Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2022, 01:17 PM

2,024 posts, read 1,313,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It is well beyond credibility that Trump was unaware of the existence of the documents - some of which were in his desk alongside his passports.
Which btw is why the FBI takes personal items when they are mixed with the objects the warrant is seeking.
It shows that person had custody of the objects being sought and implies knowledge of such
The warrant is written to allow that.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:24 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennan2323 View Post
Like I assumed, you, nor any of the other Trump defenders, will actually answer a question straight up without deflection.
Meh. Saying that there are few facts at this moment is not a deflection, it is the truth.

Why does someone wanting to know the truth upset you so much?

Quote:
So let's try this one: If, and a big if, right now Trump is indicted for stealing and possessing classified docs and the DOJ has proof of said docs are you going to still defend his actions?
Okay, I'll answer your conspiracy theory question. (conspiracy theory, since there are few facts at this time)

1. I've commented many times in this forum over the past 7 years, including over this past year, that IF Trump had committed wrongdoing, then he should be charged and let the chips fall where they may. If you'd paid attention then you'd already know this.

2. Why do you people always demand that those on the right must prove themselves to those on the left? You folks won't prove yourselves, and you people are rarely asked to prove it, but you folks always demand it of others.

3. This topic is not about me or anyone else on the right. Your questions asking us to prove how we feel, and your lame comments slamming us, are all OFF TOPIC and have absolutely no reason to be in this thread...this goes for all of your ilk.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:27 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
Which btw is why the FBI takes personal items when they are mixed with the objects the warrant is seeking.
It shows that person had custody of the objects being sought and implies knowledge of such
The warrant is written to allow that.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:29 PM

2,024 posts, read 1,313,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I'm saying *if*.

I'm glad you're so sure, but I'm not, that's why I'm asking a hypothetical.

At some point throwing out hypotheticals is just being obstructive to the conversation.

Sure, part of scientific discovery is generating a hypothesis, but before that there must be evidence or data gathered from which the hypothesis is is formed.
You shouldn't just make up stuff and then leave it to the rest of us to "prove me wrong".

Old 09-08-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You can argue that the boxes full of government documents in the storeroom were packed by other people.

You could further argue that Trump and his lawyers didn't realize there were still government documents in the remaining boxes all this time.

Those are all plausible excuses.

But pray tell *how* did classified documents get from these boxes into Trump's desk without him knowing?

Plus Trump has already confirmed he knew they were there when he publicly stated that wasn't how he stored them when he saw the picture taken in his office of the documents. I think we're well beyond the "no intent" stage.
But I CAN argue that there are few facts at this time. Anonymous sourced information is not facts, different media all reporting the same story is not facts.

Now, I'm sure that you can prove that those "classified documents" that had made their way from the boxes to his desk were actually classified?

You claim they are classified and I'm asking you to prove it. So, no deflections by you or anyone on the left who wants to jump in and use the standard pre-approved leftist talking point that this isn't about classified or it doesn't matter if they were classified or not.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:34 PM

494 posts, read 180,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Meh. Saying that there are few facts at this moment is not a deflection, it is the truth.

Okay, I'll answer your conspiracy theory question. (conspiracy theory, since there are few facts at this time)

1. I've commented many times in this forum over the past 7 years, including over this past year, that IF Trump had committed wrongdoing, then he should be charged and let the chips fall where they may. If you'd paid attention then you'd already know this.

2. Why do you people always demand that those on the right must prove themselves to those on the left? You folks won't prove yourselves, and you people are rarely asked to prove it, but you folks always demand it of others.

3. This topic is not about me or anyone else on the right. Your questions asking us to prove how we feel, and your lame comments slamming us, are all OFF TOPIC and have absolutely no reason to be in this thread...this goes for all of your ilk.
1. I don't follow your every word on this site. Sorry about that.

2. I'm not asking for anyone on the right to prove themselves. I'm asking Trump/MAGA people to explain what they would need to see in order to turn on him. Feel free to ask me anything you like that you would like me to prove.

3. I didn't slam anyone at all and if you feel that me asking a question is slamming you then I think you need to get a thicker skin. If I slammed you please show me an example. I would take it calling someone's comments lame as slamming someone actually.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:36 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
At some point throwing out hypotheticals is just being obstructive to the conversation.

Sure, part of scientific discovery is generating a hypothesis, but before that there must be evidence or data gathered from which the hypothesis is is formed.
You shouldn't just make up stuff and then leave it to the rest of us to "prove me wrong".
Huh? You didn’t follow the conversation.

I’m not asking for proof, I’m asking if Trump is *just* charged with obstruction but not any other crime, will they agree they were wrong.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
No attacks. Just sadness.

It's really sad when a person cannot admit they lost an argument but just keep digging.
Aww, you poor thing. But you still know that you cannot provide proof. oh well, moving on............

Old 09-08-2022, 01:37 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
You realize the NDI statute includes intent. They will have to show he intended to injure the US by having possession.

Talk to your anonymous sources and get back to us with what they have.
No, it doesn't, either.

Those are "or" operators in that statute, not "and" operators.

An example:

...Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States...

That could easily apply to Trump, if the government "has reason to believe" the information "could be used to the injury of the United States", he violated that statute.

Old 09-08-2022, 01:37 PM

494 posts, read 180,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Oh, and it is not a conspiracy theory, which does not make sense pertaining to my question, so please do not put words in my mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies