Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 04:17 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
With regards to SF it's because such assaults are now being caught on video. Hate crimes committed by Blacks against Asian in the Bay Area aren't anything new. They began when refugees from South East Asia were relocated to SF during the late 70's and into the same public housing projects with AA. The Blacks living there didn't like their new neighbors.
The fact that such violence continues, it tells me that there is a large underclass within the Bay Area's Black population. I don't see any Black middle class or Black upper middle class people doing this. I also rarely hear about this going on outside of California or New York. Not saying it doesn't happen outside of CA or NY. Just saying it's far more prominent in California and New York. I start wondering what's up with California and New York. There is a good reason I started a thread about Black homicide rates BY STATE and why I compare and contrast Black populations by city and state. I notice alot of different patterns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 04:32 PM

13,687 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The fact that such violence continues, it tells me that there is a large underclass within the Bay Area's Black population. I don't see any Black middle class or Black upper middle class people doing this. I also rarely hear about this going on outside of California or New York. Not saying it doesn't happen outside of CA or NY. Just saying it's far more prominent in California and New York. I start wondering what's up with California and New York. There is a good reason I started a thread about Black homicide rates BY STATE and why I compare and contrast Black populations by city and state. I notice alot of different patterns.
My guess is resentment is the #1 reason for Black on Asian hate crimes. In SF for example many of the Asian children who grew up in the same projects and went to the same schools as Black kids are now successful. Asians who arrived in SF during the late 70's might not have spoken English but they understood the importance of education and hard work. Almost all the Asian kids I knew growing up studied and helped out in their parents store or restaurant.

Old 08-07-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
With regards to SF it's because such crimes are now being caught on video. Hate crimes, assaults and robberies committed by Blacks against Asians in the Bay Area aren't anything new. They began when refugees from South East Asia were relocated to SF during the late 70's and into the same public housing projects as AA.
2nd reply.

There is a YouTuber by the name of Xanatos Clutch that I sometimes watch. Black American male YouTuber who talks about how Black men can better themselves. He is part of the SYSBM movement (SYSBM means "Save Yourself Black Man").

One thing he talked about was where Black men could go to find acceptance. According to him, the Bay Area is one of the worst places to go at this point (he currently lives in the Bay Area). According to him, the reputation of Black men in the Bay Area is just dirt. According to him, Black men who are of the assimilation mindset are better off not living in the Bay Area region. When these violent crimes pop up, one person I think about is Xanatos Clutch. According to Clutch, any place where Black men appear in the local news frequently for violent crime, are places Black men should avoid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ksYlYdOGAw

I have to think about this as a Black man. Being in a place where I might be given the side because of stuff like Black vs Asian attacks, well, that is something I have to think about.

Old 08-07-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
My guess is resentment is the #1 reason for Black on Asian hate crimes. In SF for example many of the Asian children who grew up in the same projects and went to the same schools as Black kids are now successful. Asians who arrived in SF during the late 70's might not have spoken English but they understood the importance of education and hard work. Almost all the Asian kids I knew growing up studied and helped out in their parents store or restaurant.
Resentment is part of it, at least in the Bay Area. In the Los Angeles area, it's the convenience store dynamic. In the LA area, Koreans have taken on the middle-man minority role. They were often the ones running the convenience stores in low-income Black neighborhoods. According to Koreans, Blacks were the ones robbing stores and committing crimes. According to Blacks, Koreans were the ones disrespecting Black people and price-gouging Black people. Things got ugly when a 15 year-old girl got shot to death over a fight over a stolen item. Camera footage showed that nothing got stolen, and the girl was shot while walking away. The shooter didn't even go to jail. In LA, Blacks also resented Koreans for being "clannish", and sticking to themselves.

I notice these tensions tend to exist in lower income areas. I've mentioned this in other threads.

In the Atlanta area, I didn't see nearly as much anti-Asian sentiment from Black people, at least in the places I went. At least when we are making the compared between the Atlanta area and California.

Old 08-07-2022, 04:57 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
It's not rage, they were kicking her for the feelings of pure pleasure it gave them.
There are just plan evil human beings of the predator type.
They belong in a cage or in the wild competing with other predatory animals.
Another 50,000 years of evolution will make their descendants eligible for civilized society.
I say, when you have people like this and they are caught, forget about prison. Just put them on a plane and then drop them off onto the Sentinel Islands so they can see how tough they really are.

Old 08-07-2022, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I say, when you have people like this and they are caught, forget about prison. Just put them on a plane and then drop them off onto the Sentinel Islands so they can see how tough they really are.
In America we can't do that.

Old 08-07-2022, 05:17 PM

13,687 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
. According to Koreans, Blacks were the ones robbing stores and committing crimes. .
Which is probably true.

Quote:
According to Blacks, Koreans were the ones disrespecting Black people and price-gouging Black people.
I suspect this disrespecting (keeping an extra eye on or following Blacks in the store) was a direct result of theft and robbery which shop owners experienced.

Old 08-07-2022, 05:19 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,815,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
There is a movie about NYC Chinatown starring Russell Wong ,it is kind of Chinese Romeo and Juliet ,it is about gang wars between the Chinese gang and the Italian gang.
Yes. Chinatown gangs in NYC during the 70s-2000s were notorious, so much that many movies and TV series had references or were made about them. For example, in Sopranos, young Jackie April's death was blamed on a lie from Chinese gangs.

That era is history though as FBI shut them down along with the Italian mob when RICO Act began to be enforced.

Old 08-07-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Which is probably true.

I suspect this disrespecting (keeping an extra eye on or following Blacks in the store) was a direct result of theft and robbery which shop owners experienced.
Either way, alot of Black people had distrust for Koreans (at least in the low-income neighborhoods). And it didn't get any better.

Historically, there have been all kinds of clashes between Blacks and immigrants. Cincinnati had race riots during the early 19th century, between Blacks and Irish immigrants. Irish immigrants tried to drive free Blacks out of Cincinnati. In 1899, a riot broke out between Blacks and Arabs in Newburgh, NY. Why? Competition over brickyard jobs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_riots_of_1829
https://www.blackpast.org/african-am...ace-riot-1899/

Basically, many immigrants didn't like Blacks and many Blacks didn't like immigrants. And it turned into violence for ages. Many cases, Blacks were the victims of violence. In the 1960s and after, Black people were the ones rioting.

Old 08-07-2022, 05:29 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Yes. Chinatown gangs in NYC during the 70s-2000s were notorious, so much that many movies and TV series had references or were made about them. For example, in Sopranos, young Jackie April's death was blamed on a lie from Chinese gangs.

That era is history though as FBI shut them down along with the Italian mob when RICO Act began to be enforced.
Yes, I remember The (Chinese) Triad was just as, if not more so infamous as the Italian mafia in the 90’s-early 2000’s. I’m sure they are around to some degree now, but they definitely aren’t as large or powerful as they were decades ago. Similar to the Italian mafia, the older generation was running them, and now that they’ve started to age out, there isn’t a younger generation to keep it going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies