Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2022, 07:38 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Yet the lack of intent was the sole grounds for Hillary to skate.
Hillary was being investigated ON DIFFERENT CHARGES than Trump.

Intent is not needed for any of the three charges listed on the search warrant.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:41 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,572,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, it doesn't, because Trump demonstrably DID "...willfully and unlawfully conceal or remove...".

You don't have to show intent to do something if you can show the thing actually happened. You might want to get a refund on your law degree, counselor.

Except in the case of Hillary.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:41 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,286 times
Quote:

I cannot remember, was she being investigated for obstruction of justice, because I'd think breaking mobile phones with hammers then handing them over to the FBI qualifies. But maybe I need to get my JD from C-D university

Old 09-09-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I cannot remember, was she being investigated for obstruction of justice, because I'd think breaking mobile phones with hammers then handing them over to the FBI qualifies. But maybe I need to get my JD from C-D university
Feel free to search for the details you're after if your memory is failing you.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Except in the case of Hillary.
What is it about the concept of different charges/different statutes that, evidently, confuses you so?

Old 09-09-2022, 07:45 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,285,423 times
Quote:
legal matters do not rest on popularity consensus but on the actions of judges.

I'm still waiting for their formula on vast majority. They come up with 2/3 or 67% and don't know the total number to start with to get a %. They go by what the media tells them what is a vast majority like it's a consensus when this is all along to sway public opinion. That's why the DOJ leaks.

I mean, I will accept that the vast majority of legal experts in the MSM are against the judge ruling but they don't represent all the lawyers in the country or they represent all the opinions of judges. There is a big difference.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:50 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,286 times
Quote:
What is it about the concept of different charges/different statutes that, evidently, confuses you so?
The argument is why the Feds did not seek 793(e) against Clinton vs Trump. The Feds argued that Clinton did not 'intentionally' mishandle documents whereas Trump *may have* [under investigation].

How intent is interpreted here is obviously key. The weaker interpretation would be that HRC intended to move those classified documents to an inappropriate place. A stricter definition would be that HRC knew the law, and broke it anyways.

Comey, because he's in the pocket of the Clintons, chose the later, because it's very hard to prove. So he could dismiss those charges.

But you will pretend that did not happen.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:52 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,285,423 times
Quote:

What charges were listed on the search warrant? Hillary had classified information at her home which she destroyed under subpoena. I guess she needed intent to destroy classified information to be charged, it you do it by mistake you are home free. I guess Obama's DOJ needed her confession to admit her intent to indict her

Old 09-09-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
What charges were listed on the search warrant? Hillary had classified information at her home which she destroyed under subpoena. I guess she needed intent to destroy classified information to be charged, it you do it by mistake you are home free. I guess Obama's DOJ needed her confession to admit her intent to indict her
The search warrant is out there for public viewing - the statutes referenced have been posted multiple times in this very thread.

You're welcome.

Also, this thread isn't about Hillary.

Old 09-09-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
The argument is why the Feds did not seek 793(e) against Clinton vs Trump. The Feds argued that Clinton did not 'intentionally' mishandle documents whereas Trump *may have* [under investigation].

How intent is interpreted here is obviously key. The weaker interpretation would be that HRC intended to move those classified documents to an inappropriate place. A stricter definition would be that HRC knew the law, and broke it anyways.

Comey, because he's in the pocket of the Clintons, chose the later, because it's very hard to prove. So he could dismiss those charges.

But you will pretend that did not happen.
You'd have to ask Trump's DOJ why they didn't investigate for obstruction. "Lock her up!", remember?

The Director of the FBI cannot dismiss charges. That's 100% up to the US Attorneys. I think we've been down this road before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies