Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 12:35 PM

29,437 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
I read the bill H.R. 1808.

Any new SAW (Semiautomatic Assault Weapon) or LCAFD (Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device) shall have along with a serial number the date of manufacture stamped on it. It will be illegal for anyone other than law enforcement, the military and those guarding nuclear materials to posses any new SAW or LCAFD manufactured after that date. Which corresponds with the date the law is passed, if it passes.

The sale or transfer of any grandfathered SAW's must be done through a federally licensed dealer. Possession of grandfathered LCAFD's will still be legal. However it will be illegal to sell or transfer any grandfathered LCAFD. So if you want to sell your grandfathered SAW you can't sell it with a grandfathered LCAFD.

Fortunately this bill is unlikely to pass the senate. However that's no reason to not be concerned and we should contact our senators to voice our opposition. NOT ONE INCH!!!
Which will be impossible to track. Let's say I'm at a range and a buddy runs out of ammo for his rifle, and I toss him a mag, and he uses it and throws it in his range bag and we go home. Impossible to track.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 12:53 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
And THEY get to define what constitutes an "assault weapon" and "large capacity feeding device".
The only thing that I read in the bill is the term SAW. However that could mean whatever they describe as a SAW. Which could cover an awful lot of semiautomatic rifles and pistols. They also made no distinction between rifle and pistol magazines (LCAFD's). Make no mistake about it this is a terrible bill. If allowed to pass it's my opinion that it will set the stage for banning grandfathered SAW's and LCAFD's as well. All it will take is another headline grabbing mass shooting.

It's imperative that we vote out any politician that voted for this bill. Whether they are a Democrat or Republican. Republican Reps. Chris Jacobs and Brian Fitzgerald voted for this bill. Jacobs is not seeking another term. Democrats Cuellar, Golden, Gonzalez, and Kind voted against it.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:53 PM

8,936 posts, read 2,960,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Which will be impossible to track. Let's say I'm at a range and a buddy runs out of ammo for his rifle, and I toss him a mag, and he uses it and throws it in his range bag and we go home. Impossible to track.
These people don't know anything about guns. That's why they think this is possible.

30 round AR mags are a dime a dozen. I have probably 50 myself, at least. There were times when you could buy 10 of them for less than a hundred bucks!

There are probably multiple BILLION of them in the USA already.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
These people don't know anything about guns. That's why they think this is possible.

30 round AR mags are a dime a dozen. I have probably 50 myself, at least. There were times when you could buy 10 of them for less than a hundred bucks!

I lost track of how many, I've even given some away to new rifle owners that need some.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
The only thing that I read in the bill is the term SAW. However that could mean whatever they describe as a SAW. Which could cover an awful lot of semiautomatic rifles and pistols. They also made no distinction between rifle and pistol magazines (LCAFD's). Make no mistake about it this is a terrible bill. If allowed to pass it's my opinion that it will set the stage for banning grandfathered SAW's and LCAFD's as well. All it will take is another headline grabbing mass shooting.

It's imperative that we vote out any politician that voted for this bill. Whether they are a Democrat or Republican. Republican Reps. Chris Jacobs and Brian Fitzgerald voted for this bill. Jacobs is not seeking another term. Democrats Cuellar, Golden, Gonzalez, and Kind voted against it.
Spot on !

Old 08-04-2022, 01:01 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
I got buddies from Iraq gave out 30 rounders like halloween candy. No date on them.

Old 08-04-2022, 01:04 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Of course it will. Grandfathered LCAFD's have no serial numbers and there are ten's maybe hundred's of millions of them out there. But it will still be illegal to sell or transfer a grandfathered LCAFD under this bill.

About the only way someone could get caught is to unwittingly sell or transfer one to an undercover law enforcement officer or federal agent. Unfortunately the people who vote in favor of this type of legislation are all a bunch of ****'n idiots, along with the ****'n idiots that vote for them into perpetuity. The politicians that vote for this never have to fear losing their seats. Politicians such as Pelosi, Nadler, AOC, Waters, Pressley etc.

Quote:
Today's Democrats = Ineptocracy*(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 08-04-2022 at 01:13 PM..

Old 08-04-2022, 01:19 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How do you tell a "grandfathered" gun from one produced after a ban?.

Answer that and you'll be on track to realizing the true intent of the legislation.
that's easy... the nazi way... gun registration

Old 08-04-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I read the bill H.R. 1808.

Any new SAW (Semiautomatic Assault Weapon) or LCAFD (Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device) shall have along with a serial number the date of manufacture stamped on it. It will be illegal for anyone other than law enforcement, the military and those guarding nuclear materials to posses any new SAW or LCAFD manufactured after that date. Which corresponds with the date the law is passed, if it passes.

The sale or transfer of any grandfathered SAW's must be done through a federally licensed dealer. Possession of grandfathered LCAFD's will still be legal. However it will be illegal to sell or transfer any grandfathered LCAFD. So if you want to sell your grandfathered SAW you can't sell it with a grandfathered LCAFD.

Fortunately this bill is unlikely to pass the senate. However that's no reason to not be concerned and we should contact our senators to voice our opposition. NOT ONE INCH!!!
when I see "SAW", I usually think Squad Automatic Weapon...like my pig (the M-60) that I carried for years

Old 08-04-2022, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post

easily a billion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies