Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2022, 07:59 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Cheyney never changed. He's always been part of the group of elitists the reside among both parties.

The only thing is that it wasn't fully understood when we was VP. Back then, my thinking was the elites of both parties designed to keep us divided so that they could do whatever they wanted. But when you see Bush II yukking it up with the Obamas and the Clintons, it made me wonder... it seemed strange to me.

Trump, being essentially a third party outsider, exposed their allegiances - and now the elites on both sides have lined up against him.
Like a lot of people, I tend to view GWB as an unwitting puppet of the Neocons, and so I don't blame him as much as I blame Cheney and Rumsfeld. Maybe I'm wrong, and Bush was part of the plot all along.

Most democrat politicians of the time were dragged into supporting the war. Anyone who opposed it was labeled as being unpatriotic, and that was used as an effective weapon against them in 2002 elections. So I give them a semi-pass as well. Another one was Colin Powell. He was visibly uncomfortable making the case for war at the UN, but like a good little soldier he carried out his orders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2022, 08:40 AM

7,635 posts, read 8,705,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Funny how no one had a problem with Liz until she called out Trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You guys used to love the Cheneys. What happened.
Not sure anyone "used to love the Cheneys" (don't think that's true), but: the mainstream media used to love Trump the billionaire comedian until he decided to run for president and especially after he got elected. Now the unbearable hatred toward this man has become the very meaning of existence for many.

Old 08-06-2022, 09:01 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I'm not crazy about Liz. She's way too conservative for my tastes. Plus, she bears the stain of her father's misdeeds.

But I certainly admire her for her stance on the Jan 6 committee. It takes balls to stand up for the truth when you know it means death for her politically.

Same with Mike Pence. Chief proponent of the Christian Taliban, and groveling toady as Trump's VP. But at least on Jan 6 he found the courage to support the Constitution.

LMAO! It doesn't take balls to challenge an outsider in the party so the NEO CONS (her side) takes the party back. She is getting millions of dollars in donations and she loves the limelight.

Both parties violate the constitution all the time but to give her a gold medal for this is like giving O.J. Simpson a gold medal for returning a lost wallet he found in returning killing is ex-wife and boyfriend. Let me get this straight, contesting an election is the ultimate sin but going to war and torture isn't?

Also, I disagree giving her props in "defending" the constitution when she is violating it herself by going against the party and joining Pelosi's Kangaroo court and using the legislative branch to publicly accuse a citizen of a crime, do a criminal investigation, be a jury to sway public opinion to pressure the DOJ to file criminal charges. She is violating the constitution herself and division of powers and due process because she doesn't want a citizen to ever run for office again but it's not her call. She is legislative branch.

It's like killing a shoplifter. The hypocrisy.

Old 08-06-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
As if Trump doesn't continue to bring up his claim that the 2020 election was stolen from him? As if every Republican that Trump endorses doesn't continue to claim that the 2020 election was fraudulent and that's why they're running -- so they can make sure future elections aren't stolen from Trump, even though the 2020 election was the most scrutinized in history and found to be free and fair, and it is only Trump making wholly unsupported and debunked claims of any widespread electoral irregularities?

And you claim the only people bringing up the 2020 elections are Democrats? Why don't you just come out and claim wrong is right? False is true? That's essentially what you and Trump are trying to claim. And what is unfathomable is that so many people like you have fallen for it, and the entire Republican party (except Liz Cheney and Kinzinger) have acquiesced to this nonsense.

Which party is in power? Who is using the legislative branch and millions of taxpayers dollars to publicly accuse a citizen of a crime, do a criminal investigation,and a kangaroo court to sway public opinion for the DOJ indict during an election year for politics?

It's funny the hypocrisy you display. The Democrats can question elections, voting I.D. laws by calling them "Jim Crow on steroids", campaign that We need to pass voting rights act because the system is corrupt and the Republicans are racists that We need to save "democracy" and even attack the whole police system for politics and get power and get lots of money in donations but you only want Republicans to come out and admit they are wrong except your side. Don't you find your opinion hypocritical and 1 sided?

When is your party forcing Stacy Abrams in GA to admit she lied and was wrong after contesting an election with lies instead of treating her like Michael Jackson of the party?

Do you see your hypocrisy or you still 1 sided obsessed?

Old 08-06-2022, 09:26 AM

7,635 posts, read 8,705,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
It takes balls to stand up for the truth when you know it means death for her politically.
LOL. It doesn't take a ball to cooperate with the insurmountable powers to attack and persecute a lone target twice impeached.

It takes balls to be Trump.

It doesn't take a ball to call on your 81 year old daddy to campaign for you when double digit behind in the poll.

"know it means death for her politically"---You mean she knows serving her own self-obsession means going against her constituents.

Last edited by snowmountains; 08-06-2022 at 10:36 AM..

Old 08-06-2022, 11:46 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Dick Cheney knows Donald Trump very well.

https://www.aol.com/news/dick-cheney...200108439.html
Who cares what this father of a politician daughter about to be sent packing for good..... thinks about anything. Trump has his faults but at least he's not a war criminal.

Old 08-06-2022, 12:00 PM

18,012 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Dick Cheney knows Donald Trump very well.

https://www.aol.com/news/dick-cheney...200108439.html
It's no wonder the Cheney's hate President Donald J. Trump.

President Donald J. Trump destroyed the whole of the Halliburton-Bush-Cheney-Democrat Congress-love affair with war, infinite waste of money trying to do regime change, stealing oil for themselves and not giving a crumb to the American people, and treating our American War Veterans like scum.

Dick Cheney and his daughter are scum.

Now back to the notion of "Strange Bedfellows", do you democrats even remember when you hated the Bush-Cheney-Halliburton scandal? I guess not. I guess it got cancelled out by TDS, .

Next thread.

Old 08-06-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
It's no wonder the Cheney's hate President Donald J. Trump.

President Donald J. Trump destroyed the whole of the Halliburton-Bush-Cheney-Democrat Congress-love affair with war, infinite waste of money trying to do regime change, stealing oil for themselves and not giving a crumb to the American people, and treating our American War Veterans like scum.

Dick Cheney and his daughter are scum.

Now back to the notion of "Strange Bedfellows", do you democrats even remember when you hated the Bush-Cheney-Halliburton scandal? I guess not. I guess it got cancelled out by TDS, .

Next thread.

That's the whole fight. Liz Cheney was starting to take out the knife on Trump before 1/6. A few saw it. She was siding with Pelosi and some her in party from stopping Trump from deescalating the endless wars that her daddy and her worked so hard for years.

When Trump lost and 1/6th happened she (under orders and money) came out to make sure Trump and his doctrine in the party and politics is done. She doesn't care about Wyoming and the seat. Most of her money comes from outside of the state. She is getting millions of dollars.

This is what ultimately is about, a New World Order and globalism that has to do about energy and wars. A lot of money and power involved.

Old 08-06-2022, 12:51 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Then Dick Cheney defending torture and covering it up and that it was patriotic and American. That was the last straw. I knew he had to be impeached with his boss. Where was Liz Cheney? Working for daddy.
Actually, the interrogation was not torture.

Old 08-06-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Actually, the interrogation was not torture.

InterrogationS! If you want I can demonstrate the procedure being a Veteran but I would be violating the UCMJ and Geneva Convention laws as a soldier so that's why they outsourced it to civilian contractors and foreigners, mercenaries or what We call them "Freedom" fighters, our friends.

For the purposes of Geneva Convention, the term "torture" means any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed. Article 87, third paragraph, of the 1949 Geneva Convention III provides: “Any form of torture or cruelty is forbidden.”

Sorry, Dick and her daughter working for him are guilty of torture and that's just the start. We still got the invasion and droning civilians without due process. The list is long.

That's why I find funny the new discovery and love for the Cheneys from Democrats. You have anti-war Liberal Kevin Costner pretending to a be rancher with a cowboy hat campaigning for Liz. You can't make this up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkf55X4m0y4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies