Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 10:15 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If she votes for a Democrat she cares nothing about their future.
She cares not only about her future but also the future of any daughters she has or will have. Republicans are supposed to be for smaller government and out of people's lives. They have shown to be just the opposite though. Only certain people are allowed individual freedom by their governing. And it's those that they agree with. And it's not just about women.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:18 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If she votes for a Democrat she cares nothing about their future.
Bingo

Old 08-05-2022, 03:45 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Just my PREDICTION, but the Democrats will surprise and win 2022. Full disclosure, I am 21 and a moderate-Pro-Life-Democrat.

1, Democrats have won 3 of the last 4 generic congressional polls.

2, Republicans don't have a lot of good candidates in my state, Democrats have made this worse for Republicans by constantly funding the worst most extreme candidates. I don't approve of this strategy, but it will likely pay off.

3, Nationwide Democrats overall won the redistricting battle. Rhode Island's census accidentally overcounted, letting them keep a congressional seat that they would have lost to a Red State.

4, Trump. It seems like many people on all sides live in an echo chamber these days. Trump supporters know that Trump is toxic to those on the left, but they don't realize just how toxic he is to those in the middle. The more that Trump lingers on the side, pushes for a 2024 run, endorses candidates, the more it helps Democrats. Almost all of the girls in my friend group can't stand him.

Some of the very best humans I know are Trump voters, but they just can't see how toxic he is to so many in the middle and what they fail to see what he represents to so many independent voters. It will be the GOP's undoing in November.

5, TV has covered many stories that just make Republicans look poor lately. From January 6, to the Ohio girl that got raped, to Republicans voting against securing Gay Marriage. Issues that Republicans can win on like should racist ideas be taught in schools have taken a back seat in TV coverage.

6, The youth vote will come out strong against Republicans.

7, Inflation is a problem, but most realize that it isn't solely Biden's fault and both parties pushed bigger spending during the pandemic, even if Democrats wanted even bigger spending. This won't help Republicans too much.

8, People want a larger safety net, like perhaps a national healthcare system. Democrats are the path forward on this.

9, As a Pro-Life Democrat, I once had in 2020, a smug not that masculine Democrat man tell me "You are anti-women's rights, that is not a Democrat, cutie." I was angered to the point that I almost didn't vote Dem in my first election. Democrats have seemed to wise up a bit lately, as no Democrat has been so insulting and condescending to me if I say that I am a pro-Life Democrat for pacifist religious beliefs.

10, There have always been a little more Democrats, it is just that Democrats were a little less likely to vote. The new easier voting methods have flipped the tables. They are still in place.

11. Biden is unpopular, Biden is NOT doing a great job, but he is also NOT on the Ballot. Biden does not equal the Democratic Party in its entirety.

Don't be mad, just my thoughts, good people can disagree, what are your thoughts? I think the Democrats do surprise in November.
If they cheat again. sure , they will win. They did it in the last election.

Old 08-05-2022, 04:19 AM

10,454 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This. Doesn't even have to be ballot harvesting either. Fact is, the super rich who control the media and the way the public schools operate tend to support democrats because they are the ones that are about people giving up their independence and relying on the government, which is actually run by the top corporations of the world.

Old 08-05-2022, 04:43 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Don't underestimate the anger of Roe vs Wade being overturned, and how that will reflect on the turnout. Is it a slam dunk for Democrats? Not at all, but I think that decision will influence young people to turn out more than any other factor.
Don't underestimate the silent conservatives who are not speaking out. I compete in a sport that is almost exclusively populated by ultra leftist women.

At an event a few weeks ago, a woman came up to me and said she'd been told that I was "one of us", meaning a conservative. We chatted, and we both acknowledged that coming clean would hurt her business and cost us colleagues.

At the same sort of event a few months ago, a woman approached me to ask who had the "I voted for Trump" bumper sticker. I had no idea, and when I said that, this woman told me it was a good thing it wasn't me, because she (who I consider a close acquaintance) and another woman (who I consider a good friend) would have to stop speaking to me because of that. I kept my mouth shut (for the record, I know my good friend would not stop speaking to me) because I just don't want the drama. And I have a hard and fast rule to never talk politics at my hobby.

The ones angered by Roe v Wade weren't going to vote for a Republican anyway. But there are many of us out there that are silently voting, and are just as angry. And those in the middle are feeling the crunch in their wallet, and could give a rip about Roe v Wade being overturned.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:05 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are one of about 4 or 5 posters that I usually can't rep because I rep you too often.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:59 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Looking good for the Democrats. China announced yesterday

“The Chinese foreign ministry announced Friday that dialogues between the leaders of Chinese and US military theatres, the working meeting of Chinese and US defence ministries and consultation mechanism on maritime military safety between Beijing and the US were cancelled,” the South China Morning Post reported.

The report added that cooperation on the repatriation of illegal immigrants, criminal justice assistance, cross-border crimes, narcotics and climate change would also be suspended.

Oh well, climate change wasn't that important anyway.

Pelosi's touch down in Taiwan is already paying dividends!

Old 08-05-2022, 06:05 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Just my PREDICTION, but the Democrats will surprise and win 2022. Full disclosure, I am 21 and a moderate-Pro-Life-Democrat.

1, Democrats have won 3 of the last 4 generic congressional polls.

2, Republicans don't have a lot of good candidates in my state, Democrats have made this worse for Republicans by constantly funding the worst most extreme candidates. I don't approve of this strategy, but it will likely pay off.

3, Nationwide Democrats overall won the redistricting battle. Rhode Island's census accidentally overcounted, letting them keep a congressional seat that they would have lost to a Red State.

4, Trump. It seems like many people on all sides live in an echo chamber these days. Trump supporters know that Trump is toxic to those on the left, but they don't realize just how toxic he is to those in the middle. The more that Trump lingers on the side, pushes for a 2024 run, endorses candidates, the more it helps Democrats. Almost all of the girls in my friend group can't stand him.

Some of the very best humans I know are Trump voters, but they just can't see how toxic he is to so many in the middle and what they fail to see what he represents to so many independent voters. It will be the GOP's undoing in November.

5, TV has covered many stories that just make Republicans look poor lately. From January 6, to the Ohio girl that got raped, to Republicans voting against securing Gay Marriage. Issues that Republicans can win on like should racist ideas be taught in schools have taken a back seat in TV coverage.

6, The youth vote will come out strong against Republicans.

7, Inflation is a problem, but most realize that it isn't solely Biden's fault and both parties pushed bigger spending during the pandemic, even if Democrats wanted even bigger spending. This won't help Republicans too much.

8, People want a larger safety net, like perhaps a national healthcare system. Democrats are the path forward on this.

9, As a Pro-Life Democrat, I once had in 2020, a smug not that masculine Democrat man tell me "You are anti-women's rights, that is not a Democrat, cutie." I was angered to the point that I almost didn't vote Dem in my first election. Democrats have seemed to wise up a bit lately, as no Democrat has been so insulting and condescending to me if I say that I am a pro-Life Democrat for pacifist religious beliefs.

10, There have always been a little more Democrats, it is just that Democrats were a little less likely to vote. The new easier voting methods have flipped the tables. They are still in place.

11. Biden is unpopular, Biden is NOT doing a great job, but he is also NOT on the Ballot. Biden does not equal the Democratic Party in its entirety.

Don't be mad, just my thoughts, good people can disagree, what are your thoughts? I think the Democrats do surprise in November.
Unlikely. Dem turnout will be middling. I could see them holding on to the Senate though. GOP nominating Walker and Oz was a big mistake. Maybe Oz will surprise but Walker is a big dummy. Don’t know what folks were thinking nominating him.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:10 AM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
if the democrats win, it won’t be because of abortion. if they win, it will be a referendum on democrat policies of big government, energy reduction, Chinese manufacturing and deforestation, wokeness, economically bad policies. if they lose, it will show people had enough of the nonsense.
Watch the documentary 2000 Mules.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/L0MzNI02tSkw/

The only possible way the Democrats can win the midterms is by massive cheating.

And we’re already seeing the signs of the big set up, with the new “monkey pox” being hyped in the media, and the resurrection of Al Qaeda as the FBI has recently warned of being on the lookout for massive attacks.

These criminals are desperate.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:18 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Don't underestimate the silent conservatives who are not speaking out. I compete in a sport that is almost exclusively populated by ultra leftist women.

At an event a few weeks ago, a woman came up to me and said she'd been told that I was "one of us", meaning a conservative. We chatted, and we both acknowledged that coming clean would hurt her business and cost us colleagues.

At the same sort of event a few months ago, a woman approached me to ask who had the "I voted for Trump" bumper sticker. I had no idea, and when I said that, this woman told me it was a good thing it wasn't me, because she (who I consider a close acquaintance) and another woman (who I consider a good friend) would have to stop speaking to me because of that. I kept my mouth shut (for the record, I know my good friend would not stop speaking to me) because I just don't want the drama. And I have a hard and fast rule to never talk politics at my hobby.

The ones angered by Roe v Wade weren't going to vote for a Republican anyway. But there are many of us out there that are silently voting, and are just as angry. And those in the middle are feeling the crunch in their wallet, and could give a rip about Roe v Wade being overturned.
A key thing to watch is how many younger voters, who normally don’t vote, show up in November. It’s not that they would vote Republican, but they would not previously have voted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies