Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2022, 12:53 PM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So who did appoint him, then?

BTW - Thank you. If you are attacking me, I know you have no facts left to refute anything I say. You just told me you are out of ammunition.
Here is the information provided again on this thread, for the ***eighth*** time. Please read slowly and carefully:

Quote:
The position and authority of magistrate judges was established in 1968. By federal law, magistrate judges must meet specified eligibility criteria, including at least five years as a member in good standing of a state or territory’s highest court bar. They must also be vetted by a merit selection panel that consists of lawyers and non-lawyers from the community. By majority vote of the U.S. district judges of the court, magistrate judges are appointed for a renewable term of eight years. In addition, there are a small number of part-time magistrate judges who serve four-year terms.

The number and location of magistrated judges is determined by the Judicial Conference of the United States.
Link: https://www.uscourts.gov/judges-judg...2Dyear%20terms

A majority of the U.S. district judges of the Southern District of Florida appointed Reinhard. NOT Trump.

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The computer repairman had evidence, called the FBI, and they never returned his call. To get the FBI to come pick up the evidence, the guy had to get the media and Giuliani involved...then the FBI finally woke up.

The FBI brass is corrupt now, and hopefully they'll all be out of a job come Nov 9th.
The NYP and Giuliani? Together??? Wow. Just "Wow." The things you learn on C-D.

The FBI probably didn't take his call because they knew he was a crackpot. They field thousands of calls every year from people who are a half bubble off level. They almost didn't take Steele's call about the "Dossier", but he gave them info they already had in a folder from another source.

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You're assuming the FBI followed the law. Why would they start now?
Can you imagine the howling that would be coming from Trump and his lawyers right now if they hadn't gotten a copy of the warrant? No one, not Donald or his lawyers, are claiming this.

Grasp at those straws....

Old 08-09-2022, 12:54 PM

23,474 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't believe a judge would be stupid enough to issue a warrant, nor the DOJ or FBI be stupid enough to go to Mar-a-Lago if they didn't have proof of wrongdoing.

And no, he didn't return those things. He's been asked repeatedly for months. And no, I can't prove anything. That will be left up to the DOJ and FBI. I'm sure they have dotted their i's and crossed their t's.
They were returned in Jan, 2022.

Quote:
The National Archives and Records Administration last month retrieved 15 boxes of White House records that had been sent to former President Donald Trump’s resort-home Mar-a-Lago instead of the National Archives as required by law, the agency said Monday.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/07/nati...ar-a-lago.html

Shipping snafu? Maybe.

The article goes on to say:

Quote:
Prior administrations have had Presidential Records Act violations, and past presidents have had to return items that were taken after leaving the White House. But one person familiar with the transfer of boxes out of Mar-a-Lago told the Post that the National Archives “has never had that kind of volume transfer after the fact like this.”
Yes, 15 boxes is a lot, but it's also possible that the wrong shipping labels were attached to the boxes. Besides, does it really matter if it's 15 boxes or 1? Where were the FBI raids for the other presidents who'd taken things, maybe even classified material, after they'd left office???

Someone else in here has been saying that the FBI had done a sweep of Trump's place in June, probably to make sure everything had been returned. I haven't been able to verify that so far, but I do think I remember it happening.

Old 08-09-2022, 12:55 PM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
OK, I agree with you 100%. But I have a question:

What do you say to the people who say "but Hillary" (The deleted emails, the classified information, blah blah blah.) That say "but Hillary did the same thing, and they let her get away with it."

I know all the Hillary stuff was unsubstantiated, which is why it never went anywhere, but how do you convince someone who refuses to look at truth?

That's going to be a real issue, ESPECIALLY if Trump is found guilty of more grifting. We've already seen, when Trump gets caught in a lie, his base doubles down, and destroyes America. So I think it's good to have an answer for that. A simple answer, that low-information people can read in a soundbite, because that's all they "might" be willing to do.

What do you say to the "Whadabout Hillary" crowd?
Whataboutism is when a person doesn't have core values and is simply attempting to justify behavior based on who did it.

Old 08-09-2022, 12:55 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Can the Archive have copies, or know where an item is kept under strict control?

IIRC, they have been trying to get these paper since inauguration day.
That’s part of the point here that nobody wants to talk about, probably because it requires two brain cells to process the thought, which all of the brilliant liberal minds here seem to be lacking.

There are all sorts of issues here … not just who owns or controls these documents. How about chain of custody? If someone tries to claim Trump illegally took documents, they would have to first prove that HE actually took them, and not just that he didn’t have the right to have them. The first would be impossible to prove, unless it could be proven that Trump ordered someone to specifically take those documents in question. Chain of custody … obviously Trump isn’t packing and moving boxes personally. He has staff that handle the labor of moving, right?

The second issue here is all of this hype about “classified documents”, as if the president of the United States isn’t cleared to handle classified documents. What a brain dead thing is this? The president has the power to classify AND declassify documents.

Thirdly, what is the critical nature of these specific documents that require a raid? Are they containing some crucial national security information they suspect Trump was planning to secretly give the Rooskies?

It’s obvious what is going on here. And the numbskulls who cheer this demonstration of a third world dictatorship are just idiots.

Old 08-09-2022, 12:56 PM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Have Trump release the warrant. If it's a nothing burger he could be vindicated.

But of course, he won't. He wants all his minions to have pity for him and be outraged lol

Old 08-09-2022, 12:56 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You're assuming the FBI followed the law. Why would they start now?
You are assuming Trump followed the law and this is political. And I believe the FBI followed the law for reasons stated below.

What I assume is that Garland went to a federal judge, presented why he needed a search warrant and was granted one. And I assume they left a copy of the warrant and a list of what was taken at Mar a Lago. Trump's lawyers can call the feds or even the judge and get more details. If they failed to follow the rules I would assume that the evidence the gathered could not be used against Trump whoever they are after. So I don't think they would do that.

So Trump saying he does not know why they were there is lying.

Old 08-09-2022, 12:57 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Why is the rabbit unafraid of the panther?

Old 08-09-2022, 12:58 PM

962 posts, read 540,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That happened to me every day for over forty years. I am so glad i was never important.
"First they came for Trump, but I did not speak out because I do not hide confidential presidential records in my home"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies