Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 09:35 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What's amazing to me is how this issue is such a big one for women's rights, but allowing biological men to compete in women's sports isn't. So strange.

Yeah, who care's about the economy, jobs, crime, homelessness, and our country and everyone in it prospering, it's all about abortion. SMH
With all that going on, do you think it is a good time to be forcing women to give birth? Many are already having trouble paying the bills. Do they need another mouth to feed?

Old 08-05-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I’m a black conservative.

The joy of watching the left outraged, doesn’t override a woman’s right to have control over her body. Yes, we know the left are hypocrites for demanding vaccine/mask mandates and now claiming, “my body my choice” but at the end of the day abortion should be federally legal.

Should taxpayers fund abortion? No. But we don’t get any say on where our tax dollars go either way.
If your state funds abortion, you can just move to another state... maybe a state that doesn't even allow abortion.

( Federal money is never used to fund abortion. )

Old 08-05-2022, 09:41 AM

29,477 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
With all that going on, do you think it is a good time to be forcing women to give birth? Many are already having trouble paying the bills. Do they need another mouth to feed?
No one is forcing them to get pregnant now are they ? If one is in a tough financial situation, one would think that would be the worst time to be irresponsible. Seems like it would be more important to change their situation first. Accidents do happen, but are there really that many accidents happening ? Were the million abortions that happened last year all due to accidents, or do you think there was just a bit of irresponsibility that happened ?

Old 08-05-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not about abortion...hmm...okay.

It's not that I don't care, I just think there are many other issues that our country faces that are just higher up on the list than this. That doesn't mean I want to see abortions made illegal, though.
Well, if you don't pay attention, many states will make abortion illegal. Some are already close to it. Can't abort after 6 weeks leaves many women hanging because they don't know they are pregnant by 6 weeks. But, no, they don't call that a ban.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:48 AM

29,477 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Well, if you don't pay attention, many states will make abortion illegal. Some are already close to it. Can't abort after 6 weeks leaves many women hanging because they don't know they are pregnant by 6 weeks. But, no, they don't call that a ban.
Did you forget that these law makers work for you ? If this is that big of an issue throughout the states, changes will be made via the voting booth.

Last edited by scarabchuck; 08-05-2022 at 10:25 AM..

Old 08-05-2022, 09:58 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,802,950 times
No. States don't get to tell people where they can go and what they can do when they get there.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:59 AM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
It's disturbing that this even asked...
It’s showing the control factor. Which is what this is all about. Control. If not Christian right wing’s be lined up with a phone n address offering to take care of the child the woman does want or can’t carry. Or the father be there ready to grab that baby at delivery to solely raise it. It’s not about the baby. How many hungry and abused do we have already? For years.
Lots of empty words.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:11 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
If you Leave a red state you are not in their jurisdiction you are subject to other state and Federal laws

But If there’s solid evidence that a person is planning to abort their baby and then fleeing the state then “attempt to commit a crime” might fall in the red state’s jurisdiction or not? If they were caught driving out with abortion papers and pulled over before leaving the state?
Jesus. Simply put, my own personal take on abortion aside, no. Making such a situation a crime in the state of residence goes a bit over the line. Just a bit maybe. That gets into all manner of other areas. Free travel across state lines for one. That actually is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. We are not required to present our papers to travel into another state and our business there so long as it is legal by that states law and federal law is our own.

Caught driving out with abortion papers? Where does that come from? Are state troopers going to be manning border checkpoints and ransacking vehicles looking for such papers? I really have a hard time wrapping my head around how the progressive left is attempting to make everyone petrified and hiding in their basements. As if because the abortion issue being handed to the individual states and their voters under the 10th amendment has us a short jump from Nazi Germany.

God forbid I said Stalinist Russia or Maoist China instead. Those were LEFTST governments. All about the people. All this reeking bilge about how "women's rights" are being suppressed and state governments in conservative states are going to go straight up KGB on people is nothing but blowing smoke. Possibly that is in a rater vain (to my mind) attempt to put abortion laws and nothing but front and center in November. A more plausible fear is the Dems finding a way to cancel the midterms. Using ...ohhhh...maybe being at war with China as a reason?

I'm far more worried about that than the states putting troopers at checkpoints on state borders looking for women going to neighboring states to get an abortion. Wow. The radical progressive left is really getting desperate for bogeymen.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:23 AM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbraybarten65 View Post
It's disturbing that this even asked...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Jesus. Simply put, my own personal take on abortion aside, no. Making such a situation a crime in the state of residence goes a bit over the line. Just a bit maybe. That gets into all manner of other areas. Free travel across state lines for one. That actually is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. We are not required to present our papers to travel into another state and our business there so long as it is legal by that states law and federal law is our own.

Caught driving out with abortion papers? Where does that come from? Are state troopers going to be manning border checkpoints and ransacking vehicles looking for such papers? I really have a hard time wrapping my head around how the progressive left is attempting to make everyone petrified and hiding in their basements. As if because the abortion issue being handed to the individual states and their voters under the 10th amendment has us a short jump from Nazi Germany.

God forbid I said Stalinist Russia or Maoist China instead. Those were LEFTST governments. All about the people. All this reeking bilge about how "women's rights" are being suppressed and state governments in conservative states are going to go straight up KGB on people is nothing but blowing smoke. Possibly that is in a rater vain (to my mind) attempt to put abortion laws and nothing but front and center in November. A more plausible fear is the Dems finding a way to cancel the midterms. Using ...ohhhh...maybe being at war with China as a reason?

I'm far more worried about that than the states putting troopers at checkpoints on state borders looking for women going to neighboring states to get an abortion. Wow. The radical progressive left is really getting desperate for bogeymen.
Lol - so that’s why so many Right wingers need their long, fat guns? Lol. Whose afraid of the boogeyman ? Check mate.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:39 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Lol - so that’s why so many Right wingers need their long, fat guns? Lol. Whose afraid of the boogeyman ? Check mate.
LOL to be sure. Checkmate? Hardly. Queen to queen level 3. Some people argue the 2A on the grounds of resistance to government coup. I'm not one of them. Even so that intent IS in the 2A should it be needed. And I'm more woried about the progressive left Democrat leadership pulling that. All on the basis of making people afraid that's what conservative leadership would do. Here's a thought. If conservative leadership DID try that what's the left going to do about it?

Maybe procure weapons? Make Molotov cocktails and swarm en masse down city streets burning looting and killing? Sound familiar? Queen to king level 2. There was not even a check move there let alone a check mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies