Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 01:32 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Somebody from Trump’s inner circle is cooperating with authorities. No question
True. Per WaPo reporting, investigators long suspected Trump aides were lying/holding back documents. Apparently, the informant triggered the raid.

Turley on Fox a few minutes ago said Newsweek reported an inside informant was involved.
Quote:
The raid on Mar-a-Lago was based largely on information from an FBI confidential human source, one who was able to identify what classified documents former President Trump was still hiding and even the location of those documents, two senior government officials told Newsweek.

The officials, who have direct knowledge of the FBI's deliberations and were granted anonymity in order to discuss sensitive matters, said the raid of Donald Trump's Florida residence was deliberately timed to occur when the former president was away.

FBI decision-makers in Washington and Miami thought that denying the former president a photo opportunity or a platform from which to grandstand (or to attempt to thwart the raid) would lower the profile of the event, says one of the sources, a senior Justice Department official who is a 30-year veteran of the FBI.

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-i...-where-1732283
Typical Trump, he lies, and his 'woe is me' for lying and breaking the law is turned into a huge win for him - yet again.

Some things never change.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:35 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ball is in your court, Donald. You can prove your innocence!
They'd already given him an inventory of what they'd taken? When did they do that?

You fail to even understand the basic fact that it's not up to Trump to "prove his innocence". It's "innocent until proven guilty", not guilty until proven innocent.
Re: the bolded ...
True as far as the courts are concerned.

But what Trump is doing here is playing the victim for public consumption. It is misleading.

He isn't doing this for any judge, he is appealing to the court of public opinion, for obvious reasons. Thus, if he was really wronged, he should be able to demonstrate that by showing the warrant. What was the "excuse" the FBI gave for entering the hotel and how does that differ, if at all, from what he actually did or did not do?

He has no intention of showing you that warrant, and he knows that you don't want us to see it.

The is a polemical game, not a serious discussion about police abuse or government overreach or political persecution. It is a game he is playing, and you people are playing along.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:36 PM

23,572 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
That's not quite correct. They went back in June and found stuff still there in the basement. Five days later they called Mar-a-Lago and asked them to secure the documents. Their next visit was the raid.
Did they? The article I'd previously linked said nothing about them finding anything in June, and I hadn't seen that mentioned in any other article either. Please post a link showing that they had "found stuff".

Quote:
Someone at Mar-a-Lago put a padlock on the door to the room the boxes were stored in.
Yeah, so?
The article that I'd previously linked had stated that the feds had told Trump that the storage area was not secure, so Trump followed their advice and had the lock installed. Goodness, you people will grasp at any straw.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:38 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Somebody from Trump’s inner circle is cooperating with authorities. No question
I keep wondering if Mark Meadows has flipped since he got caught witness tampering by contacting Cassidy Hutchinson. The FBI also seized Scott Perry's phone yesterday with a warrant.

Sounds like trouble brewing in Trumpworld somewhere.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I get it, you can say any strange thing you want to say but when you are confronted and questioned about it then you dodge. how typical.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:43 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
They'd already given him an inventory of what they'd taken? When did they do that?

You fail to even understand the basic fact that it's not up to Trump to "prove his innocence". It's "innocent until proven guilty", not guilty until proven innocent.
Bingo

Old 08-10-2022, 01:45 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
If the DoJ was going to perform a raid on any US President, it would need to be conducted in an open and transparent manner. They would need to go far and above any normal procedural requirements. They would need to perfectly document their actions in such a way that it shines a bright light on what they were doing.

The raid should have been performed in such a precise manner that there would be absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that it was legit. It would need to use reliable and trusted video and human documentation, so that even the most strident Biden/Garland critic would not be able to claim the raid was deceptive, corrupt or political in nature. This way if the FBI did uncover any incriminating evidence no one would be able to claim they planted that evidence.

They should have invited Trump's lawyers, and allowed them their own video recording devices, so there was no doubt that any evidence collected was legit.

but, the FBI did this all under a dark cloud and there is no way critic will accept that the corrupt, politicized FBI did not plant evidence, should they try to claim any was found.

Like I said in an earlier post, the FBI have not attempted to be open and transparent, they could claim they found Jimmy Hoffa's remains in Trump's residence, and their is no way to prove otherwise.
Agreed. Trump is not the president, regardless of what the thinks. He is a private citizen with no special privileges under the law.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:47 PM

5,983 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I keep wondering if Mark Meadows has flipped since he got caught witness tampering by contacting Cassidy Hutchinson. The FBI also seized Scott Perry's phone yesterday with a warrant.

Sounds like trouble brewing in Trumpworld somewhere.
I doubt it. I bet its a simple explanation.

There are no records or files in the Oval Office so someone has to check them out in order to get them to the President, just like you do a Library book or evdience located in a Police lockup. And there is a chain of custody on those documents checked out.

When Trump requested them it would show they were delivered toTrump and it would show they were never returned. The Gopher that went delivered the records is not going to fall on that sword so that person would point directly at Trump for not returning those documents that were checked out.

In essence, everyone that could check the log would know what was missing and where they went. Its not like some special detective work was needed.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
You first. Prove he did return it all. I can't prove he failed to do so, you can't prove he did so.
Yeah okay I get it, you cannot prove your point so you try to swing it to me to prove you wrong. I'm not into that kind of game playing.
Quote:
Fortunately, there is now evidence in the hands of the FBI that might shed light on the situation-unless it was for a different, more serious crime. Time will tell.
Yeah, they probably found things that they can twist and use against him over the next couple of years, to harm his or others campaigning. it's what they do yanno.
Or maybe they will find something that they had planted? Which is likely since they wanted to gather things in secret.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:51 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
A load of nonsense. But I would expect nothing other from this clown at MSNBC. He’s actually worse than the hacks at CNN, and that’s a hard contest to win.

THE OBSCURE LAW … that says all you need to know about the alleged crime ….
"It was all a liberal conspiracy"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies