Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 07:52 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,653,235 times

Advertisements

There is a recent trend among criminals to make one of their favourite places for victims cemeteries. While relatives decorate the graves of loved ones with flowers, criminals are busy robbing cars and even stealing the purses of those kneeled at graves! This after they have already robbed the graves of urns and other things that could be sold to scrap dealers. In some instances they rob the visitors themselves! The problem has got so bad in Detroit that relatives are moving the deceased out of the city! (You know your city SUCKS when the dead move out!)

Shrinking Detroit has 12,000 abandoned homes

“Suburbanites are taking the bodies of their relatives out of cemeteries because they’re afraid to come to the city,” Vogel said. “There are about 400 to 500 hundred (being moved) a year which shows you the depth of racism and fear.”

But it not limited just to big nasty places like Detroit:

Woman robbed at cemetery | Kansas.com (broken link)

Woman robbed at cemetery
BY JOE RODRIGUEZ
The Wichita Eagle
A man suspected of robbing an 81-year-old woman while she visited a Wichita cemetery Thursday remained at large Friday.

Wichita police say the woman, from California, was visiting the grave of a family member at Old Mission Mortuary and Cemetery near 21st and Hillside at about 1 p.m. when a man approached and asked for money to catch the bus to work.

Seems that criminals never run out of ideas for crime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 09:01 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,292,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
)

Shrinking Detroit has 12,000 abandoned homes

“Suburbanites are taking the bodies of their relatives out of cemeteries because they’re afraid to come to the city,” Vogel said. “There are about 400 to 500 hundred (being moved) a year which shows you the depth of racism and fear.”
Woman robbed at cemetery | Kansas.com (broken link)
Ok ok may be I amr truly dense, or a moron or just plain stupid..........but could some one tell this ole Okie just how a robbery or theft occuring at a cemetary can be turned into a "racism" comment????????????//
A thief is a thief is a thief...........

Old 05-25-2008, 09:17 AM

252 posts, read 387,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Ok ok may be I amr truly dense, or a moron or just plain stupid..........but could some one tell this ole Okie just how a robbery or theft occuring at a cemetary can be turned into a "racism" comment????????????//
A thief is a thief is a thief...........
Some groups like to find Racism in ANYTHING!

Old 05-25-2008, 10:03 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,593,393 times
Thanks for the timely warning, KevK.

Robberies at graveyards do not just occur in large cities......my friend went to place flowers at her mils grave and had her purse stolen from her car. She said that she didn't see anyone else at the cemetary -- she thought she was alone there (thank god they were only interested in her money!). By the time she got home and called the credit card company to report her card stolen, there were already thousands charged on her card.
So, be careful people! Ghosts are the least thing to be feared at the cemetary nowadays

Old 05-25-2008, 12:13 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,376,837 times
Racism has nothing to do with Detroit cemeteries. Detroit is a bad place they have tried to clean it up to no avail.
My grandfather worked in Detroit for over 50 yrs and hated it.
I could totally see how they would not want to go to anything in Detroit!

Old 05-25-2008, 12:40 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,653,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Racism has nothing to do with Detroit cemeteries. Detroit is a bad place they have tried to clean it up to no avail.
My grandfather worked in Detroit for over 50 yrs and hated it.
I could totally see how they would not want to go to anything in Detroit!
I agree. It is really ashamed that a once great American city has been reduced to what it is now. Once the 4th largest city in the USA is now nothing but a pile of rubble for the most part. But Detroit is not the only place where you can robbed in a cemetery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies