Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 09:14 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
A crime is a crime is a crime.

So what you're saying is that these Democrat posters have consistently said that Biden, Hunter, Hillary, Pelosi, Swalwell, Fauci, Birx, etc. have committed crimes or crimes against humanity. They all think they should go to jail?
If they are found guilty in a court of law, then yes they should pay the fine or go to jail as appropriate to the crime.

Have any of them been taken to court?

Old 08-10-2022, 09:14 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How does anyone know he didn't declassify all of it before he left office?

Furthermore, as Yale Law correctly states, POTUS has wide discretion on how the PRA is implemented AND the PRA has no enforcement mechanism whatsoever. The FBI raid is totally illegal and illegitimate if it was based on either classified documents or supposed PRA documents.
He may have declassified things before he left office, but if it's not in writing it didn't happen.

If the markings on the document were not changed to reflect they were no longer classified then they remain for all practical and legal purposes classified until someone proves otherwise.

What a mess.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:16 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Pretty good sign for our democracy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ge-agents.html
The judge that signed off on the search warrant is big $$$ donator to the DNC.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:16 AM

37,180 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Mute means silent
Damned homonyms ruin everything.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
The judge that signed off on the search warrant is big $$$ donator to the DNC.
A thousand bucks is a life changing sum of money.

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What an incredibly crappy 24 hours for Donald Trump

Yesterday, his private residence was raided by the FBI.

This morning, Trump lost the final appeal to keep his taxes hidden from House Democrats.

And we're learning that yesterday (it was overshadowed by the Mar a Lago raid) that a real estate company handed over 36,000 pages of financial documents on all of Trump's properties to the New York Attorney General.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...rob-rcna42023?

I heard he plans to appeal.

Doesn't mean any court above that one will agree to lkisten,

13,957 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
“Can you make the same statement?” Was the question. Care to answer?
I have been entirely consistent, because I consistently hate ALL government, all politicians and all of their faceless bureaucrat toadies.

There is a legal basis for this raid on Mar-A-Lago. I totally accept that. And I have said countless times that if Trump is suspected of a crime, then charge him, prosecute him, afford him every last ounce of due process and legal fairness, and if found guilty beyond reasonable doubt by a jury of peers, then sentence him according to the laws as written and passed.

Gotcha, 100%.

But I said the exact same thing about every shady broker of classified info since I was old enough to be politically aware. I bet if I search, I can find where I said the Wiki Leaks guy did in fact do us all a great service, but did so in knowing and willful violation of a ton of federal security laws that he (like Hillary) read, acknowledged and signed off on, and he should have been charged, prosecuted, afforded due process and then when his inevitable guilty verdict was handed down, sentenced to the max allowable punishment.

My anger at this Mar-A-Lago thing is not based on law enforcement doing a search and seizure pursuant to a warrant. It is based on two things:
  • The accused and/or his representation were not allowed to witness the search/seizure of his property, which violates his 4th Amendment protections, while also creating every opportunity for mischief on the part of the accuser, who has a verified, observable history of fabricating, falsifying and planting evidence on this particular individual.
  • The same zeal for investigating/prosecuting suspected crimes related to the handling and/or storage of classified materials does not exist if the suspect is a registered Democrat with any sort of national name recognition, which makes our Department of Justice and FBI both glaringly partisan and politically motivated in the discharge of their duties.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:21 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
You're delusional. If ANYONE takes classified documents and mishandles them, takes them HOME or otherwise creates a security threat, they need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Remember Hillary's emails? Pretend Hillary took classified documents home and act like that when the fascist Trump does the same.
Listen, I’m going to explain the huge differences …. first, we don’t even know the nature of these documents Trump is supposed to have mishandled, or that the FBI even found these alleged documents.

By contrast, we know Clinton’s emails involved the murder of a US Ambassador. That is already an entirely different ball game, even you should be capable of seeing through the thick bias. But it also involved deeper issues connected to the Ambassador’s murder, insofar as the secret and illegal weapons trafficking channeled through Benghazi, most likely coordinated by Stevens, at the direction of Clinton, to terrorists attempting to overthrow the Syrian government.

You sit there and try to paint this fraud being perpetrated against Trump, which is just the most recent fraud in a long series of the same over the past 5 years, with what amounts to the most crooked and criminal human being ever to infest the halls of our government, and her extreme criminality involving Benghazi, and an entire host of possible crimes, none the least of which is running an espionage operation out of the US State Department, SELLING classified information, and receiving payoffs through the Clinton Foundation.

My personal opinion is, and this is based on Clinton’s refusal to provide Ambassador Stevens the additional security he repeatedly pleaded for, and the failure of nearby forces to respond to the embassy’s SOS for help when under attack, seems to indicate that he was just a loose end in the illegal weapons trafficking in support of terrorists, and either deliberately allowed to be murdered, or perhaps it was a planned covert operation conducted by assets on the ground. Dead men reveal no secrets.

Don’t you dare try to compare Clinton and Trump. Instead, educate yourself.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I have been entirely consistent, because I consistently hate ALL government, all politicians and all of their faceless bureaucrat toadies.

There is a legal basis for this raid on Mar-A-Lago. I totally accept that. And I have said countless times that if Trump is suspected of a crime, then charge him, prosecute him, afford him every last ounce of due process and legal fairness, and if found guilty beyond reasonable doubt by a jury of peers, then sentence him according to the laws as written and passed.

Gotcha, 100%.

But I said the exact same thing about every shady broker of classified info since I was old enough to be politically aware. I bet if I search, I can find where I said the Wiki Leaks guy did in fact do us all a great service, but did so in knowing and willful violation of a ton of federal security laws that he (like Hillary) read, acknowledged and signed off on, and he should have been charged, prosecuted, afforded due process and then when his inevitable guilty verdict was handed down, sentenced to the max allowable punishment.

My anger at this Mar-A-Lago thing is not based on law enforcement doing a search and seizure pursuant to a warrant. It is based on two things:
  • The accused and/or his representation were not allowed to witness the search/seizure of his property, which violates his 4th Amendment protections, while also creating every opportunity for mischief on the part of the accuser, who has a verified, observable history of fabricating, falsifying and planting evidence on this particular individual.
  • The same zeal for investigating/prosecuting suspected crimes related to the handling and/or storage of classified materials does not exist if the suspect is a registered Democrat with any sort of national name recognition, which makes our Department of Justice and FBI both glaringly partisan and politically motivated in the discharge of their duties.
Thank you. We may disagree on some of your points, but I applaud your commitment to Justice for All.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:22 AM

17,412 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Morning Joe seems to think he has it...LOL

https://twitter.com/Morning_Joe/stat...16140656955395
The warrant won't give details.

The sealed affidavit will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies