Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 01:01 PM

7,253 posts, read 3,776,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Yeah, but one big thing that you and Mattja are overlooking is the fact that many unmarried females PLAN to have children without marriage so that they can collect welfare and various other methods of financial support from the government.

It's called "gaming the system" and it's as common as pebbles of sand on the beach. Our government is actually ENCOURAGING the having of kids without marriage with all the government assistant programs for unmarried mothers. Do the math and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Did you read my third paragraph? That's basically what I said.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:01 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
So if it's not the man's fault, then it's ... Whose fault again?
Well. I would say dead beat dads is more to blame. This thread is about women, however.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:03 PM

858 posts, read 680,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Did you read my third paragraph? That's basically what I said.
Our government wants and needs a dependent, uneducated and impoverished populous.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:05 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
There is a reason why single mothers were shunned in the old days, and it’s not entirely for moral reasons. It’s been known forever that male children of single mothers are more likely to be anti-social, undisciplined and lack impulse control: all prerequisites of criminal behavior.

One of the most simple games fathers play with their sons is roughhousing. In roughhousing, boys learn to temper their emotions. They learn impulse control and when to back down. Boys don’t get this from their mothers. It’s simply not in a woman’s psyche.

We need to stop rewarding women who are single mothers by choice. If we stopped paying single women to have children, it would be a self-correcting problem as far as the lower-classes are concerned. The women who have the means to support a child on their own (which are pretty rare, it seems), well, it’s a free country but that doesn’t mean that kind of irresponsible behavior should be celebrated.

A boy needs a father to teach him how to be a man; a daughter needs a father as an example of how a man should treat a woman. There’s a reason a male and female are required to have a child and in the larger picture, it’s not all about biology.
Why are you assuming the child of a single mother doesn't have any men in his life? My son had his dad and granddad as a regular part of his life. He turned out just fine. Successful engineering manager these days.

A woman who chooses to be a single mom will also be sure there are high quality men in her son's life.

I think you have a problem with the welfare system that pays single moms but if there is a couple in need, not so much.

Painting all single parent homes the same is ridiculous.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Some single mothers adopted their kids. They had to prove their financial mettle and overall stability to an agency, and to some others. And they don't take anything from the government other than the tax deductions for having a kid that two parent families also take. And many of them...there are other males in the family who can positively influence the kid.
Oh please, that's the talking point "brave and independent" single mothers like to make, but it's BS.

Children need two parents in the house. An uncle with his own family or an older cousin who visits once a month is no substitute for a full-time father.

Boys need a man to correct their stupidity when it happens, not a week later.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well men should man up then, shouldn't they. Be men and take responsibility for their offspring. Give society a reason to celebrate them. Why dont they?
How can a man who was never taught to be a man man-up?

Old 08-03-2022, 01:11 PM

9,114 posts, read 6,155,520 times
Single motherhood is very common today in the US. Unfortunately, the statistics do not bode well for many of the children in single parent homes, especially for the 50% of households where the mother had not been married.

"More than 80 percent of American children in single-parent families live with the mother only. During the 1960 to 2020 period, the percentage of children living with mother only nearly tripled from 8 to 21 percent; those living with father only increased from 1 to 4 percent."

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/...%209%20percent.

https://singlemotherguide.com/single-mother-statistics/

Old 08-03-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
Our government wants and needs a dependent, uneducated and impoverished populous.
LBJ got his wish.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
A woman who chooses to be a single mom will also be sure there are high quality men in her son's life.
Reality does not support that position.

Old 08-03-2022, 01:14 PM

962 posts, read 540,481 times
Imagine blaming women for fathers abandoning their children. City-data, you've done it again. I can't even come up with something snarky. Original poster also seems to think raising children is like raising dogs. I hope HE never had children of his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies