Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2022, 10:44 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Absolutely. I'm surprised you need to be told that stealing highly sensitive documents, with information that could prove to be detrimental to the country's national security if it falls into the wrong hands, is worse than attempting to cover up a break in at your opponent's headquarters.

You really couldn't figure that out by yourself?
How do you know what the information is, and that it could be detrimental? Is the FBI leaking to you

We can all agree if Trump

a) illegally held onto documents
b) that damaged national security
c) were recklessly stored or were kept to sell/espionage

Then Trump needs to do some time.

But the evidence for this is all but not existing.

What we have is that the FBI alleges they took a bunch of documents with classified markers. We don't know what's inside, if they truly damage national security, and if Trump had them illegally.

But graduates of C-D law school will say otherwise! Case is ironclad, Trump was selling our nuclear secrets to the Russians, why isn't he being executed yet

Old 09-09-2022, 10:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
How do you know what the information is, and that it could be detrimental? Is the FBI leaking to you

What we have is that the FBI alleges they took a bunch of documents with classified markers. We don't know what's inside, if they truly damage national security, and if Trump had them illegally.

But graduates of C-D law school will say otherwise! Case is ironclad, Trump was selling our nuclear secrets to the Russians, why isn't he being executed yet
Well, sure, you can't see the evidence with your head stuck in the ground. Nothing to see there but worms. However, if you pull your head out and look around there are actual pictures with evidence, showing--SHOCK AND SURPRISE!!!!--sensitive government documents!! At Mar-a-Lago!! And Trump hasn't denied it. We know that because he whined that they made a mess when they retrieved them.

So I guess Trump was lying when he said that, too, right?

I know, I know, it's scary to pull your head out of the ground. Not to worry, though, the rest of us aren't so self-impaired.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Well, sure, you can't see the evidence with your head stuck in the ground. Nothing to see there but worms. However, if you pull your head out and look around there are actual pictures with evidence, showing--SHOCK AND SURPRISE!!!!--sensitive government documents!! At Mar-a-Lago!! And Trump hasn't denied it. We know that because he whined that they made a mess when they retrieved them.

So I guess Trump was lying when he said that, too, right?

I know, I know, it's scary to pull your head out of the ground. Not to worry, though, the rest of us aren't so impaired.
Until someone shows me the documents, or the very least discloses their contacts (via redactions) and how it compromises national security, all I saw were a bunch of cover pages with classified markers on them.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:52 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
In all your blind outrage it seems you missed this part:

"For ease of reference and because materials
marked as classified (and papers physically attached to them) must be treated as classified
until determined otherwise, this motion refers to records bearing classification markings as
“classified records"

In other words, the documents are classified until Trump proves otherwise. Since he never told anyone or even changed their markings, good luck with that.

The notion that Trump declassified HUMINT and SIGINT data without telling a soul and without even bothering to change the classified markings, then stored them in an insecure area is a joke. The material still threatens human life and international secrets that our nation keeps. No American patriot would support such treason.

And even if they were proved to be unclassified, there are still PLENTY of criminal charges that still apply to this whole Mar a Lardo train wreck.
I'd previously posted a link for the memo that Trump had sent to the AG, CIA director and the DNI regarding the declassification of those documents.

But since the feds didn't seem to notice or care that such highly sensitive classified material was missing for 18 months, then they may have problems finding that memo. IF that memo was sent then it's likely Trump has a copy of it, unless that copy was in with the other things that were taken. It's likely those offices that received the memo still have their copies, unless Garland seized them too. This will probably come out if he's charged and there's a court hearing.

Quote:
In summary, there are no anonymous sources being used here. All the information I'm providing comes straight from the DOJ.
"No anonymous sources being used here"
You were laughing when you typed that, eh?
This thread is full of unproven anonymous sourced drivel. It's all the left has had over the past 6+ years.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:59 AM

23,563 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Nixon did a lot more than simply try to keep his tapes private. Nixon had no choice but resign. They had the votes to remove him. Impeachment is a political process not a legal process.

I don't see Trump pleading guilty at all. So you have a trial. The trial of the century. And riots, etc.
Yes, I can see blm antifa rioting, to intimidate the judge and jury like they'd done in the past.

Old 09-09-2022, 10:59 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:

They ARE doing a damage assessment based on the classified documents they recovered, so we do know they recovered classified documents. Even that inexperienced Judge Cannon acknowledged that the damage assessment could proceed, so she is also acknowledging that classified documents were retrieved from MarALago.

And yes, Trump had them illegally. Did you miss the part of not being allowed to take classified documents home?

Old 09-09-2022, 11:04 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Until someone shows me the documents, or the very least discloses their contacts (via redactions) and how it compromises national security, all I saw were a bunch of cover pages with classified markers on them.
Yes, the DOJ will get right on that. Are you paying attention, DOJ? AfricanSunset NEEDS TO SEE THE DOCUMENTS!

Let us know when that happens.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Yes, the DOJ will get right on that. Are you paying attention, DOJ? AfricanSunset NEEDS TO SEE THE DOCUMENTS!

Haha....ha.

Just answer this, you said they damaged national security, how do you know? Unless the FBI is leaking into your ear

Old 09-09-2022, 11:07 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude514 View Post
yes, the doj will get right on that. Are you paying attention, doj? Africansunset needs to see the documents!

lol.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:07 AM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
The guarantee that DJT got from the Raid:
He guaranteed a continued Federal SS protection AND Federal FISA court surveillance.
He probably guaranteed that same FISA surveillance on DJ jr, & his spouse, Eric & his spouse, Melania, Avana, Jared, and maybe Tiffany. This is gonna be expensive to the taxpayer.
YTMV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies