Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 09:55 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
An 80 year old woman was finishing up her shower when she heard a man’s voice in the women's locker room. When she came out she saw a man in a women’s swimsuit watching girls pull down their swimsuits to use the bathroom. When she complained, she was the one who was told to leave and never come back.

https://thepostmillennial.com/80-yea...ere-undressing

Why are people supporting this? I would not want to share a locker room with men and I definitely don’t want my daughters to have to share a locker room with men. It’s already legal in many places including schools. How have we let this happen? Why do trans rights trump women’s rights?
the real war on women. excused and encouraged by leftists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 09:56 AM

11,220 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
An 80 year old woman was finishing up her shower when she heard a man’s voice in the women's locker room. When she came out she saw a man in a women’s swimsuit watching girls pull down their swimsuits to use the bathroom. When she complained, she was the one who was told to leave and never come back.

https://thepostmillennial.com/80-yea...ere-undressing

Why are people supporting this? I would not want to share a locker room with men and I definitely don’t want my daughters to have to share a locker room with men. It’s already legal in many places including schools. How have we let this happen? Why do trans rights trump women’s rights?
All I can think of when I read this (humorously) is "what was the 80-year old woman doing in the mens shower?" LOL

Who exactly is supporting this, and what is the rest of the story? I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that the Young Man's CHRISTIAN Association supports a man coming in the ladies room to "watch girls pull down their swimsuits to use the bathroom".

I suspect, this is another case, like most of the right-wing social injustice warriors, where there is more to the story, or they are manipulating a story to fit their agenda. The left was never about "letting men in the ladies room". This has always been a defensive war, to deal with the Right's full-on assault on anything and everything they deem as unacceptable.

The bathroom situation was never an issue until the right wingers made it one, and forced the left to defend positions they never wanted to defend. I know, it started in the city I grew up in, and much of my family still lives in, Charlotte, NC.

If it is proven that the YM"C"A is supporting the right for MEN to go watch girls undress in the ladies room, I'll be the FIRST PERSON TO RAISE MY HAND AND SAY IT'S WRONG.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:56 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
the easiest step is to just not patronize that gym.
Money talks... I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the real war on women. excused and encouraged by leftists.
Yep

Every group Democrats say they support, they only use them for cover - and end the end those groups only get used and abused.
  • Black folk - they are for blacks - however, many are left to poor conditions, defund the police to put them more at risk, subject to horrible educational enviroments
  • Women - for women's rights - however put them at risk with penis-women, lose to penis-women in sports
  • Poor - they are for the poor - however their policies inflate prices which make it harder for the poor to buy goods

Old 08-05-2022, 10:21 AM

6,744 posts, read 3,360,889 times
The old lady should've just kicked him in the balls.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:26 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
the easiest step is to just not patronize that gym.
Soon women who don’t like this will have to avoid all gyms and all public restrooms.

As long as a men are affirmed as being seen as a women, I guess it will all be worth it.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Why are locker rooms designed as big open rooms? Why don't they have partitions so people can have privacy? I never understood why locker rooms are open design concept, while at home we have doors on our bedrooms and bathrooms for privacy.
I don’t know but that is how they are and there is no reason at all to allow men into women’s locker rooms.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
All I can think of when I read this (humorously) is "what was the 80-year old woman doing in the mens shower?" LOL

Who exactly is supporting this, and what is the rest of the story? I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that the Young Man's CHRISTIAN Association supports a man coming in the ladies room to "watch girls pull down their swimsuits to use the bathroom".

I suspect, this is another case, like most of the right-wing social injustice warriors, where there is more to the story, or they are manipulating a story to fit their agenda. The left was never about "letting men in the ladies room". This has always been a defensive war, to deal with the Right's full-on assault on anything and everything they deem as unacceptable.

The bathroom situation was never an issue until the right wingers made it one, and forced the left to defend positions they never wanted to defend. I know, it started in the city I grew up in, and much of my family still lives in, Charlotte, NC.

If it is proven that the YM"C"A is supporting the right for MEN to go watch girls undress in the ladies room, I'll be the FIRST PERSON TO RAISE MY HAND AND SAY IT'S WRONG.
That's what I think.

But something is off.

And it appears this woman has had run ins before with the Y and was banned for her abusive behaviour...not for objecting to a man in the locker area.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This is an odd story. And as you see it -- of course it seems upsetting...but there seems to be some confusion, conflicting stories...so I'm not sure what to think. Of course if the woman was banned for merely objecting to a man being in the locker room then it is crazy. But it appears that this woman has had multiple run ins with staff. Sounds like she's a nutter.

So do we take what she said at face value?

In an email from the YMCA’s Marketing and Communications Manager, they said that Jaman was not permanently suspended for this incident alone, but rather due to "repeatedly violating the Olympic Peninsula YMCA code of conduct, specifically, using disrespectful words or gestures towards YMCA staff or others; and abusive, harassing and/or obscene language or gestures towards YMCA staff or others."

If they were banning her for being rude they should have banned her for being rude. Instead they waited until she confronted a man in the women’s room.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:

Your take is that it didn’t happen?

There is testimony taken from a public meeting about this issue. I’ll try to find it. It really did happen.

The left is very much on board with allowing men into women’s restrooms and changing rooms. Where have you been?

Old 08-05-2022, 10:34 AM

29,429 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:

Wow, you have it completely backwards. The "bathroom" issue hasn't been an issue in over 100 years, until the left made it one. Where were all these transgender individuals going to the bathroom, or changing their clothes 20, 40, 60 years ago ? And why weren't there issues then ? Why now ? The ones forcing change aren't those on the right, it's the progressive left. And the hilarious things is all the threads on this site about abortion and women's rights, but yet this issue is ignored along with men competing with women in sports. The hypocrisy is astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies