Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2022, 01:39 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,963,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Crock o’ bs. They talked about impeaching Trump before he was ever elected. Neither party wanted him. He was a career politician/political *ss kisser.

This is clear abuse of power. Convince anyone that you don’t know that.
*Wasn’t

Old 08-09-2022, 01:39 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57
So if I understand you, DeSantis should have requested the NG to do what? Storm Mar-A-Lego? Wait until the Feds left for lunch then move in? Set up a perimeter to fence in the FBI? How exactly would that work?

Spoiler: It wouldn't work.

Quote:

It would not work because the POTUS has the authority to order the NG in cases of upholding federal law. If DeSantis tried to use them to stop the FBI to enter Mar a Lago. Biden could order them to stand down.
DeSantis has political aspirations to be President someday, calling in the National Guard to wage war with the FBI,
would pretty much eliminate that....plus land him in Federal Prison.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:40 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Here is what i heard on two news reports on tv - there is a law that says if a president takes documents that are supposed to be archived in the National Archives, that is considered a crime. If a person is found guilty of that crime, they CANNOT be president.

Thats why they're trying this tactic against Trump.

Ironically IF they prevail, the stupid teeny tiny archivist would be the one who takes down President Trump.

I dont think they will prevail, but this is the latest tactic in finding a way for Trump to NEVER be a 2nd term president.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:40 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
CNN analyst just stated if this is just about archival records, Trump won the 2024 election.
I guess if CNN says so. Lol.

I actually agree with what CNN said. But my hunch is its something else.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:41 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You know nothing of the sort. Clinton destroyed 30,000 emails associated with an event that culminated in the murder of a US Ambassador, using an unapproved and unsecured private server she used precisely to keep this information from being located on government servers she wouldn’t have control over to destroy. She and her staff also destroyed (with hammers) cell phones, which she lied under oath about the existence of such devices. And her staff used Bleachbit to wipe the server clean so that the destroyed emails couldn’t be recovered.

None of that is denied. FBI Director Comey tacitly admitted that fact by testifying before congress that the FBI chose not to refer the matter to the DOJ for criminal prosecution because he felt they couldn’t prove the “intention” to break the law, as if that brain dead claim has an iota of rationality. No, destroying emails, wiping servers clean, and smashing cell phones with hammers doesn’t show intention, does it?

But the ugly underside to this event was not the Benghazi debacle, but the reality that this unprotected and insecure server was insecure and hackable DELIBERATELY. WHY? Plausible deniability. This was Clinton’s classified drop box that foreign entities could access to retrieve the information they purchased with donations (payoffs) through the Clinton Foundation. Pay to play.

This is modern day espionage and high treason, selling classified information to foreign assets, while not needing to use those old school Cold War methods that include dark alleys and raincoats and document-money exchanges which exposes the crooks to being discovered.

Just send the payola to the foundation, and pick up your information from the server that a child could hack. That’s what was going on there, and explains why that information, and any device that may have contained any traces needed to be wiped clean or destroyed.
But didn't DJT have a server at Mara Largo? Didn't he spread out secret documents on the tables while others were present, and didn't his Secret Service detail delete texts about the 1/6 debacle? Are you saying that he was as guilty as Hillary?

^This is why I was not asking people like you. We DO know that the 30k emails were basically just nothing more than file clean-up. You were fed the lie that they were some kind of special secrets, but you already knew it was nothing. (If there was proof that it was something else, she'd be in the situations DJT is in right now).

Anyway, I was asking people how to respond to people like you. How do you refute people that believe what is quoted above. It's a great example. "Send the payola" and "a server a child could hack". LMAO

Old 08-09-2022, 01:44 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
This raid is no political parlor trick. It behooves the democrats nothing to send in the FBI unless they had proof of Trump wrongdoing. If Trump has indeed removed Top Secret papers from the White House he needs to go to prison. It doesn't matter whether you like him or hate him. This is some serious stuff going on.

People need to calm down and wait for the evidence to come in.
Gosh, why would you want to ruin some peoples' opportunity to figuratively tear their hair out and threaten to wreak total vengeance against any who question the veracity of Der Leiber Leader?

Old 08-09-2022, 01:48 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Now Trump. Reverse the sentiments. We on the left are told, told, told about all this crime the guy is doing or did, and we've waited... But the difference is, the evidence they had was put on display.

Those who are guilty must be investigated, and if there is proof, indicted, arrested, tried, sentenced. We must have rule of law. And I definitely want it to be fair. If I had at any point been shown a mountain of compelling evidence and there had been warrants and proceedings and so on to establish a solid case of criminal misconduct on the part of Hillary (or Obama or Biden or anybody) then I want that person to DO TIME. But it will have to go beyond hand written affidavits on notebook paper and claims made on chan forum sites or comments made when not under oath. It's got to meet the bar for EVIDENCE.
It escapes me how you can suggest a lack of evidence against Clinton, since the evidence of her criminal conduct was verified and eventually admitted. The destruction of 30,000 emails … the destruction of dozens of cell phones with hammers, the cleaning of the server with special software to make retrieval of the destroyed documents impossible …. All of that was proven to have been done. The Director of the FBI simply claimed that they chose not to prosecute because of the extraordinary claim they couldn’t prove the intent to break the law, as if all of those deliberate actions to destroy the data doesn’t show intention

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar, and if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, chances are, it’s a freaking duck

Old 08-09-2022, 01:48 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
CNN analyst just stated if this is just about archival records, Trump won the 2024 election.
I wonder if some of the burner phones used to plan Jan 6 are in those boxes. Hmmm.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:50 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It would not work because the POTUS has the authority to order the NG in cases of upholding federal law. If DeSantis tried to use them to stop the FBI to enter Mar a Lago. Biden could order them to stand down.
Also, right at the top of the list is why would DeSantis tank his Presidential hopes for a guy that lost the popular vote in every election he's been in and (other than his 30% die hards) most Americans would just rather see go away entirely? Not exactly the recipe for a win in 2026.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:52 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I guess if CNN says so. Lol.

I actually agree with what CNN said. But my hunch is its something else.
Yep. I think this is about a lot more than whether the documents were sitting on his bedroom floor or in the National Archives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies