Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2022, 06:07 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,061,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Trump segment starts @ 2:00. Radio silence from Trump, his children, and everyone around him.

The plot thickens...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wduhgudI7-4

the QAnon-verse thinks it's because of his long-awaited reinstatement

Old 09-12-2022, 06:17 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
I'm bored of this thread and removing it from my watch list.
There are really only a couple of questions every American needs to ask themselves:
1) Can DJT keep a secret?
2) Do you trust DJT to have a secret?
KISS principal.
YSMV
I could need to make couple of comments.
Thanks for the "likes"
The determination if DJT can keep a secret is on every American.

The alternative of choice is whether the National Secrets, are no longer a secret... IOW, have been "declassified"?
DJT can only prove this argument, by revealing what the Documents contain and then let public opinion decide. He can be off the hook, if he does what he says it is.
Easy Peasy.
YPMV

thats all folks.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:37 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
I'm literally at a lost.

I was for President Nixon back in 1972. I was too young, by one year, to vote for him, but I went to his rally in Fort Worth.

By the summer of 1974, I realized that he was corrupt, and so rejoiced when he resigned.

Today? No matter how corrupt Mr. Donald Trump is proven to be, his 'supporters' uphold him.

Why? Because they think he is the 'great White Hope?"

That is all I can think of.

Even Mr Trump has apparently admitted that he stored documents, that he was not supposed to have, at a country club. Yet, we have people defending him.

They try to scream "Hillary", but ignore the evidence concerning Mr. Trump.

Hillary Clinton is long out of government, and there is nothing to suggest that she took classified documents with her. Yet, we have ample evidence, from Mr. Trump's own filings, that he did.

Why defend him? Because on that June 2015 day when he came down the escalator and said that Mexicans are rapists?

Look at his followers. When Biden speaks, does he have people waving the Nazi flag? Or the flag of the Confederacy? Or trying to sell such?

It's an old saw, but to determine where a politician stands, look at his or her supporters.

Old 09-12-2022, 07:21 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,544 times
Why is the DOJ so weak? The law is on their side, yet Garland lets Trump waste time and create dangerous precedent.

Is Garland overly cautious, or does he secretly support Trump?

Old 09-12-2022, 07:28 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If he had declassified them then he would know that and would have asserted it. He's being nebulous in saying that the government has not shown that they are classified. It's actually up to him to prove he declassified them. My money is on he hasn't.

Old 09-12-2022, 07:41 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Who says? Declassifying documents is a protocol, and what law says the president needs to follow those guidelines?
Hmm. Perhaps he didn't. Do you think President Biden reclassified them with the power of his mind and didn't tell anybody? I mean, you appear to hold the belief that the President thinking really hard about something is binding.

Old 09-12-2022, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
JMO.
Not looking good. Probably too late for our National Defense and National Security.
Putin took what he thought was good first strike move against a sovereign nation, and is now losing badly. His recourse is not looking good for anyone.

DOJ, only needs 1 document to prosecute with surety. Special Master Screener, can declare just 1 document to be a National Secret. And each document can be tried separately.
Heads are/have rolling in the various agencies/functionaries in the WH, who provided the documents or where asked to retrieve the documents but didn't.
Heads are going to roll in the previous administration, who saw the documents in Mar-a-Lago
The H-2B people are going to be tracked down and questioned. Just 1, will be enough.
What's making DJT look bad is that he had the documents; there may be more documents;
Bedminster, Trump Towers, are going to be rolled, as crime scene.

YDMV
I wonder why they didn't do that all in the day.

Old 09-12-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
but what if trump magically declassified them with a thought? Then nara would have no idea, and trump can totally do that - it's 100% legit. I read it here.
:d

Old 09-12-2022, 07:46 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Stall, stall, stall
Until after the midterms and praying for a GOP sweep there
And apparently they are trying the same stall in the NY state care against the Trump companies
The Judge in that case was very unhappy that after a month of waiting the Trump attorneys (defense) have not turned over their list of witnesses with what issues they will speak to as material to the case
The Judge also said he did not want any references to this prosecution brought because of Trump’s political life—not at all…or that it was a “special case” because it is not

Too bad there was not a judge like that for the MarALago case—
Oh—I forgot—there was one—the original who issues the warrant to search
He was kicked to the curb when Trump went shopping for a more receptive judge—and got one/Cannon

Of course the judge in NY has been on bench lot longer than Cannon…and this is a case that is going forward with a prime witness for the prosecution—
Hope it makes Court TV

Old 09-12-2022, 07:47 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Hmm. Perhaps he didn't. Do you think President Biden reclassified them with the power of his mind and didn't tell anybody? I mean, you appear to hold the belief that the President thinking really hard about something is binding.
The idea of Trump thinking “hard” about anything is oxymoronic…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies