Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 10:30 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
From statisticians perspective the election win of Biden, is a near impossibility. The faults, crimes and irregularities need to be corrected so it doesn't happen again.
And I keep waiting to see the proof of that alleged fraud and it just never happens.

The basis of this sort of thing is simply anger. Trump supporters are mad that a seventy-eight year old man could cream their "beloved candidate" in an election. The truth is a large segment of this country was truly embarrassed by Trump. That embarrassment was compounded by the inept way he handled Covid 19.

Biden won the popular vote by 7 million + votes. Only someone of low intelligence who believes in fairy tales could believe that those votes were fabricated.

Last edited by markg91359; 08-09-2022 at 10:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 01:36 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I don't think that the issue with the 2020 election was the "counting" of the ballots. Rather, the issue was the VALIDITY of many of the ballots for a variety of reasons, none of which were adequately explored or investigated in detail.

Simply doing a recount of invalid ballots is not going to make them any more valid. It just seems that the officials/authorities in charge of elections were more interested in closing the matter than in opening a can of worms and doing a thorough investigation.

The mountains of evidence which would have rendered many of the ballots invalid and likely overturned the election was never given due consideration by the people or courts that mattered.
This is my view.

As far as I am concerned, no effective fraud investigation has been carried out. I'm not sure whether it could be investigated effectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Can you show us where these "mountains of evidence" can be found, please?
Not mountains - just one mountain. And it's only evidence, not proof. That is the lefts resistance to voter integrity laws and voter ID. If they had just gone along with the concept of eliminating any possibility of election fraud, everybody would have been satisfied. But they didn't and that rang all the alarm bells.

The other factor at play regarding possible election fraud in 2020 is the damage the left are doing to the United States. If the Dems were to just govern like a normal sane party would govern then everyone would have forgotten the whole thing. Why should it have mattered that much anyway? But as it turns out, it does matter. The Dems behavior in office is also evidence of something amiss in the 2020 elections. Ah! That makes it two mountains!

Old 08-09-2022, 01:43 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
It is frightening that there are so many people in this country that are so far detached from reality and have no idea how our system works.

Old 08-09-2022, 03:44 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
...Not mountains - just one mountain. And it's only evidence, not proof. That is the lefts resistance to voter integrity laws and voter ID. If they had just gone along with the concept of eliminating any possibility of election fraud, everybody would have been satisfied. But they didn't and that rang all the alarm bells...
Why does the GOP want the laws changed? Try asking yourself that.

Hint: It's because the folks that will not or will not be able to vote will be more D in number than R. That's it.

This is a solution in search of a problem - there is no appreciable voter fraud that has been discovered in ANY election in modern history. If it ain't broke, maybe you can keep your opponents away from the polls by "fixing it" anyway.

Step one - demonstrate there is a problem that needs fixing. Then we can talk about how to best fix it.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:27 AM

"A year ago, Wisconsin's speaker hired former state Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman to review the 2020 election. Last week, Gableman turned on Vos and endorsed his Republican primary opponent.

Vos just won, and he has some thoughts: '@repvos says Gableman is an embarrassment to the state of Wisconsin'.
"

https://twitter.com/patrickdmarley/s...391510529?s=20

Old 08-10-2022, 06:43 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
This is my view.

As far as I am concerned, no effective fraud investigation has been carried out. I'm not sure whether it could be investigated effectively.

Not mountains - just one mountain. And it's only evidence, not proof. That is the lefts resistance to voter integrity laws and voter ID. If they had just gone along with the concept of eliminating any possibility of election fraud, everybody would have been satisfied. But they didn't and that rang all the alarm bells.

The other factor at play regarding possible election fraud in 2020 is the damage the left are doing to the United States. If the Dems were to just govern like a normal sane party would govern then everyone would have forgotten the whole thing. Why should it have mattered that much anyway? But as it turns out, it does matter. The Dems behavior in office is also evidence of something amiss in the 2020 elections. Ah! That makes it two mountains!
Please define "effective fraud investigation". I admit I am very curious what you think that would be. It apparently does not include recounts headed by republican controlled offices who did full recounts and vote audits and concluded Trump lost both Arizona and Georgia. At some point, you have to call the election and simply move on. In 2016, Hillary conceded the election the next morning. Trump was too a much a child to do that.

I am also curious if you have plans for eliminating election fraud that don't keep millions of legally registered voters from voting. Protecting an election from fraud is one interest. Making voting easier for legally registered voters is another. Both interests must be balanced against each other and a happy medium reached.

"Damage the left are doing to the United States". Me thinks you spend most of your day watching Fox News and alternative right wing news programs. Tell me I am wrong.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:33 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Almost two years later and they are still wanting to change historical fact. Sad.
Perhaps they should concentrate on the future and future elections, instead of the futile attempt to change what never happened.

oh hell why not, dem voters want to murder USSC justices because they dont like rulings (and actually tried...)

fair becomes fair

Old 08-10-2022, 08:35 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Please define "effective fraud investigation". I admit I am very curious what you think that would be. It apparently does not include recounts headed by republican controlled offices who did full recounts and vote audits and concluded Trump lost both Arizona and Georgia. At some point, you have to call the election and simply move on. In 2016, Hillary conceded the election the next morning. Trump was too a much a child to do that.

I am also curious if you have plans for eliminating election fraud that don't keep millions of legally registered voters from voting. Protecting an election from fraud is one interest. Making voting easier for legally registered voters is another. Both interests must be balanced against each other and a happy medium reached.

"Damage the left are doing to the United States". Me thinks you spend most of your day watching Fox News and alternative right wing news programs. Tell me I am wrong.
By "effective fraud investigation" I was thinking in terms of vote harvesting. How does one investigate that? I would expect vote harvesting to be the most prolific form of cheating. Recounts only recount the same fraudulent ballots.

Dead people voting has been covered and only a few hundred dead folks actually made it to the polls apparently so that's not really an issue. But duplicate votes and votes from folks who had left the county are interesting. I was actually not aware of the extent of 'issues' when I posted.

I do know of a few forged ballots. Not many - one only hears of this directly from affected individuals. When a person turns up to vote in person and is told they had already voted by mail in ..... Things like that.

What to do about it? Voter integrity laws. Update voter registration and so on. It's really not difficult. I'll give you and example. I moved home. I did not update my voter registration. Then an election came up. I received a voter roll update form in the mail at my new address asking for confirmation that I had moved and that this was my new residence. All I had to do was go online and confirm. Then I received my voters number to make things easier to vote. I forgot to take it with me so they had to look me up. I got my ballot form, filled it in and deposited it in the ballot box. Of course I had to identify myself. I produced my drivers license and that was it. Notice that I hadn't updated my voters roll? I'm a taxpayer you see. I'm on their books. They have my email and my phone number. They send me a form, I receive it and respond by email which confirms that it is me. Then I produce my ID at the polls.

No-one has no ID. Or more precisely, no registered voter has no ID. No taxpayer has no ID. No benefit recipient has no ID. No prison inmate has no ID. No school pupil has no ID. And so on. So, no-one is inconvenienced when they go to vote. By the way, all the address update did was change my voting ward. It really is that easy. But no-one gets to vote if they are not a registered voter. And no-one gets to vote twice. And no dead people get to vote. That would be a bit difficult anyway since most people get cremated. But yeah, when my son died I received a letter from the state asking whether I needed any assistance. I did, they flew his body up to us. He got taken off the voters roll! (which is my point) I even got a call from the local health asking whether I needed counselling.

"Damage the left are doing to the United States". I'm sure you are well aware of what is going on. Unless you spend all your time watching CNN?

Please tell me you don't spend all your time watching CNN?

Last edited by 303Guy; 08-10-2022 at 08:44 PM..

Old 08-12-2022, 01:34 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"[i]A year ago, Wisconsin's speaker hired former state Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman to review the 2020 election. Last week, Gableman turned on Vos and endorsed his Republican primary opponent.

Vos just won, and he has some thoughts: '@repvos says Gableman is an embarrassment to the state of Wisconsin'.
Now Vos fired Gableman, he never should have been hired to do a one man partisan investigation. The judge held Vos in contempt as Gableman was destroying his records and never produced anything.

Both Vos and Gableman are an embarrassment and the taxpayers are out a few hundred thousand dollars for nothing.

Quote:
The firing of Michael Gableman capped a 14-month ride that began when Assembly Speaker Robin Vos hired him to look into the election under pressure from Trump. But as the probe progressed under bipartisan criticism, Vos' relationship soured with both Trump and Gableman.

Vos initially said he was “supremely confident” in Gableman's abilities. After his election win Tuesday, Vos called Gableman an “embarrassment to himself” and to the state. Gableman, who has repeated Trump's lie that the 2020 presidential election was “stolen,” has said that Vos “never wanted a real investigation.”

“After having many members of our caucus reach out to me over the past several days, it is beyond clear to me that we only have one choice in this matter, and that’s to close the Office of Special Counsel,” Vos said in a statement issued first to The Associated Press on Friday.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...2b909b11f55111

Old 08-12-2022, 03:36 PM

Ends the investigation right after the primaries you say?

Who would have seen that coming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies