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How can anyone possibly know what pain a fetus may or may not feel.
I suppose people who want abortion banned would tell you that simple scientific experiments would be done by poking a fetus with a needle at every week of development until it recoils in response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies