Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2022, 07:43 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
He actually can do that. If you want to believe Trump can declassify all those documents without telling anyone. Goes both ways.
I'd never once said that, but since it's what the TDS crowd is constantly saying then obviously it's you and the rest of the TDS crowd who are the ones that believe it. Now off you go, rush to the leftist media to get your next talking point.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:48 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I'd never once said that, but since it's what the TDS crowd is constantly saying then obviously it's you and the rest of the TDS crowd who are the ones that believe it. Now off you go, rush to the leftist media to get your next talking point.
LOL. Not a leftist. But I get insulted by both sides. I like that. I did not say you said that only that if you believe that is how it goes then the rules go both ways.

Personally I go by the notion that there is a process even the POTUS has to follow. If that makes me a leftist to you, so what. I have been called worse things by better people.

Old 09-14-2022, 08:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Bingo

Old 09-14-2022, 08:10 PM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Trumps lawyer who signed the all clear memo in June, Christina Bobb, has now hired her own defense lawyer. You can’t make this stuff up.

Old 09-14-2022, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trumps lawyer who signed the all clear memo in June, Christina Bobb, has now hired her own defense lawyer. You can’t make this stuff up.

How does one decide to represent Trump and has to be aware of all the lawyers who have screwed their lives up representing him. And then you blindly sign a document that if false will screw up your life. How does that happen?

Old 09-14-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
LOL. Not a leftist. But I get insulted by both sides. I like that. I did not say you said that only that if you believe that is how it goes then the rules go both ways.

Personally I go by the notion that there is a process even the POTUS has to follow. If that makes me a leftist to you, so what. I have been called worse things by better people.
I didn't say you were a leftist. TDS is not an affliction of only the left, usually it affects those who believe the leftist media without question, as you do.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I didn't say you were a leftist. TDS is not an affliction of only the left, usually it affects those who believe the leftist media without question, as you do.
As I said I don't follow the leftist media. I like libertarian oriented opinion and news. I am fine with Trumps' policies. You have a right to say whatever you want. Even if its wrong.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 09-14-2022 at 09:11 PM..

Old 09-14-2022, 09:33 PM

Quote:
As I said I don't follow the leftist media. I am fine with Trumps' policies. You are wrong on this. You have a right to say whatever you want. Even if its wrong.
uh huh, sure. You ignore what the media likes to downplay and believe without question the red meat that they push. Honestly, I don't know which is worse, the ignoring or the unquestioning belief by the TDS crowd. sad.

Old 09-14-2022, 11:09 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
You are puzzled why people don't agree with you about Trump.

Cognitive dissonance is painful, so people manufacture reasons to ignore that facts. They need an escape.

In other words people with cognitive dissonance would prefer to lie to themselves, or find someone (like a television personality) to lie to them. So they shop around for the media outlet which will tell them what they want to hear.

You think that the reason others don't agree with you is "the media" they choose to consume ... but most people aren't like that.

Most people aren't reality shopping, they accept the world as it really is and adjust their thinking to reflect reality.

In other words, it is not necessary to shop around for a media outlet that tells us what we want to hear. All we need are the facts, and we can make up our own minds.

You will go on and on blaming "the media" for why people think of Trump as a con artist and a criminal, instead of blaming Trump.

"Your reputation is in the hands of others. That's what the reputation is. You can't control that. The only thing you can control is your character."
Wayne Dyer

Old 09-14-2022, 11:39 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
interesting quote I found-
I think it applies as we await the Judges ruling:

" To quote former United States President Theodore Roosevelt: "No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right, not asked as a favor." The judges who administer justice in our countries must be seen as ethical and subject to meaningful correction when it is necessary. Nothing less than the rule of law is at stake."

Bolded part : oddly the defendant is asking the courts to not obey the law and to side with them(Show favor) in the mist of an investigation. I seriously have yet to find any case law that grants the JUDGE this privilege to OBSTRUCT/HALT an investigation and side so favorably on a shaky brief as rendered by the Trump lawyers.

When we halt the "PUBLIC's Security and side with the trump team on this specific matter. We have lost LAW and order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies