Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How are you feeling about track the country is on right now?
Hopeless and feeling we're doomed and no way out at this point 33 30.28%
Ok - Things are going along just fine & I'm not really affected negatively or positively 16 14.68%
Happy, things are going great for me personally 10 9.17%
Sad but feeling hopeful that in 2024 a Republican president can get us out of most of this mess 50 45.87%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 09:17 AM

10,097 posts, read 7,763,936 times

Advertisements

How are you feeling these days about the country politically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2022, 09:23 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Right now I'm a little more hopeful. But ask me again in November, lol.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:28 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,350,606 times
FULL OF HOPE BECAUSE THE ADULTS ARE BACK IN THE ROOM AND JOE BIDEN IS AMAZING!

Haha. On a more truthful note, generally pessimistic about the future of our country. Party politics aside, I’m concerned about the negative consequences of the “Inflation Reduction Act” and worried that this will exacerbate inflation even more, which hurts all of us, regardless of our political views.

Even if it turns out to be the worst thing ever, Democrats will never be held accountable for it, and they know it.

But, I can’t do much about this other than to vote in November.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:47 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
OK.

If I have a political/societal direction in my life, it is to minimize how much politics and the larger society can possibly impact my life. After taking care of myself, my wife and our family, it's my major driving goal.

As a result, what goes on inside the Beltway, down in Columbus or at my town hall makes very little difference to my daily existence. I work pretty diligently to ensure that it doesn't.

Thus I am OK, because politics doesn't really affect me one way or the other. I control my positive and negative outcomes, not some idiot tyrant.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:25 AM

1,884 posts, read 1,002,405 times
I feel beholden to shareholders. Free in my own way, but I had to fight for it, "spiritually" speaking. Namely by mentally and occasionally physically separating myself from society.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:11 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
The people we elect don't actually work for us. They answer to corporations. We need to have term limits for all politicians, ban gerrymandering, and eliminate the two party system for this country to get back on track.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:20 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,549,026 times
Once again, another poorly conceived poll skewed to the originator's beliefs.

Frankly, as a long-standing Democrat, I'm disgusted with both sides and am hoping that there actually is a competent, adult LEADER out there somewhere that will stand up to both contending parties and put out a platform that is not pandering to the extreme on either side, and actually supports working Americans without trust funds. Sadly, so far all I see is crackpots, naysayers, and smart alecks.

I recall the days when citizens cared enough about their country and each other to pull together and work toward solutions. Where did all these lazy, jeering, do nothings come from?

Old 08-08-2022, 05:01 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
No vote in the poll for me.

Best answer is that I’m becoming resigned to what looks like the end of our Republic and Constitution. Things could get better OR they could get worse. What looked like Localized problems are becoming Systemic Problems.

When the Court Opinions are ignored, Judges and Supreme Court Justices attacked and they tell us that 1/2 the Country is in favor of that — we are on a serious downhill slide.
Criminals, even Murderers are set free, Police have Targets on their backs and it’s pretty clear there is a serious movement to destroy the Energy that drives our Economy.

We will have to wait and see, but I don’t feel very hopeful.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:04 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
When we had a failed coup attempt to try and subvert democracy in our country, it gives me pause that things can get better, especially since half the country didn't see anything wrong with it.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:07 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,797,332 times
My opinion is we no longer have system integrity. And when only one side is willing to use underhanded, strongarm tactics, that makes for a compromised result when it comes to "leadership." Another dose of the "leadership" we have right now and it will be fatal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies