Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 01:28 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times

Advertisements

It was about power not the environment all along. They're trying to make something too big to fail but when it does ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 01:38 PM

7,334 posts, read 3,804,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Its alright.. No one can afford groceries much less EVs now. I dont see a charging station anywhere around for miles and miles either. And I'm seeing with this 15 percent tax on corps, they're gonna offset that somehow with massive layoffs. So no one will have jobs either to afford groceries or EVs
I live in Tesla central and there's nowhere near enough charging stations for even 10% EV adoption. They can barely handle the 5% or less they have now.

Old 08-08-2022, 01:43 PM

The climate crap will fall on it's own. The issue with this bill is the IRS, not just agents but the fact they want all sales over 600 dollars reported as well. That's a lot of record keeping and administrative bs they can leverage people on. Also more data for a government data base.

The IRS was always big data collector. They know where you bank, live, what you own, have your ss# and anytime one takes specific deductions they have even more data they can derive even more information from. This won't just be taxpayer and Irs data this will be shared or wind up in other government data bases and hands.

Old 08-08-2022, 01:53 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
The issue with this bill is the IRS, not just agents but the fact they want all sales over 600 dollars reported as well.

Can you explain?

I was unaware of this.

Old 08-08-2022, 01:55 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Can you explain?

I was unaware of this.
starting next year, the extra money you’ve been making on third-party marketplace apps like Amazon, eBay, Etsy or Facebook Market, may just get taxed.

The IRS is coming after anyone who receives over $600 in payments for goods or services processed by third-party payment apps like Paypal or Venmo.

“eBay, Venmo, Square, there are so many of them I can’t say them all,” tax preparer Larry Edwards told WWBT. “If you make $600 or more, you have to pay a self-employment tax.”

To be clear, most Americans will not receive a form for earnings gained in 2021, but everyday sellers who sell over the new threshold can expect a 1099K form in 2023.

Before 2022, the threshold to receive a 1099K form was $20,000 in sales and 200 transactions. Both requirements had to be fulfilled.

Edwards said small businesses should experience a minimal impact from the change, but now the IRS is treating anyone who sells over the new $600 threshold like a small business too.

https://www.nbc15.com/2022/02/23/new...ings-over-600/

Old 08-08-2022, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Can you explain?

I was unaware of this.
This is the law aimed at the cash economy or transactions involving collectibles. The Ebays of the world will have to provide you with a 1099 once you have over $599 in sales. You have a yard sale theoretically if you make over 600 that goes on a tax form. They want more out of the cash economy and other types of sales they don't pursue now.

Should add this might be the same legislation where they mandate banks report transactions over 600 as well. So if one is reimbursed with a check and you deposit it the IRS will probably consider it taxable income until they are told otherwise. Should not have to go through that.

Last edited by anononcty; 08-08-2022 at 02:23 PM..

Old 08-08-2022, 02:30 PM

10,480 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
This is the law aimed at the cash economy or transactions involving collectibles. The Ebays of the world will have to provide you with a 1099 once you have over $599 in sales. You have a yard sale theoretically if you make over 600 that goes on a tax form. They want more out of the cash economy and other types of sales they don't pursue now.

Should add this might be the same legislation where they mandate banks report transactions over 600 as well. So if one is reimbursed with a check and you deposit it the IRS will probably consider it taxable income until they are told otherwise. Should not have to go through that.
Absolutely, its been all about power. Remember Build Back Better when they put into law requirements for kill switches on peoples cars.

The 80,000 IRS Agents that will be added (larger workforce than the largest companies in the world), are going to be tackling everyone working in the gig economy. The people who are being targeted are the people doing doordash as supplementary income, the person who sells junk around their homes on facebook marketplace, etsy etc. The Gig economy has become a large enough threat to the Democrat Party that they need to ruin people independence, and put them back under control of the new globalist government, where you are required to obey what they say.

Old 08-08-2022, 02:39 PM

30,635 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
The whole idea of forcing EV's is a bit ridiculous. Nobody in Washington wants to address the power-grid or limitations on Green energy. Additionally, it's very prevalent that people don't want to buy EV's unless its a Tesla brand, which is a niche product.

Audi A3 eTron - Cancelled
Audi A8 E - Cancelled
BMW i3 - Cancelled
BMW i8 - Cancelled
Cadillac ELR - Cancelled
Chevrolet Spark EV - Cancelled
Chevrolet Volt - Cancelled
Ford CMax - Cancelled
Ford Fusion electric - Cancelled
Ford Focus electric - Cancelled
Honda Accord PHEV - Cancelled
Honda Clarity - Cancelled
Honda Fit EV - Cancelled
Hyundai IONIQ - Cancelled
Hyundai Sonata Ev - Cancelled
Mercedes B250e - Cancelled
Mercedes GLC 350e - Cancelled
Mercedes GLE 550 - Cancelled
Mitsubishi - iMiEV - Cancelled
Toyota Prius EV - Cancelled
Toyota Rav4 EV - Cancelled
Volkswagen eGolf - Cancelled
Tesla sold 936,222 cars in 2021, which was roughly 140k less than Mazda (which was the #15 best selling automaker in the world). If the automaker meets its goals of 1.5 million vehicles sold for 2022, it'll be comfortably in the top 15 automakers in the world based on 2021 figures: https://www.factorywarrantylist.com/...ufacturer.html Tesla may be many things, but niche is no longer one of those things. Only thing that seems to be holding Tesla back is the ability to meet demand, but as more factories come on line and productivity is increased at new plants, those numbers will continue to increase.

But, speaking more generally, I agree that folks generally aren't buying EVs unless they are Teslas (Tesla continues to hold a commanding lead in the EV production race year after year). From where I stand (and if I was to buy an EV, it would only be a Tesla for this very reason) that largely comes down to Tesla's supercharger network. I'm not buying an EV if I don't have a network of reliable, fast chargers throughout the country. All the talk of people driving only a certain number of miles a day is for naught for me as I am concerned about what if I want or need to drive more than that. Third party fast chargers have been inadequate and inconsistent from what I've read.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:51 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
I'm against building them anywhere.
We’ll there’s an open, looking to the future mindset….

Old 08-08-2022, 04:54 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Tesla sold 936,222 cars in 2021, which was roughly 140k less than Mazda (which was the #15 best selling automaker in the world). If the automaker meets its goals of 1.5 million vehicles sold for 2022, it'll be comfortably in the top 15 automakers in the world based on 2021 figures: https://www.factorywarrantylist.com/...ufacturer.html Tesla may be many things, but niche is no longer one of those things. Only thing that seems to be holding Tesla back is the ability to meet demand, but as more factories come on line and productivity is increased at new plants, those numbers will continue to increase.

But, speaking more generally, I agree that folks generally aren't buying EVs unless they are Teslas (Tesla continues to hold a commanding lead in the EV production race year after year). From where I stand (and if I was to buy an EV, it would only be a Tesla for this very reason) that largely comes down to Tesla's supercharger network. I'm not buying an EV if I don't have a network of reliable, fast chargers throughout the country. All the talk of people driving only a certain number of miles a day is for naught for me as I am concerned about what if I want or need to drive more than that. Third party fast chargers have been inadequate and inconsistent from what I've read.
My son just drove his Tesla from Boston to Nashville to visit grandparents, took three charges and added maybe six hours to the drive. The car has an app that tells him the nearest charging stations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies