Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 09:07 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times

Advertisements

per the Daily Caller, former President Trump (although he has flip-flopped on this issue quite a bit) said that executing a drug dealer would save approximately 500 lives.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/26/t...s-afpi-speech/

but hold on just one second

Drug dealers don't kill people.

Drugs don't kill people.

People make choices, right? Like guns, for example.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
per the Daily Caller, former President Trump (although he has flip-flopped on this issue quite a bit) said that executing a drug dealer would save approximately 500 lives.

Drugs don't kill people.

The countries with the fewest drug challenges spend the least and impose harsh penalties of traffickers and consumers.

As it relates to the US, Trump did not advocate for execution of traffickers, while POTUS. Kelly Anne was charged with addressing the Opiate/ Opioid challenge. What happened? Trump says a lot of things.

Afghanistan is the largest producer of heroin in the world and supplies Europe and parts of Asia. 20 years of US occupation did not put a dent in it.

Russia has the highest addiction rate in Europe.

The US War on Drugs has failed. Either legalize it all or take a harsh approach.

The typical heroin addict in the US is a white male, early 20’s with a history of poly substance abuse.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:39 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:

Drugs don't kill people.

Well, not quite.

Drug running is one of those DP crimes, in US terms,.....IF you can show that the illegal drugs they have pushed have killed someone.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:44 AM

10,434 posts, read 6,954,235 times
If the US wanted to stop the drugs from flowing in obviously a border wall would stop some leakage, but the US would destroy all these compounds and farms in Mexico and Central America/Columbia.

Would it require an act of congress? Not sure.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:46 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, not quite.

Drug running is one of those DP crimes, in US terms,.....IF you can show that the illegal drugs they have pushed have killed someone.
What is a DP crime?

People make a choice when they use drugs. Just like people make a choice when they jump off a bridge or shoot themselves in the head.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:24 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
What is a DP crime?

People make a choice when they use drugs. Just like people make a choice when they jump off a bridge or shoot themselves in the head.
The noose, lethal injection, old sparky, "now your local company will provide gas chamber music", firing squad, or whatever method those in power deem the legal way to send someone who has committed such a crime, a Death Penalty crime, to meet the ruler of the Valhalla they believe in.

In the US, for crimes against the individual (not the State such as treason), one must have killed someone to be sentence to death.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:36 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
We would all like big time drug dealers killed on the spot.

that is an expression of frustration exacerbated by Biden's financial support of the mexican drug cartels and abandonment of the southern border and lying about the border being closed.

It is useful to know the extremes of a potential solution to work toward an effective solution more centered and intended to stop the distribution and sale of drugs by China/drug cartels.

ALL solutions must be presented to define the problem and arrive at an effective solution without the corruption of political consideration.

First close the border! If that is not a consideration then we must all accept the fact that the downstream impact of drugs and all that open borders bring is intentional.

then we must ask, what is the biden admin's intention when we see fentanyl leading the cause of death for 18-45 year olds. No federal agencies appear concerned about a leading cause of death when they get hysterical over issues that cause fewer deaths and lifelong pain. How odd is that. Adds to the frustration.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:38 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,326,350 times
Quote:

Drugs don't kill people.

If you decide to shot someone with a gun, you'll go to jail unless you can prove self defense, right? If a drug dealer knowingly sells a drug laced with fentanyl and that happens to kill someone, I'm definitely OK with prosecutors pursuing the death penalty in that case.

Your point is so poorly laid out, I can't decipher it. I believe it's an anti-gun statement, but I can't really be sure.

Last edited by LakeLifePA; 08-05-2022 at 11:12 AM..

Old 08-05-2022, 11:06 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
I'm not sure if I like the word "execute" that well. How about "put a drug dealer in jail?"

Nonetheless, I was in my car a few days ago and NPR came on. I normally find myself turning off NPR within 5 minutes of listening because they'll go off onto a racist prattle 9/10 times. Guess I was listening to one of the days that they didn't drone on about racism, which was nice. But the topic was fentanyl. I don't do drugs so I wasn't up to speed on fentanyl. Wow, it's pretty lethal stuff! They were talking about kids going to parties and not coming home. Scary stuff.

I'd be aggressive in trying to control a substance this powerful!!!! Again not sure about killing drug dealers but definitely try to mitigate it's flow.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:09 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Fentanyl has been the number one killer for young people 18-15 for years now.

Previous administrations have tried their best but with not much luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies