Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2022, 10:30 AM

573 posts, read 260,334 times

Advertisements

Former professional basketball player turned ESPN analyst Jalen Rose took to social media last week to share his thoughts on Mount Rushmore.

'Jalen Rose' ~
???
Name is drawing a Blank...who is he and why should anyone who pays taxes listen to him?

https://cbs12.com/news/nation-world/...nba-basketball

Moron...reads a book from his favorite 'Dis-Historian' and thinks he's smart.

He can leave or better yet, do an Exchange for Brittany the LQBTQ female player.....i'd be up for that!

Old 08-08-2022, 10:37 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
He hosts Jalen and Jacoby - basically a podcast that ESPN now broadcasts... former NBA player... former U of Michigan Fab Five player.

Old 08-08-2022, 10:38 AM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
He has a low education level.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:03 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The First View Post
Former professional basketball player turned ESPN analyst Jalen Rose took to social media last week to share his thoughts on Mount Rushmore.

'Jalen Rose' ~
???
Name is drawing a Blank...who is he and why should anyone who pays taxes listen to him?

He can leave or better yet, do an Exchange for Brittany the LQBTQ female player.....i'd be up for that!

You should give his opinion exactly the same weight as you give any other non-expert's opinion.

He has a platform, he's using it. Good for him. Doesn't make him right, doesn't make him wrong.

Do you cheer when James Woods, Jon Voight or Clint Eastwood make public statements that are in keeping with conservative positions?

Old 08-08-2022, 11:05 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Meh. A big blow up of the words on someone on the C team of broadcasting.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:10 AM

573 posts, read 260,334 times
Does anyone watch ESPN ?
I turn them off or change the channel after their support of BLM and 'Da Woke consciousness'

'Yeh, Yeh, yeh....we be Woak' ~!

MAYBE THEY awoke from all the Dope they did in College ?

They're about as woke as the Pope at the Mount Sinai Synagogue ~

Old 08-08-2022, 12:38 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
His opinion, he's welcome to it.

Doesn't mean I have to pay any attention to it or give it any sort of merit.

But that is ESPN's brand. They have abandoned any pretense of just being a sports network and are totally in the business of political commentary using sports as the clickbait.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:43 PM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Quote:
Does anyone watch ESPN ?
I turn them off or change the channel after their support of BLM and 'Da Woke consciousness'

'Yeh, Yeh, yeh....we be Woak' ~!

MAYBE THEY awoke from all the Dope they did in College ?

They're about as woke as the Pope at the Mount Sinai Synagogue ~
I dont think anyone watches ESPN. Theyre the most expensive channel on the cable subscription and only a few let you remove it. ESPNs ratings come mostly from playing at bars, gyms or the safe option for playing at public venues.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:46 PM

16,580 posts, read 8,600,121 times
We was a punk, and what educational level does he think gives him the right to cancel anything great in American history.
Whatever it is, he does not possess it.

I and a decent number of my friends use to watch ESPN religiously. Now I never turn it on, as I wanted to watch sports analysis and the like, not fools espousing ideology and politics.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:51 PM

1,702 posts, read 782,522 times
Quote:

'Jalen Rose' ~
???

He’s one man with one opinion, just like you. He’s saying the term “Mount Rushmore” being used is offensive to Native Americans who were already here.

You can knee jerk react to it all you want “BLM, Civil Rights, WOKE WOKE WOKE, Wah wah wah, boo hoo”… This is America and people are free to express their opinions here. Maybe you’d like China or Russia a lot better, with little commissars on every corner telling you what to say, what to do, and what to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies